Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden Had Better Never Come Home

Edward Snowden Had Better Never Come Home

I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) This past little while we have been doing a survey about political subjects, one of which is people's opinion on Edward Snowden. We call all across the country, in every time zone, in every region. And by far Americans as a majority seem to have demonstrated two things to me and my colleagues.

1. Americans know very very very little about what Edward Snowden did, what he did and did not reveal, and what it tells us the government is doing to us. Their ignorance was astounding.

and

2. They still want him to hang for it. By far, most people wanted him tried for treason, which carries the death penalty. Some volunteered that they thought he should be executed for his crimes, even though that wasn't specifically asked for on the survey.

So, Edward Snowden, if this every reaches you-Don't come home. Not now at least. The American sheeple do not understand what you have done for them and would see you imprisoned, or worse killed, for telling the truth and revealing the government's corruption. Sadly you are safer and freer in a place like Russia than you would be here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did they give you a call list or was it random?

Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?
    this is why sometimes i say...''we're $#@!ed''....but i try and stay positive in spite of the 'low information sheep'...

Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?
    Same reason many people are okay with drone assassinations and undeclared wars. It's a symptom of the country's lack of moral fortitude.

Why am I not surprised?

Because this is human nature, this ability to be both cowardly and bloodthirtsy, stupid yet cunning.

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Jefferson understood this.

Mencken understood this.

The fatal vanity was that, as Americans, we somehow thought we were "better" than that.

History will end up proving us to be the very worst.

I agree with the OP...Ed, if you happen to read this: STAY AWAY!

Boobus will kill you for trying to set him free.

Ugh...execute him based on vague assumptions inculcated by propaganda? "Rome is the mob."
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Ugh...execute him based on vague assumptions inculcated by propaganda? "Rome is the mob."
    When in Rome.............

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And I'll just set this down right here.

Very disturbing. I thought people were slowly starting to wake up, but lately it seems to be going the other way. I hope Snowden finds his new home to be better than the one he had to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by liberty2897 View Post
    Very disturbing. I thought people were slowly starting to wake up, but lately it seems to be going the other way. I hope Snowden finds his new home to be better than the one he had to leave.
    I never thought they were waking up. They only appeared to do so because Obama continued many of W. Bush's policies....suddenly the MSM who supported those policies under Bush opposed them under Obama. The sheep followed.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) This past little while we have been doing a survey about political subjects, one of which is people's opinion on Edward Snowden. We call all across the country, in every time zone, in every region. And by far Americans as a majority seem to have demonstrated two things to me and my colleagues.

1. Americans know very very very little about what Edward Snowden did, what he did and did not reveal, and what it tells us the government is doing to us. Their ignorance was astounding.

and

2. They still want him to hang for it. By far, most people wanted him tried for treason, which carries the death penalty. Some volunteered that they thought he should be executed for his crimes, even though that wasn't specifically asked for on the survey.

So, Edward Snowden, if this every reaches you-Don't come home. Not now at least. The American sheeple do not understand what you have done for them and would see you imprisoned, or worse killed, for telling the truth and revealing the government's corruption. Sadly you are safer and freer in a place like Russia than you would be here.
    Those people still think this is the land of the free.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I never thought they were waking up. They only appeared to do so because Obama continued many of W. Bush's policies....suddenly the MSM who supported those policies under Bush opposed them under Obama. The sheep followed.
    The mob's utter depravity never ceases to shock me, but I guess it's been clear for a long time they'll never be like us. They just don't have the capacity or personality for it. There are still intelligent people out there who are waking up now when they weren't ready before, but the mob is a different story. The best we can do is make them envy us enough in some way that they'll superficially imitate our way of thinking and blindly follow us instead of the establishment. :-/
    Last edited by Mini-Me; 03-10-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Cuz, 'MuriKa damn it!

Freedom and something and stick a boot up their ass and ragheads...<belch>

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Those people still think this is the land of the free.
    Yup, no $#@!...

But I've noticed something, a subtle shift in the bull$#@! chorus.

Now it's not "defending freedom" but defending "our values".

Only a fool can truly call this the land of the free with a straight face.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-11-2014 at 11:09 AM.

The mob's utter depravity never ceases to shock me, but I guess it's been clear for a long time they'll never be like us. They just don't have the capacity or personality for it. There are still intelligent people out there who are waking up now when they weren't ready before, but the mob is a different story. The best we can do is make them envy us enough in some way that they'll superficially imitate our way of thinking and blindly follow us instead of the establishment. :-/
    Nothing was more disheartening than what occurred in Boston almost a year to the day now.

In the very city that, 238 years ago to the very day took up arms against their oppressors and literally shot them in the face, the exact same thing happened, and Boobus cheered the lockdown and abuse.

I was there and saw it with my own eyes, and I wept like that Indian brave in the litter commercial from the 70s.

We are not the same people we were then, not by a long shot and we are, as a whole, not deserving of freedom or liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All one has to do is look at the Congress, and see the likes of Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Peter King, Harry Reid, (just to name a few), that keep getting re-elected over and over again to know this country is comprised of primarily idiots ... They have always been idiots and will never awaken .. They are slaves to the masters they continue to re-elect, and slaves to the news media that continue to brainwash they and their children.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Did they give you a call list or was it random?
    Random. We have a Random Digit Dialer that randomly calls numbers in whatever regions we are focusing on for that day.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why am I not surprised?

Because this is human nature, this ability to be both cowardly and bloodthirtsy, stupid yet cunning.

Jesus understood this.

Hobbes understood this.

Jefferson understood this.

Mencken understood this.

The fatal vanity was that, as Americans, we somehow thought we were "better" than that.

History will end up proving us to be the very worst.

I agree with the OP...Ed, if you happen to read this: STAY AWAY!

Boobus will kill you for trying to set him free.
    By the very same token, if you take control of the narrative, you can control them as easily as well. That's why I'm not worried about being outnumbered. The sheep will eventually fall in line as they desperately clamor for that shepherd. We need to be the shepherd. That's the lesson here.

Do you know who your company is doing a survey like that for?

That would be a tidbit of interesting information...

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
    Do you know who your company is doing a survey like that for?

That would be a tidbit of interesting information...

Dept. Of Homeland security. LOL.

I'm sure if the Poll asked about who Miley or Beiber or a Kardashian the response would be much more informed and indepth.

A lady that I know was excited that the Pope was Time's person of the year and in the same breath expressed that she was disgusted that Snowden was a fellow nominee. When I compared Snowden to people like Patrick Henry and Thomas Paine, she didn't know who they were.

People know what they hear on TV. That is all most know.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

People don't care about what is the right thing to do. They only care that their sports team "won".

I sometimes torture myself by lurking the democratic underground and there are so many people over there that dislike Snowden. It's really $#@!ing sad. If this happened under Dubya's watch democrats would pounce all over it.

I guess one thing is for sure, Republicans are consistent with their fascist embrace. Hopefully Rand can change some minds.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TV is the biggest distractor in this country. In my opinion, it has single handily ruined people's ability to think!

More like execute him for admitting what everyone other than complete and utter morons already assumed was happening.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Baaaaaahhhhhh... Hillary, Hillary, shes our man, if she can't do it, Christie can!

Did you see the game last night...

Burp.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I work in a telephone call center doing phone surveys. (Yeah, I'm one of THOSE people.) ...
    Oh, you are one of THOSE people I hang up on in the first five seconds of the call. I wonder how many liberty lovers or supporters of Snowden would even give a telemarketer the time of day, let alone discuss politics with them. So I am sure your numbers are skewed; however, I do find it disturbing that a large number of people are so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    Oh, you are one of THOSE people I hang up on in the first five seconds of the call. I wonder how many liberty lovers or supporters of Snowden would even give a telemarketer the time of day, let alone discuss politics with them. So I am sure your numbers are skewed; however, I do find it disturbing that a large number of people are so ignorant.
    So true.

I also wonder how the questions lead the person to their answers?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Good grief, people are not only stupid but heartless. Why would someone want to hang a guy if you're not absolutely certain about what he did?[/i]
    Cocoa, your perspective is really right on.

My take is that he was used. A puppet. He did not compromise national security. He was used to distract us from more important things, but mostly to make us afraid to share information needed to unify in defense of the constitition and resist NWO, federal infiltration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast