Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All of LA's 640,000 schoolkids will get iPads by the end of 2014

All of LA's 640,000 schoolkids will get iPads by the end of 2014

Tax dollars finally doing something worthwhile. Think of the children! NSA: Do those things have cameras and microphones on them? /s

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/26/45...en-la-district

After signing a $30 million iPad deal with Apple in June, the Los Angeles School Board of Education has revealed the full extent of the program that will provide tablets to all students in the district. CiteWorld reports that the first phase of the program will see pupils receive 31,000 iPads this school year, rising to 640,000 Apple tablets by the end of 2014. Apple previously announced that the initiative would include 47 campuses and commence in the fall.

THE DISTRICT'S $30 MILLION WILL ONLY COVER THE FIRST 31,000 IPADS

As part of the deal, Apple will preload iPads with educational resources. Those apps will include the Pearson Common Core System of Courses and Apple's own iWork (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers) and iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, and Garageband) software suites. Apple has previously launched new textbook initiatives and improved its iTunes U program in an attempt to get more schools using iPads. The board will use the $30 million in tax money to fund the first 31,000 devices but will look for additional funding in order to secure the remaining tablets.
    [edit]
    Thanks to roho76 for pointing out that it will cost LA (hopefully just LA) $618,880,000 to purchase these Ipads for 640,000 students. Where will that come from?
    Last edited by liberty2897; 07-27-2013 at 03:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    too bad they won't get an education with that Ipad, but at least they could buy apps from the store.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Stolen money never results in anything "good". Hopefully at at least the kids can surf the web and educate themselves with the truth!
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Yes they have cameras and mics and yes the governement has been caught spying on kids already.

My kids get macs next year at school. I almost want to tell them to tape over the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes they have cameras and mics and yes the governement has been caught spying on kids already.

My kids get macs next year at school. I almost want to tell them to tape over the camera.

ron paul's homeschool curriculum?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

So who from the LASBE is going to get those well paying Apple-.Gov liaison executive jobs down the road. You know it's coming.

Anybody have the LASBE's RFP for the tablets? I'd like to the see all the information.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Thirty million , what a deal for taxpayers.

I do on my laptop.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol $967 per ipad.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    lol $967 per ipad.
    Multiply that by 640,000. Trust me, you don't want to know the answer.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

I'll bet they never even got pencils from the school.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

corporatism in action

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Multiply that by 640,000. Trust me, you don't want to know the answer.
    THE DISTRICT'S $30 MILLION WILL ONLY COVER THE FIRST 31,000 IPADS
    I think he arrived at that number by 30e6/31e3 = $967.7 each

[edit]
    So where is the money for the other 609,000 Ipads coming from?
    Last edited by liberty2897; 07-27-2013 at 03:18 PM.

So what happens when people start assaulting school kids to steal the ipads to sell ?

Isn't Cal. broke?

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post

[edit]
    That's what I was saying. If 1 iPad cost's $967 then 640,000 for the entire child population of LA is $618,880,000.00. That's a lot of money. And if we really think about how this usually pans out, I can assure you the next iPads won't be as cheap.

Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I'll bet they never even got pencils from the school.
    Pencils are for people who can write. I can't imagine they teach them how to write in LA Public Schools. In the future essays and school papers will be done via text message. /s

NOBP ≠ ABO

Coming soon to a pawnshop near you...

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb556 View Post
    So what happens when people start assaulting school kids to steal the ipads to sell ?
    well, buy more ipads. it's for the children...
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    used ipad bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post

[edit]
    Look in the mirror,it's coming from you.

They will take that money from you at gunpoint and They will use those iPads to teach their students to hate Ron Paul's guts and everything he stands for.

End all government involvement in education,Local,State and Federal.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

In now way do I agree with this, but why doesn't the school board buy the iPads from the apple site. Only $499 each

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    In now way do I agree with this, but why doesn't the school board buy the iPads from the apple site. Only $499 each
    Because they're playing with stolen money, so their attitude is "Who the $#@! cares how much we spend?" Leave All Children Behind.
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
    Because, it's preloaded with free software. uh...
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

That's what I was thinking....craigslist etc.....cheap iPads I hope on secondary MKT.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Don't hesitate. I'm waiting for a Snowden update on this.
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    lol $967 per ipad.

It's one thing to work and pay for something at that price. It has a certain value you attach to it.

Pile on free and being a kid I see a problem. Perhaps if problems do arise they shouldn't be transferred to the recipients. After all the gift givers should have some idea of what may come.

To bad the honest mans dollar no longer has any say in such matters. We are totally at the hands of the counterfeiters and their massive criminal organization.

$30m divided 31000 is $970. Why are they paying over market value?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    $30m divided 31000 is $970. Why are they paying over market value?
    MS Office added?

The process of turning children into obedient workers and consumers continues.
    -Freeman On The Land

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast