Santorum 5%
    Huntsman 3%
    Cain 2%
    Giuliani 2%
    Johnson 0%
    Pawlenty 2%
    Perry 2%
    Roemer 0%

This poll was done July 5-11 among 600 likely caucus goers.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-12-2011 at 11:30 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice! The momentum is strong!
    John Adams:

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

Thomas Jefferson:

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

www.FarmFreshRawFoods.com Support our small business. We accept Gold & Silver!
    We also donate 5% of our annual profits to a local charity not named Uncle Sam.

I think this is even better news considering that Paul's support are not just likely, but definite caucus goers.

Personally, I'm expecting a 2nd place finish in Ames behind Bachman (if she doesn't implode first). I also think he has an outside shot at winning. That would be huge!

The media's been talking up Ames. They will try to diminish the importance after the results, of course, but it should winnow the field a bit. We need to make sure that when those others drop out, they come to Paul as their second choice.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

This is also better news given that the one they put out yesterday, by that company that hilariously mis read the Kentucky senate race, was actually taken in June. No clue why they held it so long to release.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Excellent! The timing is right and it fits into pattern of good press and good organization in Iowa and the polling firm is legit. Steve Bierfeldt was on our grassroots conference call last night and he was very confident RP is going to do well in the straw poll and the caucus. Remember, this is the first time, in any Iowa poll since 2007, RP has had this high a percentage. And these numbers are going to get press attention along with the candidate's announcement he's putting in all his effort towards a White House run.

If there's no major screw ups out there (fingers crossed), then baby we're on our way.
    Last edited by Badger Paul; 07-12-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I think this is even better news considering that Paul's support are not just likely, but definite caucus goers.

Personally, I'm expecting a 2nd place finish in Ames behind Bachman (if she doesn't implode first). I also think he has an outside shot at winning. That would be huge!

The media's been talking up Ames. They will try to diminish the importance after the results, of course, but it should winnow the field a bit. We need to make sure that when those others drop out, they come to Paul as their second choice.

If we can't win Ames then trying to win statewide is futile....

Ames is do or die

Lastly, lets hope that this poll is correct. 14% is dayum good right now.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

I've been following Ron Paul since the the 2007 campaign and I don't remember ever seeing him poll this high in a legitimate, mainstream poll. This is good news!

Wow, Paul kills with Independents and went from 3% in April to 14% in July. Bachmann, unfortunately, surged just as much.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    well, after looking at some graphs it appears as though ARG IS a well-known pollster who is usually pretty accurate.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

I've been told to keep bad poll figures out of thread titles. By the same token, can one of the mods put the 14%/3rd place figures in the thread title so they get tweeted?

R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post

Ames is do or die

I disagree. Bachmann timed her announcement well and had a good roll out, but vetting has just begun. I predict she implodes, but whether that will be before or after Ames, I have no idea.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    I've been told to keep bad poll figures out of thread titles. By the same token, can one of the mods put the 14%/3rd place figures in the thread title so they get tweeted?
    done, with pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I disagree. Bachmann timed her announcement well and had a good roll out, but vetting has just begun. I predict she implodes, but whether that will be before or after Ames, I have no idea.
    I think we're on the same page here. I expect the same thing. I believe it is of vital importance that we capitalize on this when it happens. It may be the last shot. We must be positioning ourselves to be the second choice of anyone who seems to be supporting Bachman. That goes likewise for any of the other candidates, but Bachman will be the key.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I think Herman Cain's campaign is dying. T-Paw as well. Those are bad numbers for them.

Looks like Pawlenty will be dropping out soon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps the overall best news coming out NOW is that Ron support is solid, which means he has a floor and can only continue to build support. He has managed to stay out of the lines of fire and avoid negative press WHILE all other candidates are attacking each other and the press are willing to go negative against the other candidates. I was quite surprised how Gingrich, Cain, and Pawlenty's candidacies are ALREADY called in question. Now they are starting on Bachman...the pledge that she sign beleive it or not, has generated a lot of negative attention and they are all back-tracking now...this will be meat in the IOWA debate AND Ron can really rise above the fray by responding intelligently to the Family Leder Pledge...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    It reminds me of Wiley E. Coyote, when he has the keg of TNT. The media has picked up the powder trail, long ago actually, and I believe the media is anxious to light it as she's walking around with the keg. There's a time for these things though...

I've actually had hard core leftist types promote Michelle to me. Saying she's intelligent, and is Tea Party endorsed, etc etc... LOL. I dont have to explain why they love her sooo much - at least during the primary.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    Perhaps the overall best news coming out NOW is that Ron support is solid, which means he has a floor and can only continue to build support. He has managed to stay out of the lines of fire and avoid negative press WHILE all other candidates are attacking each other and the press are willing to go negative against the other candidates. I was quite surprised how Gingrich, Cain, and Pawlenty's candidacies are ALREADY called in question. Now they are starting on Bachman...the pledge that she sign beleive it or not, has generated a lot of negative attention and they are all back-tracking now...this will be meat in the IOWA debate AND Ron can really rise above the fray by responding intelligently to the Family Leder Pledge...

but what is that floor?

His hardcore base (us) makes up possibly, what, 7% of primary goers?

One thing is for sure, if he wins Ames or Iowa (statewide) the r*cist smears will again be an issue and we MUST be ready to deal with them.

Romney isn't even running in this poll, how could this be legit?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    Romney isn't even running in this poll, how could this be legit?
    ?

What are you talking about? He's in 2nd place in this poll

this is great! expect his numbers to rise too with the news today.

HELL YEAH GUYS!!
    What a major increase! We can win this.
    rp2012.org
    ^^Call independents (not republicans, so little overlap with the campaign = prevent repeat calls)

?

What are you talking about? He's in 2nd place in this poll
    He meant: Romney isn't focusing on Iowa. Nonetheless he still gets lots of votes...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [QUOTE=cdc482;3392550]HELL YEAH GUYS!!
    rp2012.org
    ^^Call independents NOT republicans (the campaign's focus) to prevent repeat calls and overlap.

[QUOTE=cdc482;3392556]
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc482 View Post
    HELL YEAH GUYS!!
    rp2012.org
    ^^Call independents NOT republicans (the campaign's focus) to prevent repeat calls and overlap.
    i suggest people donate to the campaign and tell this person(rp2012.org) to take a hike!! this is republican caucus goers not indys or dems rp2012.org is a total scam on money!! donate here www.ronpaul2012.com!!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 07-12-2011 at 11:53 AM.

I think we're on the same page here. I expect the same thing. I believe it is of vital importance that we capitalize on this when it happens. It may be the last shot. We must be positioning ourselves to be the second choice of anyone who seems to be supporting Bachman. That goes likewise for any of the other candidates, but Bachman will be the key.
    I think a lot of those who flocked to Bachmann previously flocked to Cain and potentially to Trump before that. They were looking for the new star. They think they know Ron but know the spin more than they know his actual record. But a lot may not even give him a second look until they don't have a 'flavor of the month' to evaluate. So we have to out wait their trajectories.

but what is that floor?

His hardcore base (us) makes up possibly, what, 7% of primary goers?

One thing is for sure, if he wins Ames or Iowa (statewide) the r*cist smears will again be an issue and we MUST be ready to deal with them.
    The percentage of his floor is irrelevant, what I was implying was that all other candidates have higher variability which means that they can drop as quickly as they rise...they can mess up and lose support...Ron's support is NOT going anywhere BUT UP! 4 weeks to AMES and Ron is now moving up significantly...the only thing that has hurt us is Bachmann getting in the race and stealing the 'tea-party' label...which should have naturally been Ron's...it was and still is a MAJOR blow to what could have been...RON really needs to turn on his 'tea-party' talking points and pull from Bachmann...seriously...not sure exactly what that would look like but he has to under-cut her in some way...FORGET about Romney in the next debate..>Hammer Obama and Bachmann on policies DIRECTLY...give the media the meat they love and can't ignore...with T-PAW weak, ROn has to BOX him out of the debate somehow...that should be the strategy going into the DEBATE...cause the world is watching that DEBATE and perceivable it is the MOST important debate performance FOR Paul IN HIS WHOLE CAREER, particularly if the campaign's stated strategy is "ALL-IN in IOWA..." Pull out the big GUNS>>>> WEED and WOODS!!! Ron needs to have a nice funny Reaganish joke to pop at this debate...get people to like him
    Last edited by BUSHLIED; 07-12-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Ames is do or die

Lastly, lets hope that this poll is correct. 14% is dayum good right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    ^^
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

[QUOTE=speciallyblend;3392571]
    Quote Originally Posted by cdc482 View Post

i suggest people donate to the campaign and tell this person to take a hike!! this is republican caucus goers not indys or dems rp2012.org is a total scam on money!! donate here www.ronpaul2012.com!!!
    I don't know it is a scam, but the campaign says they are not getting the information and since the campaign now has its own phone line up for volunteers, it seems to me that is the way to go. You can volunteer here: http://iowaforronpaul.com/get-involved.php (scroll down) it says from Iowa, but they are now letting strong Ron Paul supporters from out of state help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast