Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloomberg: Romney Two-Way Race Is Now Four-Way Republican Dead Heat in Iowa Caucuses

Bloomberg: Romney Two-Way Race Is Now Four-Way Republican Dead Heat in Iowa Caucuses

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looks like Herman Cain is pulling off a dominant victory with Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich close behind.

Just messing, this is awesome. There is no doubt in my mind that the name RP will go down in the annals of history. Lets win this thing.

Wtf is this? An online poll?

Dude, seriously, wtf?
    Last edited by bluesc; 11-14-2011 at 11:27 PM.

If this is legit, my mind is blown.

The Bloomberg Iowa poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 percentage points and was taken Nov. 10-12. Selzer & Co. is the same West Des Moines-based firm that conducts the Iowa Poll for the Des Moines Register newspaper.
    please be legit.

Paul’s campaign leads for voter contact, with about two thirds of respondents saying they’ve heard from his campaign, followed by 61 percent who said they’ve been reached by Bachmann’s campaign.
    nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post

Dude, seriously, wtf?
    Doesn't say anywhere it's an online poll.

Dude, seriously, wtf?
    my eyes jumped off their sockets to look a bit closer as well! they're back now.

wait is this an online poll?
    oh god I'm scared to check

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cero View Post
    wait is this an online poll?
    no

Dude, seriously, wtf?
    Survey of 503 voters in Iowa age 18 or older who said they would definitely or probably participate in the January 2012 Republican caucuses was concluded Nov 10-12, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    no
    just jizzed my pants

ah I found the catch.

"survey of 503 voters in Iowa ages 18 or older who said they would definitely or probably participate in the January 2012 Republican Caucuses."

"the same West Des Moines-based firm that conducts the Iowa Poll for the Des Moines Register newspaper."

They released poll results 2 weeks ago on the same day as Ron Paul winning the Iowa GOP straw poll. October 29th.

Today's numbers vs 2 weeks ago:
    Cain: 20 / 23 (-3)
    Paul: 19 / 12 (+7)
    Romney: 18 / 22 (-4)
    Gingrich: 17 / 7 (+10)
    Perry: 7 / 7 (+0)
    Bachmann: 5 / 8 (-3)
    Santorum: 3 / 5 (-2)
    Huntsman: 1 / 1 (+0)

I say if we're within 5% of the frontrunner in IA we're winning the damn thing. = Turnout rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Fermli View Post
    ah I found the catch.

"survey of 503 voters in Iowa ages 18 or older who said they would definitely or probably participate in the January 2012 Republican Caucuses."
    Yes, that means this is likely closer to the actual results of the caucuses than the usual polls. Our people turn out.

Gotta be the ads if this is legit.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, that means this is likely closer to the actual results of the caucuses than the usual polls. Our people turn out.
    I thought polls took into account voter turnout in some form or fashion.

Most polls don't give equal weight to every person who is registered GOP. They correctly adjust the demographics of their poll to more accurately sample the population of voters who will vote. Sampling only those who say "definitely or probably participate" completely eliminated the casual voter population. I would guess this population does have an impact at the polls, mostly because it's a very large population.

That's how I figured these polls work. Someone correct me if I'm way off.
    Last edited by Fermli; 11-14-2011 at 11:40 PM.

This is exactly right. The midwest has our highest national averages, we are far higher than 10% in Iowa.
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBrowneLives View Post
    Gotta be the ads if this is legit.
    Or the ground game that followed the phone canvassing.

There needs to be a poll with the prompt, "if there were a blizzard with windchill 20 degrees below 0, who would you vote for on January 3rd?"

If this doesn't cause everyone to donate again, what will?

Finally seeing some results; so that means our money is well spent.
    Time for an Iowa surge money bomb!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa...

Fixed:

How have you helped spread the message of Liberty, Peace, & Prosperity today?
    "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

Pray that nobody is harmed, but a badass winter storm and we'll own this thing

Sorry for the double post, but I think this is important. This is not some shady pollster. They were accurate in 2008. And with Cain's mistake today regarding Libya...

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    Well, I looked up the Des Moines results from the 2008 caucus. This is their last result from before the election.

Huckabee: 32%
    Romney: 26
    McCain: 13
    Thompson: 9
    Paul: 9

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...d-over-Clinton

And the actual results:
    Huckabee: 34%
    Romney: 25
    Thompson: 13
    McCain:13
    Paul:9.93

So aside from Thompson, they were dead on in 2008. Let's hope history repeats itself, eh?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best news I've seen all election.

Good God why are 20 who are for Cain cant see his cluess?

Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...

Fixed:

Yep, that's how CBS and Faux reports it

Also, it's a bit funny how 10% of people who fall in the "probably or definitely will vote" group, say they are undecided.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermli View Post
    "Paul’s campaign leads for voter contact, with about two thirds of respondents saying they’ve heard from his campaign, followed by 61 percent who said they’ve been reached by Bachmann’s campaign."
    This is why Phone-From-Home is so important! It identifies the Ron Paul supporters to get them ready to vote and spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Give me liberty View Post
    Good God why are 20 who are for Cain cant see his cluess?
    Failure of PUBLIK SKEWLS!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast