Thread: December 4, 1945: The Day the Senate Surrendered Our Sovereignty

December 4, 1945: The Day the Senate Surrendered Our Sovereignty

On December 4, 1945, the United States Senate passed the United Nations Participation Act, committing the United States to full, active participation in the United Nations Organization.

The New American
    04 December 2013
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a great topic and quite good article. However, I would date the end of Soverignty to 28 January, 1919-the founding of the League of Nations. In the mid-2000's there was legislation floating around in the House about U.S. withdrawl from the U.N. Whatever happened to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Yeah , screw 'em , I have never surrendered , nor will I .

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is a great topic and quite good article. However, I would date the end of Sovereignty to 28 January, 1919-the founding of the League of Nations. In the mid-2000's there was legislation floating around in the House about U.S. withdrawal from the U.N. Whatever happened to that?
    Woodrow Wilson championed the League of Nations, but the Senate Rejected it.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Woodrow Wilson championed the League of Nations, but the Senate Rejected it.
    True. I just consider the LN a more accurate date. I did a report in my college freshman year about withdrawing from the U.N., and my research led me to this conclusion. I may change my mind later, we'll see. Anyway, good thread. ~hugs~
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

There should be some kind of $#@! award named for Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is a great topic and quite good article. However, I would date the end of Soverignty to 28 January, 1919-the founding of the League of Nations. In the mid-2000's there was legislation floating around in the House about U.S. withdrawl from the U.N. Whatever happened to that?
    The US never joined the League of Nations. But I agree, that was the start of the decline in sovereignty, not just for the US, but for every nation. If the Nazis ever did one thing right, it was telling the League to f off and taking back their sovereignty. Too bad they used it for evil.
    Last edited by eduardo89; 12-05-2013 at 11:06 AM.

September 17, 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post

On December 4, 1945, the United States Senate passed the United Nations Participation Act, committing the United States to full, active participation in the United Nations Organization.

The New American
    04 December 2013
    And the world has been at peace ever since. God bless global government.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

great find thx!
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    And the world has been at peace ever since. God bless global government.
    It never was before that, it was worse off. Yes we have less freedom within nations and corruption but it was bad long before this.

You can obviously bring up nuclear tech etc Which is crap. But have no illusions, I think without the UN nations go back more than a century to a very troubled world. I know the UN sucks, but it needs time, probably a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    It never was before that, it was worse off. Yes we have less freedom within nations and corruption but it was bad long before this.

You can obviously bring up nuclear tech etc Which is crap. But have no illusions, I think without the UN nations go back more than a century to a very troubled world. I know the UN sucks, but it needs time, probably a very long time.
    The world was worse before the UN? Really? How so? What stopped direct superpower conflict was nuclear MAD, not the UN. The ruling class' need for warfare was diverted into constant brush fires and "cold" wars. Just as many people die and just as much wealth is squandered on weapons.

The wretched state of the human race will never be corrected by a top-down imposed solution. It will correct itself, if at all, from the bottom up when human culture changes. Governments will have nothing to do with it. In fact they will obstruct it as much as possible.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

If human nature doesn't evolve then how does anything change. Government is there to change the rules so that extreme people don't get away with their own agendas. The Atomic bomb was hatched because it was genius, they didn't care about the destruction. The powers don't want to get rid of them.