Thread: My wife lost her doctor because of Obamacare

My wife lost her doctor because of Obamacare

Yesterday my wife received a letter from here doctor informing her that she is closing her office because of Obamacare. Anyone else received a letter like this from their doctor?

I wonder how many doctors will close their office and retire or how may will go to work for someone else? It will be interesting to see the fallout from Obamacare. Maybe once more people see their health care quality decrease even further it might get some of these useless crook politicians removed from office.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Many American doctors have been leaving their practices over the years. Replacing them is foreign doctors.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

My physician left his practice and was replaced by another. They claim it was because of Obamacare.

The surgeon my mom works with pushed up his retirement about 4 years because of his retirement, he'll be retiring in Dec 2013. They haven't been able to find a replacement for him, so they will be closing that office.

All these doctors leaving their practices, sounds like an opportunity for an underground market to form.

One of my customers is an ob/gyn and he moved here from a large metro area because he found that more and more of his patients were switching to female doctors. This area is more conservative. However, his contract with the local hospital was not renewed, so he will be out of work before long unless he lines up something else. He's about 60. He is opposed to Obamacare; not sure if/how that is playing into his employment...
    Last edited by Tod; 08-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Replacing them is foreign doctors.
    Oh no! Evil foreigners want to come to America and work! How dare they!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    All these doctors leaving their practices, sounds like an opportunity for an underground market to form.
    Cash only clinics sounds like a good business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Especially if they charge the real cost of doing business rather than what the insurance will pay. Prices should go down that way.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Especially if they charge the real cost of doing business rather than what the insurance will pay. Prices should go down that way.
    Exactly. Real prices are usually just a fraction of what hospitals charge and what insurance companies will pay.

Not much of a future in doctoring, soon robots will replace them. Once they're successful in Japan, of course.
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

The government $#@!s up the economy just bad enough, but not so bad they can't find anyone willing to work. Eventually though we'll hit the bottom and no one will want to work, be they foreign or domestic. There's a connection there but I'll give you time to figure it out.

But to the OP's point, give it time and the government will be forcing doctors and nurses to work in the same way they force fire and police to go back to work during strikes.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-21-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I have no issue with foreigners as long as they speak clear English. Most of the foreign doctors I have dealt with needed an interpreter to understand what they were talking about.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Would you be willing to post a picture of the letter, or at least the part where they blamed Obamacare? You can edit out the names and all that, I just want something to show.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

its happening in louisiana.
    one clinic gives discounts to people who work, but have no insurance.
    you can see the doctor for $40 cash.
    if i had company insurance it would be a $40 copay, and the insurance agency would be billed $80
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by 2young2vote View Post
    Would you be willing to post a picture of the letter, or at least the part where they blamed Obamacare? You can edit out the names and all that, I just want something to show.
    Here is an excert from it. I will see if my wife will let me do some redacting and post an image of the letter.

Dear Patient,

Thank you for entrusting me with your healthcare needs these past years and for allowing me the privelege of becoming part of your life and part of your family. I am deeply saddened, therefore, to inform you that due to personal health issues and the increasing demands of healthcare reform regulations, I will be closing my practice effective October 2, 2013. This has been a very difficult decision for me. I will miss each one of you.
    The rest of it is just her doctor talking about how to find another doctor and etc. I don't know how much of her doctors decision is based upon health reasons but Obamacare is to blame also.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

I have no issue with foreigners as long as they speak clear English. Most of the foreign doctors I have dealt with needed an interpreter to understand what they were talking about.
    They can't understand themselves without an interpreter?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    I'm pretty sure she means that the foreign doctors in question had such thick accents that native English speakers couldn't understand them. But there are a lot of vague antecedents and such in that sentence, so I'm not sure. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I'm pretty sure she means that the foreign doctors in question had such thick accents that native English speakers couldn't understand them. But there are a lot of vague antecedents and such in that sentence, so I'm not sure. :/
    Possibly.

Incidentally, ObamaCare cloaks itself in the guise of punishing big evil profit-hungry insurance companies, but what's actually happening is entirely different. Physicians are not the only ones closing down or having to cut back on services. On top of the ObamaCare cuts, there are the "sequestration reductions" insurance companies are passing along. The biggest companies are all but immune. The actual providers are the ones getting screwed, bigtime.

As an example, Humana Medicare Replacement policies have a reduction shown right on the remittance. It basically says that they were GOING to pay us this much, but now they have to pay us that much, because it's been reduced by an amount meant to insulate them from the sequester.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    No, what I was trying to say is that many of the foreign doctors I have dealt with can barely speak English. So when they are trying to discuss a medical issue with you, you cannot understand a word they say.

Many American doctors have been leaving their practices over the years. Replacing them is foreign doctors.
    OHHH FOREIGN DOCTORS. BAD HUH?

Well Yes, so are caribbean doctors. If they come from say Western Europe or North America yes they are good, but most foreign doctors are not that great. Just good test takers who train at $#@!ty hospitals.

LibForestPaul

HEY, just like Britain's National Health Services. Those damn English, always a progressive step ahead of us.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    My wife and I only go to cash doctors. I haven't used health insurance for a few years now.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.