Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Evan McMullin] Anti-Trump Republican Launching Independent Presidential Bid

[Evan McMullin] Anti-Trump Republican Launching Independent Presidential Bid

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppin...esidential-bid

Key players in GOP’s anti-Trump movement are preparing to launch an independent presidential campaign for Evan McMullin — a CIA veteran and the chief policy director of the House Republican conference — sources close to the effort told BuzzFeed News.

Veteran Republican strategist Rick Wilson, a Florida-based media consultant and outspoken Trump critic, is expected to be involved in McMullin’s campaign. Sources said Wilson was in Washington on Sunday meeting with members of McMullin’s prospective campaign — which includes some who were involved in a group called Better for America, which has been pushing an independent presidential bid.

Continued...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This could possibly lead to the LP taking Utah.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

"McMullin, who has never held elected office, was an operations officer for the CIA for 11 years from 1999 to 2010, according to his LinkedIn page."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...ial-run-226784
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

I won't believe it until Bill Kristol says it's happening.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

status quo is winning...

hope is on the way.

How are they going to put his guy on the ballot in all 50 states?

The one little ray of sunshine for those who can't stand GJs Libertarian run this cycle, was that it would garner credibility for the party, ballot access, and federal support $$$ at 5% nationally for the next election. I only see this hurting that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujan View Post
    Not possible (my state Texas deadline was 5/19), so my guess is they're hoping to take a state (Utah maybe?) and hope it goes to the electoral route. The way Trump is trending I'm doubting though that he can keep Hillary off 270, so this ticket + Stein + GJ would have to take electoral votes.

OR hope that wikileaks releases something that truly damages her candidacy without catapulting Trump too high.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRanger03 View Post
    Not possible (my state Texas deadline was 5/19), so my guess is they're hoping to take a state (Utah maybe?) and hope it goes to the electoral route. The way Trump is trending I'm doubting though that he can keep Hillary off 270, so this ticket + Stein + GJ would have to take electoral votes.

OR hope that wikileaks releases something that truly damages her candidacy without catapulting Trump too high.
    He'll only be on the ballot in a handful of states, if that. Some of these states where the GOP is in danger of losing Congressional races, they are looking for ways to get conservatives to the polls.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Evan McMullin is Running for POTUS

You can't make this $#@! up.

CFR Member
    Ex CIA
    EX Goldman Sachs
    Mormon with ties to McCain/Romney
    RINO/Neocon Hawk

This $#@! writes itself.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-evan-mcmullin
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Sujan View Post
    Do you doubt the puissance* of the CIA?

* "puissance" being from the French, meaning "orbital mind-control lasers"
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He'll only be on the ballot in a handful of states, if that. Some of these states where the GOP is in danger of losing Congressional races, they are looking for ways to get conservatives to the polls.
    No better way to inspire depressed working class conservatives than to trot out a Open Borders Globalist shill of the Corporate Elites, lol. Everywhere I go I hear conservatives pining for their communities to be overrun by third world migrants, their sons to be shipped off to die in wars for Israel, and tax policy structured to benefit mostly left wing billionaires. This is an absolutely full proof plan. Trump is really done for this time.

Magic Rocks, Magic Underwear, Magic Gold Plates.... I should totally be a Mormon... I love magic!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I predict Mickey Mouse gets more votes.

Lets see how deep the reach of the deep state is over the lemmings. How popular will this no name get. I'm suprised this is even in the news. Why is this newsworthy? I saw this in a belgian newspaper. Gary johnson. Nope. Rand paul last year? Nope? Ron Paul? Nope. But this guy. International ffin news.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is a neocon, Hillary is a super neocon, Johnson is neocon light, and now they're throwing in some CIA guy too? Now they want us to have more than two options.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Trump tries to appease the GOP establishment, makes Pence his VP and they still are cross with him, you think he would learn. He then goes a step further to cater to them by endorsing McCain and Ryan, and this is their response. Nothing he can do will satisfy these people and they are making a fool out of Trump in the process as he alienates those that got him to where he is now.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    Everywhere I go I hear conservatives pining for their sons to be shipped off to die in wars for Israel, and tax policy structured to benefit mostly left wing billionaires. This is an absolutely full proof plan.
    Sure, most cons are going to fall in line, but I still hear a surprising amount of anti-Trump scuttle among conservatives I know. Not all of them are pining for the orange libtard.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

The guy is a horrible, horrible neocon. These guys are absolutely insane. He really thinks more intervention in Syria is a good idea and that the problem in Iraq was pulling out....not that we're even out of Iraq now! I really can't stand these types. He might be as bad as Hillary.

Smart money is that they are going to do everything they can to help Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and this no-name hack... if they can split the vote enough... no one gets to 270 electoral votes.

The only question is.... who would Speaker Paul Ryan vote for to be POTUS? Because if no one gets to 270... House of Reps decides.

- Diogenes of Sinope

He'll qualify for ballot access in what - 5, maybe 6 states?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I predict Mickey Mouse gets more votes.
    He'd have my vote.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Smart money is that they are going to do everything they can to help Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, and this no-name hack... if they can split the vote enough... no one gets to 270 electoral votes.

The only question is.... who would Speaker Paul Ryan vote for to be POTUS? Because if no one gets to 270... House of Reps decides.
    Another wtf moment of what was Trump thinking by endorsing Ryan. Even if there was some deal made Trump would have to be a fool to trust Ryan to follow through in that future possibility.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He'll qualify for ballot access in what - 5, maybe 6 states?
    If TPTB can deny any one candidate from getting to 270... 5-6 states might be enough. They can secretly support Johnson and Stein as well as sew general discontent.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Great, just what we need, another neocon! What a joke. They pull this faceless guy out with zero name recognition and the same old destructive policies after more than half the deadlines have passed for ballot access.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Trump is a neocon, Hillary is a super neocon, Johnson is neocon light, and now they're throwing in some CIA guy too? Now they want us to have more than two options.
    He seems perfectly legit, lol. O_o

McMullin is an unlikely presidential candidate. He has never held elective office before and has spent most of his career as a CIA officer. Young and unmarried, McMullin received an MBA at Wharton in 2011, and after a stint at Goldman Sachs, went to work as a policy wonk on Capitol Hill.
    What's a "policy wonk"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

They should just vote for Clinton. Their stated goal is to stop Trump. This guy has no chance in hell of being potus, none. He isn't part of a third party looking to build for the future. So voting for Clinton accomplishes their goal.

Let's stay on topic...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He seems perfectly legit, lol. O_o

What's a "policy wonk"?

Where can I apply? Does "Wonks-R-Us" have an online application process?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast