Thread: APS (arizona public service) trying to raise costs on solar panel users

APS (arizona public service) trying to raise costs on solar panel users

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5652703.html

I have family that have installed an entire roof top of solar panels, its beautiful and works great. Installing solar panels allows people to use their high powered utilities such as a washer, dryer and air conditioner in the daytime saving up to half the bill according to those family members. Now APS is launching a massive fight against solar panel installation and purchase by reversing charges of saving by upcharging anyone who generates power from a natural source. Koch brothers are involved with trying to manipulate the corporation commission of Arizona.

Arizona Public Service, the largest utility in the state, is facing scrutiny over whether it is secretly funding a campaign against two Republican candidates for the state's utility regulatory commission.

The primary race for the state's Corporation Commission, which oversees utility issues in the state, features four Republican candidates: Thomas Forese, Doug Little, Lucy Mason and Vernon Parker. A conservative dark money group, the Arizona Free Enterprise Club, has thrown its money behind Forese and Little, as well as behind secretary of state candidate Justin Pierce — spending a total of $1.1 million on the primaries this year, according to the state's campaign finance records.

"As the Arizona Republic reported earlier this week, that's a significant increase in electoral spending for the Arizona Free Enterprise Club, which doled out just $185,000 on 2012 races. It's a nonprofit making independent expenditures in this campaign, so it doesn't have to disclose its donors. But this secrecy has allowed allegations to fester that APS is the one funding the effort in Arizona."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Taxing the sunlight?

Only in America!

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Taxing the sunlight?

Only in America!
    Yes , and APS is attempting to control the direction of elections

LibForestPaul

Whadya bet boobus will vote em in?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I am confused. Can anyone tells me who this article is saying is supposed to be protecting APS? Who are the candidates to avoid?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    It looks like the team of Tom Forese and Doug Little are the ones to avoid, at least according to this article:
    Somebody really, really, really wants to see that Republicans Tom Forese and Doug Little are installed on the all-Republican commission -- and that Republicans Vernon Parker and Lucy Mason aren't
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/lauri...aces/12788835/
    Vernon Parker and Lucy Mason are also Republicans, but apparently not on the take for APS.

I can tell you there is a lot of establishment support for Tom Forese and Doug Little.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Interesting...

Republican Corporation Commission candidates Lucy Mason and Vernon Parker escalated their sparring with the state's largest utility company today, essentially accusing APS executives of lying about their political activity. In a letter delivered to APS president and CEO Donald Brandt, Mason and Parker accuse APS of secretly funding the campaigns of their opponents in the GOP primary, Rep. Tom Forese and businessman Doug Little.
    Read more: http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2014/...#ixzz39kws9MtZ
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.