Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul wins SRLC!!!

Ron Paul wins SRLC!!!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75H1YX20110618

Please Drudge bomb everyone, and he might give us main headline.

http://www.drudgereport.com/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-19-2011 at 07:47 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

BOOM! Ron Paul wins RLC straw poll, New Orleans

Posted on Ron's Facebook page 11 minutes ago:

Link follows to RonPaul2012.com:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/06/1...lc-straw-poll/

Today, 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul again took first place in a straw poll at a major conservative gathering. The Republican Leadership Conference held in New Orleans was the setting for Congressman Paul’s latest victory, winning with 40 percent of the vote over the rest of the Republican field.
    This man can win the primaries, but we're going to have to find as many people who've never voted a day in their life to register (according to state law) Republican to participate. I say, "who've never voted a day in their life" because Dr. Paul cures apathy, we just have to let people know there's a cure.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-18-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Thanks for update and now to replicate that at Ames. TPTB must be getting pretty nervous.

Drudge bomb

Drudge linking does not require you to email. All you do is fill in his open forum on the bottom of his page.

One click to link him.

MODs: I posted a duplicate topic started by Agorism. (Ya beat me by like 8 minutes, lol) Please merge with his thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Paul-win-SLRC!!!
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Thanks! Because the write ups are sucky in media. CBS says that since 'Ron is not expected to win' this is really a win for Huntsman, and MSNBC just says Ron 'has organized to win these before', well guess what? So did the others organize, and they DIDN'T win.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

sweeeeeeeeeeeet

drudged
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Thanks! Because the write ups are sucky in media. CBS says that since 'Ron is not expected to win' this is really a win for Huntsman, and MSNBC just says Ron 'has organized to win these before', well guess what? So did the others organize, and they DIDN'T win.
    the MSNBC writeup is the best one so far, and might be as good as it's going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/i...n-instructive/

Please Drudge bomb everyone, and he might give us main headline.

Do not use this fox link. It is not that impressive...find a better story to link to

Drudge bomb

Drudge linking does not require you to email. All you do is fill in his open forum on the bottom of his page.

One click to link him.
    +1
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Huntsman 2nd?
    He was supposed to speak and I think his 'win' was going to be his debut, but when Ron's people arrived he 'got sick' and didn't attend, but his supporters were there. The media act like Ron was the only one who organized when Romney started the technique, and Huntsman who came in second in an area foreign to him, clearly organized, but lost. Cain also regularly organizes, but also lost.

However, at this point Ron needed to win because the media WOULD have considered it a big deal if he lost.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-18-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

RP didn't even seem to have organized. This seems spontaneous. Am I misinformed?

Reuters one the best? or politico?
    Last edited by Agorism; 06-18-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Uh, the first sentence in the article is about Paul busing people in, is that accurate?

Paul, who brought busloads of supporters to the conference, won with 612 votes in the nonbinding preference poll of nearly 2,000 delegates from 38 states who attended the gathering.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    RP didn't even seem to have organized. This seems spontaneous. Am I misinformed?
    It seems that way to me! Were we not nervous that there would be a low turn out for him. When I got there and saw all the RP signs EVERYWHERE I was blown away. They just came and voted and that's great because we won this one with out going all out.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Huntsman is as liberal as Romney, and most people haven't even heard of him. When I read he was #2, I was seriously confused.

Not the most stellar reaction to the announcement...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraisWisdom View Post
    Not the most stellar reaction to the announcement...
    My thoughts, when I saw the videos.

That's why I say if Ron Paul is going to win the Republican primaries, support will have to come from people who absolutely hate politics, hate voting, and hate the status quo.

So let's start talking with our neighbors.

We're going to load up a steamroller full of new voters and crash the GOP's "big tent" (AKA Old Guard holding cell).
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 06-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

It seemed spontaneous to me as well. I was ecstatic to see all of the supporters who showed up. Honestly it doesn't really matter either way, because he won!!!

Lots of boos for RP.

No Surprise There

Ron Paul always wins!

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

"Come the revolution, you'll be first against the wall bop-bop-bop!" - http://qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?start=0&t=12428

Carl Cameron
    Greta Van Susteren
    Brian Montopoli
    Chris Wallace (unless he repents some more..)

Any other names to add to the list?
    What did you learn in school today,
    Dear little boy of mine?
    What did you learn in school today,
    Dear little boy of mine?
    I learned that Washington never told a lie.
    I learned that soldiers seldom die.
    I learned that everybody's free.
    And that's what the teacher said to me.
    That's what I learned in school today.
    That's what I learned in school.

Tom Paxton

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please Drudge bomb everyone, and he might give us main headline.[/IMG]

Anyone other than Paul would be front and center on Drudge right now with a big picture and snappy Drudge headline. FU Drudge!

Yay!! I drudged it already. Stupid Perry.

Yeah, I could see maybe they don't put Ron over the headline since everyone is pretending it was expected, but Perry fires up crowd? You have to be kidding.

What a slap in the face. Drudge should be ashamed.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

i told drudge he sucked...complete media bias...not that it wasnt predictable...the media is not going to help us..even if we win IOWA straw poll...I pray that regardless what happens, Ron takes his bid all the way to the wire in July and fights whomever and takes up as many delegates as he can...time for the grassroots to get that fire in their belly... and time for Ron to come out swinging. whats the point of running a "educational campaign" if say Romney wins, he is going to sell out anyway...we will still be stuck with Obama or an empty suit for another four years...Ron Has Got to Come out Swinging NOW...for us, for the grassroots, for some self-respect!

Oh, come on. Drudge has been GREAT to us! Remember the headline the day of the first GOP debate? There have been quite a few "OMG, Drudge has RP at the top!" threads over the last few months.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast