Thread: Rand Paul vs. WSJ neocon on Morning Joe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bret Stevens is one of the most deplorable neoconservative propagandists out there. Of course all he wanted to do was turn the discussion around to Iran. Standard neocon propaganda. He talked about how Yemen is a great exporter of terrorism while ignoring the Saudis support for 9/11 and much of the Salafist terrorism in the world. And his talk about the Saudis fighting a war for us and it's saving our troops is ludicrous. As if the US has a need or responsibility to have troops in Yemen, and the Saudis have saved us.

You could hear him in the background while Rand was talking saying "I want to go after this..."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I really don't understand the meme of "Iran is the greatest exporter of terrorism." It is abundantly obvious that the U.S. holds the title; just look at what all the U.S. - funded groups are doing with their weapons

Chester Copperpot

THank you OP for posting a thread that brings this site back to its roots a bit...

Did the neocon just bring up the free market in the debate? well, I guess he should have no problem with the US selling weapons to Iran amiright?

Also didn't Rand bring up in his other interview with Sen Murphy something about the law allowing weapon sales for the weapons to only be used for defense purposes? Lastly, why should I care if the alleged Iran proxies are winning in Yemen.

So the Saudis are our mercenaries? and yemen is a proxy war against Iran?

Then what's the end game of this whole thing? Do you even have a plan? Of course you don't.... neoconservatives never do.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Love those fake digitally imposed flags behind "Joe"...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Anybody listens what this idiot is saying? We have Houthis ..... and then we have Al-Qaeda ... who are allies of .... Al-Qaeda. @5:20

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is astounding how brazen the robotic neocon is to declare that we have hired a mercenary army to fight undeclared and unconstitutional wars. I don't know how Rand Paul has the patience to sit there and listen to him. He laughed at one point to point out to the ridiculousness, then at the end, when the neocon stopped talking, he had the look on his face that read "what a f$&@!%G idiot."

Personally, I think it's time that Rand starts speaking out more assertively and putting to task these establishment shills, since that is what many apparently want. The fact that Trump is powerful is because Americans want a cowboy right now. If they realized how sick they actually were, they would seek out a doctor.

Rand does not need to get unrailed. He can be cool, and forceful, with sobriety and concern. The people want a leader who is a warrior, the same way Putin is so well loved in Russia.

Rand Paul is light years ahead of most politicians in Washington with regards to his knowledge and wisdom about the ideals of liberty and constitutional republic government which gave birth to this nation and made it so great.

But Americans don't want a Calvin Coolidge. They want a Teddy Roosevelt. This is the state of America today.

Rand needs to show he has the knowledge to beat them in a battle of words and facts, and the courage to do so.

But I defer to his decision, since I believe he will do that which is fruitful and right.
    Last edited by TER; 09-20-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

How refreshing to see a liberty lover actually prepared for an interview.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Rand is always a breath of fresh air. At least I can still come to this subforum for some sanity.

lol...... exchange went Rand (substantive reply to a question) then Brett (propaganda rebuttal) then Rand (substantive rebuttal) then Brett (complete non-rebuttal)

That last non-rebuttal by Brett was priceless, he repeated what he said before which Rand had already addressed, and had absolutely nothing else to say..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand is really trying to get my write-in vote THIS cycle!

He's on a great pace lately.

I hope people remember this in 2020 when we start kicking the guy again for not being libertarian enough.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I think that is because when someone is part of the MSM and their self-congratulating, and self-aggrandizing enclave, I think he kind of loses touch with reality and the ability to think for himself.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    So the Saudis are our mercenaries? and yemen is a proxy war against Iran?

Then what's the end game of this whole thing? Do you even have a plan? Of course you don't.... neoconservatives never do.
    No endgame is a core point. No endgame means no end, which is what Theye want. Lead the world to beat itself to death, then move in and take over for real.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The indigenous Houthis are the natural enemy of al qaeda in Yemen. It is because we are working with the Saudis to destroy the Houthis that al Qaeda in Yemen has flourished. When it comes to al Qaeda in Yemen, the Saudis look the other way: they do not fight against al Qaeda. Historically the Houthis only wanted representation in the Yemen government: they repeatedly asked for a political solution way before this war ever started. The Saudis and the U.S. only want a puppet dictator there and they are doing everything they possibly can to deny any type of democracy. Additionally there is little evidence to support that Iran is fully supporting Yemen's Houthis; and i agree with the comment regarding "Iran being the greatest exporter of terrorism". Iran hasn't attacked another country in hundreds of years; people always say this on the MSM but never explain what their facts are.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That last non-rebuttal by Brett was priceless, he repeated what he said before which Rand had already addressed, and had absolutely nothing else to say..
    No depth of understanding, yet this guy is a "Foreign Affairs Columnist" on cable news all the time

Wow - one against four.

Forget the unconstitutionality, 9/11, the admitted proxy war not declared, the human rights violations. Just sell the stinking weapons - if not us then the Russians will!

The bloodthirsty are never satisfied.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws