Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul didn't make debate because DMR poll was only released today instead of Monday

Paul didn't make debate because DMR poll was only released today instead of Monday

Rand Paul appears to be a victim of bad timing.

The Kentucky senator has failed to catch fire like some of his other fellow GOP presidential candidates, but Fox Business Network’s decision to boot him for the first time off the main stage at Thursday night’s debate in South Carolina was a potential knockout punch for his flailing candidacy.

The network made that decision based on Paul’s standing in public polls. Fox Business had said last month that the top six candidates in the five most recent national polls as of Monday evening would make the main stage, joined by any other candidates who appeared in the top five in either Iowa or New Hampshire — the two states that vote first in the nominating process. Paul was in seventh place in all three averages, according to POLITICO’s calculations.

But a new Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll in Iowa released Wednesday morning has Paul at 5 percent — alone in fifth place. In fact, if the Des Moines Register poll is included on the list of the five most recent polls, it gets Paul into a tie for fifth place with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 4.2 percent. That, presumably, would get Paul onto the main stage.

It’s true that the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll was released 36 hours after Fox Business’ deadline for inclusion. But it was conducted Jan. 7-10 — entirely before the qualification deadline. Other polls from American Research Group (Jan. 6-10) and Quinnipiac University (Jan. 5-10) conducted through Sunday were released on Monday afternoon (Jan. 11) and made it into Fox Business’ average.

Quite simply: Had the Register and Bloomberg released their poll, which was completed Sunday, on Monday at 5:59 p.m. instead of Wednesday at 6 a.m., Paul would likely have qualified for the main stage.

But Fox Business isn't backing down. "We announced the criteria in December and clearly stated the polling needed to be conducted and released by Monday, January 11th at 6pm/ET," Fox Business spokesperson Caley Cronin told POLITICO Wednesday morning.

Paul has declined to participate in the undercard debate. The candidates set to be on the main stage are Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Ben Carson, Chris Christie, John Kasich and Bush.

A Paul spokesman didn’t return a request for comment on the new data early Wednesday morning.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, how dare a news organization choose when they want to release their poll. "Had the Register," well, the fact is that they didn't.

Drudge/Politico: Did timing of one poll knock Rand Paul out of debate?

But a new Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll in Iowa released Wednesday morning has Paul at 5 percent — alone in fifth place. In fact, if the Des Moines Register poll is included on the list of the five most recent polls, it gets Paul into a tie for fifth place with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 4.2 percent. That, presumably, would get Paul onto the main stage.

It’s true that the Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics poll was released 36 hours after Fox Business’ deadline for inclusion. But it was conducted Jan. 7-10 — entirely before the qualification deadline. Other polls from American Research Group (Jan. 6-10) and Quinnipiac University (Jan. 5-10) conducted through Sunday were released on Monday afternoon (Jan. 11) and made it into Fox Business’ average.

httpx:// www politico.com/story/2016/01/rand-paul-2016-republican-debate-poll-217702
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

FK Drudge.

It's in small letters... Right below;

"Trump best bet"
    "Bush bumps to 3rd."
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Yeah, how dare a news organization choose when they want to release their poll. "Had the Register," well, the fact is that they didn't.
    Given the criticality of the Monday deadline impacting the debate participants, and given the "deadline mentality" of organizations like DMR, these guys knew what they were doing and are without excuse for not posting the results in time to include Rand.

Stinks to high heaven.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    FK Drudge.

It's in small letters... Right below;

"Trump best bet"
    "Bush bumps to 3rd."
    FK Drudge for reporting the news? Trump topping the betting markets for the first time is huge news.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you kidding me?

Would that one poll really have made a difference? What am I missing here?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Would that one poll really have made a difference? What am I missing here?
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
    They don't use PPP. Without PPP, Paul and Bush are tied for 5th in Iowa

hopefully Rand can appeal this, really need all the exposure he can get before Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Given the criticality of the Monday deadline impacting the debate participants, and given the "deadline mentality" of organizations like DMR, these guys knew what they were doing and are without excuse for not posting the results in time to include Rand.

Stinks to high heaven.
    It's a conspiracy!

Was it widely coordinated? Who knows. Often decisions are made at lower levels by "like-minded" people. In other words, it probably was delayed to harm Rand, but who was involved is an open question.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I knew this was all a setup by the RNC and now I am soooo furious! And this Des Moines newspaper is in on it; as if it was just a coincidence that they waited to release this poll...had to get Bush in there. I am sooo furious I don't know what to do!

is this how the ron/rand paul revolution ends? with a whimper?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I knew this was all a setup by the RNC and now I am soooo furious! And this Des Moines newspaper is in on it; as if it was just a coincidence that they waited to release this poll...had to get Bush in there. I am sooo furious I don't know what to do!
    You could further explain your theory of how a newspaper is in on a conspiracy with the RNC. Otherwise, I'd suggest taking a step back and exhaling. This is the sort of wackjob talk people accuse Paul fans of being, and more often than not, they're right.

You could further explain your theory of how a newspaper is in on a conspiracy with the RNC. Otherwise, I'd suggest taking a step back and exhaling. This is the sort of wackjob talk people accuse Paul fans of being, and more often than not, they're right.
    Patiently awaiting your ban for trolling Rand's forum . . . who exactly are you working for?

Why would you take a poll immediately before the deadline but sit on it until after the deadline, making it irrelevant? This smells like a rat.

Or you could explain why there was an abnormally low amount of new polling data released during the two weeks leading up to this announcement when compared to other cycles and, furthermore, explain why a reputable polling firm decided to wait until the morning after their results would actually matter to release the data that they already have. Everyone knew the set date and a polling company should certainly be aware that this might look suspicious.

Maybe DMR was trying to cover up the fact that they only polled 5% of 2012 Ron Paul voters, when Ron 21% in the Caucus.
    A legit poll will put Rand at over 20%
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

So DMR is owned by Gannett Corporation, who owns thousands of newspapers across the country, including USAToday. HQ recently moved to Washington, DC area.

What's their play by doing this?

On their corporate website in the Who We Are section, they boast the headline "A DEEP HISTORY ROOTED IN TRUTH." Good to know.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    FK Drudge for reporting the news? Trump topping the betting markets for the first time is huge news.
    $#@! trumpsters, if he is on the main ticket i am voting against him in spite of people like you.

Drudge has been a HUGE part of the problem this election. I have dramatically cut down on my DR page views in protest.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So DMR is owned by Gannett Corporation, who owns thousands of newspapers across the country, including USAToday. HQ recently moved to Washington, DC area.

What's their play by doing this?

On their corporate website in the Who We Are section, they boast the headline "A DEEP HISTORY ROOTED IN TRUTH." Good to know.
    Good digging. They also own the Courier Journal which did it damnedest to smear Rand in his original Senate run.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by statist slayer View Post
    Drudge has been a HUGE part of the problem this election. I have dramatically cut down on my DR page views in protest.
    That's like boycotting McDonald's by not super sizing your Happy Meal (TM). Stop patronizing the anti-liberty media outlets.

To repeat, anybody paying for cable or dish is part of the problem. And visit those sites with ads/tracking/malware-promotion disabled.

Contact the RNC and FOX News, tell them to let Rand debate!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ET-RAND-DEBATE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mit26chell View Post
    Patiently awaiting your ban for trolling Rand's forum . . . who exactly are you working for?
    Ah, there it is. Because I'm not seeing some greater conspiracy, I must be working for someone. Cool your jets, mate.

You could further explain your theory of how a newspaper is in on a conspiracy with the RNC
    It has nothing to do with conspiracies. It's how it works, or are you so naive, or stupid? , to think this is all coincidence. If you are an adult, I feel sorry for you.

Stinks to high heaven.
    I tend to think so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast