Thread: Federal Bill Would Make Owning Body Armor a Crime Punishable by 10 Years in Prison

Federal Bill Would Make Owning Body Armor a Crime Punishable by 10 Years in Prison

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-la...ars-in-prison/

Democratic members of Congress apparently aren’t going to be satisfied until American citizens are completely and utterly defenseless.

Representative Mike Honda (D-CA) has introduced a bill for consideration of the new Congress which would prohibit the ownership of certain types of body armor for civilians.

H.R. 378 would make it a crime to own Type III body armor which would be punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Yeah, 10 years in prison.

Continues on Link, but I dont think you need to read any more than that.

(That is a Hint to keep reading...)
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let me guess..........This fine piece of legislation doesn't apply to ANY member of the "Just-Us" department or their family?

Court clerks and jailhouse janitors are authorized but not farmers and soccer moms..

I'll just disguise my body armor as a hoodie and be all good.

Oh wait... some places are trying to ban hoodies too. Damn, you just can't win for losin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

LibForestPaul

Lines in sand, tides washing ashore.

Stock up on gummy bears. They stop small caliber rounds.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ght=gummy+bear
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Let me guess..........This fine piece of legislation doesn't apply to ANY member of the "Just-Us" department or their family?

Court clerks and jailhouse janitors are authorized but not farmers and soccer moms..
    Yeah, that is about the long and short of it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The only thing Body Armor does is keep you from being shot and killed. I guess these traitors want us to be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

In defense of the bill, millions of people are killed by body armor every year. This great scourge of America must be addressed once and for all!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The only thing Body Armor does is keep you from being shot and killed. I guess these traitors want us to be killed.
    Of course. If the police can't kill you at will something is wrong
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is VERY true and I wish people would take this concept more serious.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    In defense of the bill, millions of people are killed by body armor every year. This great scourge of America must be addressed once and for all!
    ok. that was funny.

Ya know, if anyone had any doubt whatsoever as to why TPTB want our guns, here is your proof.
    They want to ban self-defense.
    In Amerika, you have no RIGHT TO LIFE.
    Next up; 5 years in prison for ducking behind a door when an LEO is shooting at you...
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Look, if the government decides it needs to kill you there's no reason why you should have to make it harder on them.

This is actually what some people think.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Are there any speeches or writings by the congressvermin who support this bill giving some ostensibly reasonable pretexts for it? I'm a connoisseur of pathetically slapdash justifications for government overreach and I seriously want to know how they think they can possibly couch this in any way that doesn't come across as "we want you (the peon class) to be perpetually helpless and defenseless against our every whim."

Oh wait...I'm sure it's "for the children" somehow.
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 01-28-2015 at 11:55 AM.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

if it gets to the point that i need body armor, well...its been real, and its been fun...

You know what's really sick about this proposal? It outlaws bullet proof backpacks that you could buy for your child to increase his chance of surviving a school shooting. That's how we have to fight this. Body armor. It's for the children.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Not happening! The Republican Congress won't pass it and the Stares have already nullified gun laws.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You know what's really sick about this proposal? It outlaws bullet proof backpacks that you could buy for your child to increase his chance of surviving a school shooting. That's how we have to fight this. Body armor. It's for the children.

Agree. It is time to throw "for the children" back in their faces. Children need body armor in case they are accidentally shot by a cop or a drug dealer. Its not as if the 2nd Amendment exists to enable people to rob liquor stores!
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Not happening! The Republican Congress won't pass it and the Stares have already nullified gun laws.
    This. No way this Dem bill moves in a Rep Congress. I do wish nullification was more popular than it is though.

The Bill, itself:

[Congressional Bills 114th Congress][From the U.S. Government Printing Office][H.R. 378 Introduced in House (IH)]114th CONGRESS 1st Session H. R. 378 To prohibit the purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians, with exceptions._______________________________________ ________________________________ IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES January 14, 2015 Mr. Honda (for himself, Mr. Hastings, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, and Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary_________________________________________ ______________________________ A BILL To prohibit the purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians, with exceptions. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE. This Act may be cited as the ``Responsible Body Armor Possession Act''.SEC. 2. BAN ON PURCHASE, OWNERSHIP, OR POSSESSION OF ENHANCED BODY ARMOR BY CIVILIANS; EXCEPTIONS. (a) In General.--Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following: ``Sec. 932. Ban on purchase, ownership, or possession of enhanced body armor by civilians ``(a) Except as provided in subsection (b), it shall be unlawful for a person to purchase, own, or possess enhanced body armor. ``(b) Subsection (a) shall not apply to-- ``(1) a purchase, ownership, or possession by or under the authority of-- ``(A) the United States or any department or agency of the United States; or ``(B) a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State; or ``(2) enhanced body armor that was lawfully possessed by any person at any time before the date this section takes effect.''. (b) Enhanced Body Armor Defined.--Section 921(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ``(36) The term `enhanced body armor' means body armor, including a helmet or shield, the ballistic resistance of which meets or exceeds the ballistic performance of Type III armor, determined using National Institute of Justice Standard-0101.06.''. (c) Penalties.--Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ``(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 932 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.''. <all>

All I can say is that if enacted, which likely will not happen any time soon, I will not comply. I have L-III plates and, before much longer, intend on making my own L-IV plates.The Congress can go suck an egg.
    Last edited by osan; 01-28-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Sounds like they have a 2nd Amendment problem to me.

ARMS. Any thing that a man wears for his defence, or takes in his hands, or uses in his anger, to cast at, or strike at another. Co. Litt. 161 b, 162 a; Crompt. Just. P. 65; Cunn. Dict. h.t.
    2. The Constitution of the United States, Amendm. art. 2, declares, "that a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." In Kentucky, a statute "to prevent persons from wearing concealed arms," has been declared to be unconstitutional; 2 Litt. R. 90; while in Indiana a similar statute has been holden valid and constitutional. 3 Blackf. R. 229. Vide Story, Const. Sec. 1889, 1890 Amer. Citizen, 176; 1 Tuck. Black. App. 300 Rawle on Const. 125.
    ARMS, heraldry. Signs of arms, or drawings painted on shields, banners, and the like. The arms of the United States are described in the Resolution of Congress, of June 20, 1782. Vide Seal of the United States.
    A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Sounds like they have a 2nd Amendment problem to me.
    HOORAY!
    The Constitution will save us!

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Are there any speeches or writings by the congressvermin who support this bill giving some ostensibly reasonable pretexts for it? I'm a connoisseur of pathetically slapdash justifications for government overreach and I seriously want to know how they think they can possibly couch this in any way that doesn't come across as "we want you (the peon class) to be perpetually helpless and defenseless against our every whim."

Oh wait...I'm sure it's "for the children" somehow.
    I'll hazard a guess: prevent psychos from armoring up and going on a shooting rampage like that dude in California 20+ years ago and the cops' 9mm bounced off.

Or, we'll see news shortly of the above scenario playing out and...whattya know, there's a bill ready for a vote! How convenient!

Is the government wanting us to be disarmed and get us killed by robber or shooting with no defense weapons and blame it on us?

Banned

Blog Entries
    I cant wait until a cop tries to shoot someone in body armor, and claim the armor was an attempt at resisting arrest.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Is the government wanting us to be disarmed and get us killed by robber or shooting with no defense weapons and blame it on us?
    Almost, they want us to be fully dependant on their Monopoly on Violence.

The issue is that Self Defense conflicts with their Monopoly on Violence. When SHTF and push comes to shove, they will fully utilize that very same Monopoloy on Violence to demand Total Obedience. It wont be about paychecks any more, it will be "go to work or we will shoot your asses". Total Enslavement of the human race, and they do not want ANY with the ability to defend themselves against their power. No Guns, no Knives with pointy tips (Britain), no Body Armor, no Dogs, Warrantless Entry, Just-Us Criminal System that only takes care of itself at your expense, Censorship, Total Surveillance, Zero Bill of Rights in the name of National Security, Unlimited Fiat Currency, and Mandatory Labor Camps. TOTAL $#@!ing Enslavement, because it benefits a handful of powerful at the very tippy top.
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    if it gets to the point that i need body armor, well...its been real, and its been fun...
    That's ok. If it comes to that I'll handle business. That's what us grunts were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's what us grunts were made for.
    And aging ninja with long distance rifles.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Something else is to consider that which we have to defend ourselves with; Guns.

The 2nd Amendment is constantly under attack, most are fully aware of this and recognize the potential danger it poses to us all. However, we usually dont look too closely at the other side of the coin. We see Law after Law depriving the people of the Right to Bear Arms, making it more and more difficult to purchase guns legally. The other side of the coin that most people miss is that these Laws do NOT do anything to stop a Criminal from getting a gun on the Black Market. The Laws are, by design, to prevent the Legal Purchase, but have NO POWER over the Underground Gun Sales, or flat out theft. The punishments for using a Gun to commit a crime are not effective as they need to be because our prisons are full of Pot Smokers. The Laws are INTENDED to separate the Law Abiding Citizens of their ability to defend themselves, and this is what directly conflicts with our Govts Monopoloy on Violence. You need look no further than Anti Spanking Laws for evidence. Denial of Body Armor is only an extension of depriving you of your ability to defend yourself. They know what is coming because it has been the plan the whole $#@!ing time. War on Us.

Monopoly of Belief
    Monopoly of Money
    Monopoly of Violence

The foundation of Tyranny.
    1776 > 1984