Thread: Normal Life Postponed? ​Gates Says Maybe in 2022

Normal Life Postponed? ​Gates Says Maybe in 2022

December 15, 2020

Why are the American people waiting on "experts" to tell them that it's OK to live a normal life again? The "experts" seem to just keep moving the goalposts. The more time that goes by, the further out the goalposts are moved. How did 15 days turn into this?

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gates can kiss my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Gates can kiss my ass.

REPORTED
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    REPORTED
    Ki$$ my @ss

Danke doesn't like cussing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Why are the American people waiting on "experts" to tell them that it's OK to live a normal life again?
    It really comes back to trust. They trust the MSM, or gov't, or whomever, more than they trust their peers that might be sharing a different story. I did the 2-3 weeks "flatten the curve" thing in March and then promptly opened up my personal economy in April. I told my family, friends, and neighbors that I was done with all of this and I welcomed them into my 6' sphere of influence for handshakes, high fives, hugs, whatever. Very few took me up on that offer and nine months later, not many more than those original few have joined their ranks.

I have been open to discuss the facts, parameters, and variables of the so-called pandemic and some have taken me up on it. But at the end of the day, I have the same handful of family/friends that were willing to return to normal in April and no others joining us (the preceding tally is from historical relationships -- I've since met a few new folks since April who are like-minded and have joined my "open economy").

I think some people are wired for freedom and liberty, and they're always going to be ok. Some are definitely wired for slavery. Those are the ones who will always be waiting on "experts." And then there's a percentage in the middle who are keeping tabs on the prevailing winds. But by "prevailing winds," I mean optics. They need to see the liberty minded folks out there maskless, operating or enjoying local businesses, and otherwise living a normal life. If they don't see that, they join the slaves. If they see us, they join us.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Since when has Gates been seen as anything other than an object of derision, to be despised?

All of a sudden he's the global expert on... what, everything?

GTBFO

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    All of a sudden he's the global expert on... what, everything?
    Well, to be fair, he does have extensive experience with things that are highly vulnerable to viruses.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Well, to be fair, he does have extensive experience with things that are highly vulnerable to viruses.
    I honestly don't know how to respond to that. It's cute, but I despise Gates with vast bile. Oh for my quandary.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    December 15, 2020

Why are the American people waiting on "experts" to tell them that it's OK to live a normal life again?
    Is that a serious question?

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Ki$$ my @ss
    Danke? Really?

What's Mr. Animal say about this? Or is he in on it?