Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [video] All Ron Paul South Carolina FOX Debate Highlights

[video] All Ron Paul South Carolina FOX Debate Highlights

Airing Date Jan.16, 2012

All Ron Paul South Carolina FOX Debate Highlights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That wasn't his best performance, but not the total fail that some seem to think. SC people will get railed on for booing the Golden Rule.

"Guess who's not getting raptured! NAH NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO!"

After watching that I realize I might have overreacted just a bit. That Bin Laden response was his one real mistake. And it would've been nice if he bragged about his NRA record.

It was fine. His answer on foreign policy kinda went into the 'rambling mode' and people probably starting thinking 'what the hell is he going on about'. But I think other than that it was fine.

I like what he said about the Santorum ad. He said his only regret was he couldn't say all that he wanted to say in just one minute.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

I concur with those who think he did fine. In fact I find no flaw with any of his answers.

he did awesome

search him on twitter right now. boortz and others were very kind to him for his debate performance

in retrospect, I think the booing only amplifies support for RP

the booing indicates RP is the only true incorruptible alternative

I'm so glad he pleaded to speak about NDAA. He wasn't going to let that one get by him.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    I'm so glad he pleaded to speak about NDAA. He wasn't going to let that one get by him.
    Yes, I'm glad he did. But it was unfortunate that he let Santorum try to co-opt the issue and make it look like he too opposed the NDAA, when he was only opposing the "no lawyer/trial" part!

I liked what Paul had to say. I realize he hates doing these debates, and that makes me appreciate his words even more. We've often complained about him not interjecting. Well, he certainly did so in this debate.

I'm confused by the booing. I have a feeling the boos were mostly because the audience felt he was speaking too long at that particular time, not necessarily because they disagreed with the golden rule (the boos seemed to start prior to him actually explaining the rule). I'm unsure how to explain the cheers and absence of boos at the end of that segment, where Paul argues against the coming war on Iran.

The cheers were RP supporters, and the boos were the Newt packed crowd, I think that was pretty obvious throughout the debate. Newt is so damn sly. I hope we come second

The beginning was incredibly strong. Brilliant. He rambled in the middle, and almost extracted those boos from the audience by going on for far too long about one of his more controversial and (imho) poorly communicated positions.. Then again, those boos were almost immediately followed by some of the loudest, most enthusiastic applause any candidate has received all cycle long, so I think it evened out quite nicely.

--
    Last edited by Kurt Evans; 04-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.

What's WRONG with you people? Haha. This is my favorite debate performance ever. Dude don't give a F#&k. I love it. He takes his time, he's stubborn, he gets his point across. He did ramble a bit, but you know, whatever. He was amazing. This got us votes.

This is the first debate I missed with Ron Paul in it for 5 years. I have to say it's a totally different perspective watching the highlights after. It looks like he did great to me. I'm feel so much better without the MSM mind$#@# that usually accompanies watching these debates.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Except for a little rambling and too many "you knows" He did fine.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I had to turn it off, not because President Paul did bad; I was satisfied with his performance. I was just sick of the audience and obvious bias debate that turned mostly into a two hour Romney Praisefest and the MSM trying to jump start Gingrinch again.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Did the candidates get closing statements? Also, how did Hannity spin it in his post debate show?

I know I'll get neg repped and chastised for this, but I need to vent this:

When our we going to be honest with ourselves? I have been frank when Ron has done great or when Ron has done shaky. However, I know my analysis spot on last night. Especially the commentating on the morning shows and articles. It was a tough night for Ron. We keep on only looking at the debates with our grassroots lenses. It really is ridiculous and does us no good. It borderlines on lying to ourselves.

People forget we do actually have support among other Republicans besides us, the grassroots people. People say that once we get someone to support us, we can't lose them. That's untrue. Of course the independent, youth, libertarian, and other of us Ron Paul Grassroots people will support him full on. However, we do have a lot more support than that, that is why we are doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better than 2008. A lot of these people are strong supporters, however we still have a lot of light supporters and leaners through the republican party. We are capable of gaining more of them and losing them too. Those that are tired of wars and the like will agree with RP, but when we got into the nuances of the Osama Bin Laden issue....this is where Newt hurt us, as I mention below.

Ron had a tough debate last night, particularly on foreign policy. It really doesn't have much to do with his beliefs, philosophy or even the content of the answer. However, he was off last night. There is no way to get around this. He stuttered, stammered, and was on the defensive on foreign policy. He did not get out a clear answer. His answer on Osama Bin Laden really turned people away from him, and his delivery had a lot to do with it. A lot of us were worried and concerned about the exchange with Bachmann in the last Iowa debate. However, I wasn't that worried because he was very strong and powerful in his answers. He was clear in his answers and was strong on the defensive and almost made his strong defense into an attack. Then he goes on to tell us we shouldn't be angry with the Taliban because it was the Al-Qaeda. Of course that is true, but seriously to go out of your way to make that point? What was with that. Instead he could have used that time to say these people have been killing our soldiers and they are a repressive regime.

This was hardly the case last night, he was searching and going in circles for an answer. He couldn't capture and word a straight forward answer on the question. Gingrich, Perry and Romney were strong, powerful and to the point on what to do with Osama. The analogy using the Chinese dissident make sense, and it wasn't a good analogy. Perry's gong comment was a stinger, and what really hurt was Gingrich talking about the USS Cole attack and the fact he killed 3000 citizens. There was no other way around it. There was no oomph behind it. He again gets called by Bret to being the left of Obama on foreign policy, and he doesn't challenge the premise. He could have really gotten strong there.

Couple his foreign policy part of the debate with his answer to Santorum on the 2nd Amendment. Santorum unjustly attacked him on the 2nd Amendment, but Ron didn't tout his pro-gun record. He said for about two mumbled seconds that he is against all the anti-gun laws, and then went into how tort law is a function of the state. That national laws are unconstitutional, etc. When you are attacked on the 2nd Amendment, saying that you are trying to get rid of it, you don't get into a discussion of tort law, which most people don't understand anyways. I mean what average South Carolina primary Republican voter knows what tort law is and federal versus state jurisdiction. He compares it to medical malpractice suits, yet doesn't talk about his support for the 2nd Amendment. What particular laws he opposed. Doesn't go into the right itself, he doesn't talk about it. He lets the attack pretty much stand. He didn't ward off the attack with his talk about tort law and medical malpractice being left up to the states.

Now where I thought Ron did well was his hit on Santorum (though he should have used his full time), and standing firm on it. He threw in a lot of humorous quips that got laughs from the other candidates and the audience. He did nail his second question and his first foreign policy question. It was a real gotcha question by the dude on the left, and Ron destroyed him on it. He clearly mentioned the difference between defense and militarism. He got tons of applause on calling the Bagdad embassy waste and I thought he did a great job on that. Had he sustained that throughout the foreign policy section of the debate, it would have been a great performance. We have time to recoup, but this hurt. The moderators were horrible granted, and put Ron in tougher situations than anybody else. They really asked framed, gotcha questions to him, however that is the name of the game. This debate will be seen by more republican primary voters in South Carolina than the CNN one will be on Thursday. They just watch Fox News that much greater. Ron always speaks the truth and is right all the time, however the style and framing it must change.

Though I must say the kick a$$ statement of the night was when Ron seized the opportunity to say that the income tax should be 0%. He took advantage of the situation, and went full throttle. He also explained himself on it, instead of giving a Michele Bachmanesque answer without explanation. He also talked about the inflation tax and said that should be 0% as well. It just shows how much more powerful on the economy his views are and in style and the ability to answer the questions. He is powerful and straight forward on those issues. He is also confident in his answers. He doesn't stutter, stammer or search for answers when he is talking about the financial world, taxes, spending, monetary policy and the federal reserve.
    Last edited by jersdream; 01-17-2012 at 05:44 AM.

I went looking for Ron Paul Debate highlights on youtube.
    I sorted it by upload date to find the highlights from last night...
    What do I find?
    33 videos from this guy, I went 3 pages in to find a real one, failed, and gave up and came here..
    h ttp://www.youtube.com/user/kzdnkzlszTTTTTTTTTTT/videos
    You see this guy... New account, 2 hours ago posted 33 videos flooding youtube with Ron Paul debate.
    All the videos are a still screen with an overlay saying "go to this link"...
    I find it VERY ANNOYING, and just wanted to share!

So, thank you for the link Immortal Technique.
    Last edited by LibertyRevolution; 01-17-2012 at 05:54 AM.

how can anyone not like Ron!?!? its so mind boggling... yea, I'm biased, but c'mon, this guy is gold...everything about him is gold... yea, he has things to work on, but overall, there is no one even near his ballpark... I've gotten several people to support RP just by a few videos that I send...then they ask MSM questions, I explain, then they get it... if he happens to not get the nomination, he will be a rockstar until his last day on earth... RP 2012!!!
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

I thought he did a very good job. He appeared to use notes at his podium more than he ever has, and was able to rip Santorum with them, and provide a good statistic or two. (Coaching tips?)

His drudge headline this morning is "Tax rate should be zero" WIN

And per Drudge poll, he's about tied with Gingrich on debate winner last night. Considering Gingrich is going nowhere, that's a WIN

He contrasted military spending with defense spending and argued we would be stronger as a country under President Paul (appeared to be coaching getting through to him) WIN

He also got in the fact about active military members donate 2x more than all other GOP BIG WIN - this fact continues to shock hardcore neocons for those hearing it for the first time and shakes their war mongering attitudes to the core.

support our troops donation.png

how can anyone not like Ron!?!? its so mind boggling... yea, I'm biased, but c'mon, this guy is gold...everything about him is gold... yea, he has things to work on, but overall, there is no one even near his ballpark... I've gotten several people to support RP just by a few videos that I send...then they ask MSM questions, I explain, then they get it... if he happens to not get the nomination, he will be a rockstar until his last day on earth... RP 2012!!!
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshine5757 View Post
    After watching that I realize I might have overreacted just a bit. That Bin Laden response was his one real mistake. And it would've been nice if he bragged about his NRA record.
    And the A+ rating by the GOA compared to all other candidates..

Ron Paul A+ http://gunowners.org/2012presidential.htm
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Romney would sign the NDAA? Was he trying to lose votes, or just like everything else--doesn't understand what's written in it?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I thought it was a great performance. His mic sounded weird.

Wait, there we're highlights? I must have been on the wrong channel...

Good video. Thank you Immortal Technique for posting this.

At 2:20 - Ron Paul, "And if I may I would like to go back to the international financial thing... "
    Fox (implied) ... No, No, No, Dr. Paul... No, No, No... there is no time for that nonsense... Congressman let's go back to you wanting to defund the military to 2006 levels...

[...]

@ 3:45
    Fox - "What is the highest federal income tax any American should have to pay? We are looking for a number."
    Ron Paul - "We should have the lowest tax we've ever had and up until 1913 it was zero percent ... what's so bad about that? Now I would like to follow up on that because I think that the question on taxes is generally misleading. Because anytime you spend money, it's a tax. You might tax, you might borrow, you might inflate. The vicious tax that is attacking the American people ... the retired people today... is the inflation tax. The devaluation of currency, the standard of living is going down, and you need to address that. That is why I want to make the inflation tax zero as well." - Ron Paul
    Real money is sound money. It is honest, it is earned, it has zero inflation tax. That is one of Ron Paul's primary messages of liberty. If only, Fox would give Ron Paul a national stage to explain sound money it would be all over. Seniors, and baby boomers, do not want to lose their wealth to the inflation tax, yet they are going to lose it if we don't stop the transfer of wealth dead in its tracks. So far the media will not let Ron promote his true message ... not yet anyway. Sorry Dr. Paul... that is all the time we have.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Paul of course was being honest and speaking his mind, and I agree with everything he said. BUT, unfortunately, the warmongers won't like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast