Thread: traffic camera company getting it's *** kicked by a judge

traffic camera company getting it's *** kicked by a judge

From Ben Swann's facebook wall:

http://www.naturalnews.com/041084_sp...g_tickets.html

Cincinnati judge orders all speed cameras confiscated, manufacturer held in contempt

Ruehlman found in March that the speed cameras were unconstitutional, essentially then ordering them shut down, along with the speed ticket program. He also ruled that outstanding tickets issued as a result of the system did not have to be paid.

During the June 27 hearing, Ruehlman found that his order had been violated in a number of ways. First off, the cameras had been turned back on, though Elmwood Place Police Chief Bill Peskin said during the hearing that they were only used to collect traffic and speed data, not to collect license plate information or to issue new traffic tickets.

He also testified that people who had come to the station to pay tickets they had been issued were told that they didn't have to.

"Many people did show up, trying to pay their citation to us," Peskin said, "and we told them that the program was to be suspended and they didn't have to pay the citation."

The thing is, tickets were never meant to be paid to the suburb - though some monies apparently were collected, with some going back to Elmwood Place, according to court testimony.

"The traffic camera company collected the citations, and apparently continued to collect money sent in after the judge's March order," WLWT reported. "There was testimony in court that some $48,000 was collected, with a percentage of that money passed on to the village per the speed camera contract. Optotraffic did not have a representative in court Thursday.

. . . .

In order to ensure no further violations of his order occurred, the judge ordered the Hamilton County sheriff to impound the traffic cameras and all of the equipment that is part of the traffic program, and store it at the expense of Elmwood Place. The equipment is to be released when the $48,000 in improperly collected ticket fees is returned. Per WLWT:

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/041084_sp...#ixzz2YUF6RCWe
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guess the manufacture didn't provide the proper kickbacks to the JustUs system.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

SWEET!

-t

Cool. I hate traffic cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Cool. I hate traffic cameras.
    So does Ohio, apparently.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I wish Missouri would hate them

An honorable Judge!? Wow!
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Governor Scott, here is Florida, signed into law that you are not allowed to fight or dispute camera tickets. It is illegal to defend yourself against these red light cameras here.

And Scott is a Republican. Imagine that.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    So does everyone that isnt reaping the benefits of taxation by citation.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

He will soon be replaced by another judge after a "freak" accident resulting in his death. The grid will be back up shortly, thank you for your patience citizens.
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 07-10-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    He will soon be replaced by another judge after a "freak" accident resulting in his death. The grid will be back up shortly, thank you for you patience citizens.

He will soon be replaced by another judge after a "freak" accident resulting in his death. The grid will be back up shortly, thank you for your patience citizens.
    ???
    The grid was never down, the judge in question never made that ruling (he never actually existed, anyway), oh, and there is no matrix.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

What would have happened if Neo took both pills?
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

What would have happened if Neo took both pills?
    He'd know about the matrix but couldn't be bothered enough about it to do anything about it (kinda like the Liberty Movement).
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    He'd know about the matrix but couldn't be bothered enough about it to do anything about it (kinda like the Liberty Movement).
    lol, I think.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

we got rid of them in Redmond - didn't change the law and they didn't allow our petition, but enough signatures submitted a few months prior to the primary election changed a 7-0 approval into a 7-0 don't renew the contract (Goldman-owned company was making about $50/ticket, whether paid or not I think)

there's hope. maybe.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"