Thread: Yahoo! News : Book tour puts Rand Paul's 'secret' weapon on national stage

Yahoo! News : Book tour puts Rand Paul's 'secret' weapon on national stage

Rand has always said, he'll have to get his wife and family on board to run for president, seems like this is it.

http://news.yahoo.com/book-tour-puts...-politics.html

Should Rand Paul join the crowded 2016 Republican field later this spring, as widely expected, Kelley Paul will join the ranks of prospective first ladies who help define their husband's political brands. It's a high-profile role that is challenging at best, yet those who know the family suggest that she would adapt well to the next step in her husband's career.

Reserved but politically savvy, Kelley Paul worked for a Republican consulting firm whose clients included another potential presidential candidate, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, before resigning more than a year ago. She is the mother of three sons, ages 15, 18 and 21, already joins team meetings and conference calls, edits speeches and helps prepare her husband for tough media interviews.

"She's a tremendous asset," said John McCarthy, a former Kentucky GOP chairman who has closely followed Rand Paul's rise. "She a very confident person, very comfortable, and she complements him well."

Having sporadically appeared publicly on her own in recent years, Kelley Paul's public profile has begun to grow.

On Tuesday she kicked off a six-stop speaking tour to Republican women's clubs in her home town of Russellville, where she fondly recalled riding in the annual tobacco festival parade and cheering at high school football games. Her 20-minute speech focusing on her Irish immigrant grandmother moved her audiences throughout Kentucky to tears.

This spring, she has media events and speeches planned for Washington, New York and Memphis, Tennessee, before publisher Hachette releases her book, "True and Constant Friends," in April.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kelley gives me the impression of someone that everyone would love. Another Barbara Bush?

She also seems like she could be one of the most memorable First Ladies too.

shes blonde, pretty and thin, of course people will love her without even knowing who she is,its not to say shes not a good person, I just know politics seem to care only about physic features of women. I dont know a thing about her yet , but thats just how politics are, image always seems to trump character and wisdom,moral courage and morality...just look at why Sarah Palin was given such accliam by gop baby boomers.

I hope Kelley is careful when speaking. The liberal media loves destroying conservative women. Presidential races are brutal, and Rand is walking a tight line.
    Last edited by William Tell; 01-09-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    I hope Kelley is careful when speaking. The liberal media loves destroying conservative women. Presidential races are brutal, and Rand is walking a tight line.
    This. This. This. This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

This article now linked at Drudge.

Read the comments at the Yahoo posting of the original AP article. They are overwhelmingly positive!

Judging by her comments cited in the article, Kelley strikes me as a smart person. My guess is that she is aware and ready!
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

LESSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!

*choo choo* Road To The White House Junior Paul Edition Boarding now.

#RANDSLIDE
    #STANDWITHRAND
    #DOYOUEVENLIBERTYBRO
    #RANDPAUL2016
    #THEREVOLUTIONCONTINUES
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    LESSS GOOOOOOO!!!!!

*choo choo* Road To The White House Junior Paul Edition Boarding now.
    I'll take one ticket, please.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Kelley gives me the impression of someone that everyone would love. Another Barbara Bush?

She also seems like she could be one of the most memorable First Ladies too.
    Progressives will hate her on principle, as will the entire Envy Class.

It's what they do.

PS: Anyone think Rand would appoint Ron to a cabinet position? If yes, which one?

Me: treasury or state.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Oh yes.

If she is smart, she will stick to the fundamental story line and not wander from it. The Constitution. Human RIGHTS - the real ones. Real equality. She needs to learn the right keywords and how to employ them in ways that comport themselves with the line. "Equality" is a great example of a potentially very dangerous keyword. It means wildly different things to different people. She and Rand need to be judicious in how they use the terms such as this, but it seems he is able. So, therefore, must she. Damn they should hire me as a speech writer...

Perhaps above all else, she needs to emphasize INCLUSIVENESS. This is a key issue with the lefties. The need is for endless emphasis on everybody's rights and that America welcomes all. Without this, those marginally on the left or on the fence are as good as lost. '16 is likely going to be a very bloody campaign season. She'd better be eating her Wheaties.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

She is a very friendly, outgoing, and genuine person.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst