Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Ron Paul Web Ad -- Newt Gingrich: Selling Access

NEW Ron Paul Web Ad -- Newt Gingrich: Selling Access

[vmnnmmn
    Last edited by jtbraine; 11-04-2014 at 02:37 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nice!

+rep for posting
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Not quite the same effect as the other one, but still nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

I'm wondering if this is in direct response to newt's "I was in the private sector" response during the debate.

I like the first one better, but this one is great too.

hehehe.. Cool

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Yeah, first one was better, but hopefully this gets Ron some more media. It's still pretty damn brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by revgen View Post
    I like the first one better, but this one is great too.
    Same

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meh, it's a decent ad, but I'd say slightly not as good as the previous serial hypocrisy ad. I think it's got a too much "mission impossible" going on.

I'm not sure what this ad does that the previous one didn't though, but if he wants just a variation of the previous ad to attack Gingrich I guess it's ok.

Ouch, they aren't letting up. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm wondering if this is in direct response to newt's "I was in the private sector" response during the debate.
    That's what they should have done, and then said no you're a lobbyist Newt!

Call the ad "word games"

Democrats call tax hikes "fees" in California. Newt calls working as a lobbyist being a historian.

Meh.

Music stinks. Ergo, commercial = not nearly as devastating as it could've been.

Also, why add the girl interacting with the computer screen? I don't get it.

The add also lacks any semblance of a narrative. In the first Newt ad, Ron used newt's own words (delivered in a speech) to create an outline/narrative for the commercial.

This ad, on the other hand has no anchor and so drifts about.

Edit: building an ad around the "I was in the private sector" clip and returning to that clip multiple times (re: repeating after each brutal example of newt being the worst kind of politician/lobbyist) set to the same kid of gritty music used in Serial Hypocrisy would've been 10x more effective.

This ad may end up hurting more than it helps bc it allows the press to play the Teflon newt card.
    Last edited by WD-NY; 12-12-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Not crazy about it tbh. A little slow and unconvincing for me.

I didn't like Big Dog either. His earlier ads were all better.

Not the best, but hey, the campaign has set the bar pretty high with the best ads of 2012.

Ron Paul has no mercy! That's what happens to someone who campaigns for a Democrat against Ron Paul!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Swing and a miss on this one for me...

They got a lot of mileage out of the last one, I'm not sure doubling down on the same theme will add to anything.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

the lady should have voted for ron paul at the end...
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

It'll take off for one reason, the clip of newt saying the speaker of the house is an insider.

Just like Paul said, if the media isn't going to talk about Newt's abhorrent record, he has to. Keep it up!

I think they should have done a video contrasting Paul's warning of the housing bubble vs Gingrich's support for Freddie Mack and the bailouts.
    Show old speeches and such. May have made for a longer video but i think it would have been a better way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    They need to work that into an ad, pronto!!
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Powerful ad.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    I think they should have done a video contrasting Paul's warning of the housing bubble vs Gingrich's support for Freddie Mack and the bailouts.
    Show old speeches and such. May have made for a longer video but i think it would have been a better way to go.
    That would be cool 60 second ad.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Overall it was good, but I could have done without the high pitched beeping noises constantly going off.

Not too bad, not as good as the first anti Newt ad, but then again that was awesome! I would really like to see more pro Paul ads though, showing he can beat Obama. That is what we need to get out.

I wonder if these two have personal beef against each other? This is getting funny.

I LOVE this... People, stop hating so much, seriously. If you are such a hard-core critiquer then go make your own video instead of hating on what the campaign comes out with.... Negative nancys! lol

i thought the ad was great! i wish that they would have shown a bit of newts record and then had the girl click Ron Pauls name and show his record...then have her vote for Dr. Paul at the end....either way pretty cool ad...young voters will like the video game style of it....stop being so critical and give credit where credit is due...the campaign has done a great job IMO keep up the good work!! i hope to see a Carol Paul ad soon
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

It's ok, but not as good as the last one.

How about one pointing out that newt voted to create the federal department of education, continually voted for gun control (earning a D rating from GOA), and cosponsored both the fairness doctrine and global warming legislation?
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 12-12-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast