Thread: Vic The Politics Guy on Maine State Committee Meeting:

Vic The Politics Guy on Maine State Committee Meeting:

Vic "The Politics Guy" Beradelli, co-chair of the Maine RLC and Penobscot State Committee, said this in an e-mail that went out to some:

"These are the resolution votes at today's special meeting of the Maine GOP State Committee. They were amended to past tense because they were submitted originally for special meeting prior to the Republican National Convention which Webster managed to put off until Sept. 1, after RNC ended.

Resolution to express displeasure that the duly-elected delegates to RNC were not seated and expressing displeasure that the State Chair did not intervene on their behalf passed 45-21.

Resolution calling the challenge filed by outgoing-National Committeewoman Jan Staples and Maine Romney Chair to be of a "divisive nature" to the party passed 40-22-4 abstain.

Resolution that the Maine State Republican Committee has "No Confidence" in Jan Staple's ability to represent Maine "in a fair and professional manner" passed 40-22-4 abstain.

Resolution formally requesting Chair Charlie Webster to remove Staples immediately from the Rules and Bylaws Committee passed 37-22-7 abstain.

Committee members acted in an orderly and dignified manner, although Webster had a uniformed Waterville PD officer wearing leather riot gloves stationed in the back of the meeting room and two officers on the sidewalk outside!

Several attempts by pro-Webster members to adjourn without votes were defeated by significant voice votes.

One person was outside the meeting with a sign reading, "MAINE GOP...GRASSROOTS UP NOT TOP DOWN!"

Channels 8, 13 and 23 and a print reporter were outside the meeting room and did interviews on the sidewalk.

The next regularly scheduled meeting of the State Committee is Nov. 10, the Saturday after Election Day. The only other regularly scheduled meeting in 2012 is on Dec. 1, which is election of State Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like this meeting was of a much different nature than a lot of people here were making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mz10 View Post
    Sounds like this meeting was of a much different nature than a lot of people here were making it out to be.
    Yeah, I guess the National GOP didn't kick us out, or something.

It's nice to see those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    Vic "The Politics Guy" Beradelli, co-chair of the Maine RLC and Penobscot State Committee, said this in an e-mail that went out to some:
    front page with a remember Maine 2012 pic
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Yeah, I guess the National GOP didn't kick us out, or something.

It's nice to see those numbers.
    that was the rumor the delegates thought they had confirmed and were concerned about. I am glad the rumor was false.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

bump

This is all fantastic news, right?
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

"Fantastic" news is an understatement.

You know what scares me? These forums are 'dead' when they should be on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    front page with a remember Maine 2012 pic
    Nice.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

Ya, they should be.

Committee members acted in an orderly and dignified manner, although Webster had a uniformed Waterville PD officer wearing leather riot gloves stationed in the back of the meeting room and two officers on the sidewalk outside!
    That right there should be enough to get people riled up, not even including the rest of it. These %$$%&%%ers are breaking rules left and right and bringing in LE as private goons to enforce their dictatorial behaviour.

Can anybody say Castro's Cuba, or Chavez's Venezuela? Good grief, even Mexico stands up and has massive protests over election fraud.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

People feel kicked in the face by the RNC and are licking their wounds, I think.

It's why I hope Ron goes 3rd party, even though I doubt he will -- it'll light a fire under all of us and send sparks everywhere.
    "Ron Paul, not going anywhere. Ideologically pure and tough as nails!"

ABO + NOBP = Ron Paul
    Romney - NOBP = Obama

Post Election Addendum -
    We warned you. You insulted and cheated us. You lost. Your fault.

this is a better write up than the other one, that's for sure.