Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check: Why all RNC delegates are 'Free Agents' and unbound

The marching orders are clear - GET EVERY DELEGATE WE CAN! Don't even give up on states where we think we have no chance - CT, NJ, NC etc..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ***huge grin****

Of course both Paul and Romney already know this. Explains Romney's panic. I had a feeling this was the case. Everytime I see someone from the campaign talk about delegates they always look like there's just something else they are not saying and they are amused by it. Like a cat playing with a mouse before going in for the kill .

We won

We WIN!. Omg with that statement about the 2008 Utah thing its over. We have that on legal files. Too excited right now lol. We might win on the first ballot if we can get every delegate to know they are unbound.

Leave it to Ben. Great find Ben.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobSzumniak View Post
    We might win on the first ballot if we can get every delegate to know they are unbound.
    I'm confident they have known this long before we did .

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    btw, are we gonna hire our own thugs to counter romney thugs who will be at tampa (black hat/white star)? we need some vets or bulky fellows to protect everyone from romney thugs.

if they cant push around ron paul people, they might push around santorum/gingrich people to vote for romney. we need santorum/gingrich delegates!
    There will hopefully be 1000+ veterans there in support of Dr. Paul. Adam Kokesh is organizing a movement to get as many there as possible.

SO all delegates are unbound?
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    The word "motion" is a noun. To say that someone "will motion" is like saying they "will highway" or "will window" or "will lizard". The correct term instead of "motion" here is "move" - "They will move".

I wish more people on this forum were more interested in the English language instead of tearing it to shreds all the time.
    you need to reality check that post bro. Motion can be used as a noun or verb.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Motion can be used as a noun or a verb. However, in parliamentary procedure, "move" is the verb usually applied. Ex: "I move to amend the rules."

Motioned is generally applied as a physical gesture. Ex: "He motioned to the crowd to stay silent by placing a finger upon his lips."
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE news! Thank you Ben for this wonderful report. I think this evidence trumps all. The RNC says all delegates are unbound, therefore they cannot cry foul when Ron Paul takes the nomination on August. So a brokered convention probably won't happen since Ron will get the nomination on the first ballot since every delegate can vote their conscience. I think the most important thing is letting delegates know they can vote for whomever on the first ballot. I remember reading that leaders in Massachusetts and Nevada saying they'll obey the bound rules. well hopefully they'll see this report.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    The word "motion" is a noun. To say that someone "will motion" is like saying they "will highway" or "will window" or "will lizard". The correct term instead of "motion" here is "move" - "They will move".

I wish more people on this forum were more interested in the English language instead of tearing it to shreds all the time.
    errr... i give you a fail

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Motion can be used as a noun or a verb. However, in parliamentary procedure, "move" is the verb usually applied. Ex: "I move to amend the rules."

Motioned is generally applied as a physical gesture. Ex: "He motioned to the crowd to stay silent by placing a finger upon his lips."
    I give you 50%. In legal proceedings a motion is an application, oral or written, made to a court for a ruling and in parliamentary procedures a motion is a formal proposal.
    Last edited by weilian; 05-11-2012 at 12:12 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by weilian View Post
    errr... i give you a fail

I give you 50%. In legal proceedings a motion is an application, oral or written, made to a court for a ruling and in parliamentary procedures a motion is a formal proposal.
    But you still don't 'motion', you 'file a motion' or you 'move a motion' or 'propose a motion'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

If this were to be true, do how good of a chance do we have at getting 50% of the delegates? Obviously in the caucus states where (to me) it seems like becoming a delegate is an easier process, we are getting the majority of them. But 3/4 of the states are primaries and I feel it would still be hard to get half of them.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

I hope this news inspires people to get on phone from home
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Last edited by Bohner; 05-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.

What about alternates? I heard that a delegate could be replaced by an alternate if they make any trouble. Is that only if they were to abstain from voting? This would be voting directly for Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    What about alternates? I heard that a delegate could be replaced by an alternate if they make any trouble. Is that only if they were to abstain from voting? This would be voting directly for Ron Paul.
    Delegates won't be making trouble. They will be following the rules and voting Ron Paul.
    For Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    But you still don't 'motion', you 'file a motion' or you 'move a motion' or 'propose a motion'.
    Its more common to say i move to blah blah but i make a motion to blah blah is also entirely correct.

Official Ben Swann YouTube:

If you are sharing to grassroots....
    Share THIS one!
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

omg, this is MAJOR !!
    if this holds, those Paul supporter delegates in say Mass. or NV, could just vote for Paul on the FIRST round itself !!!
    now it makes sense - i was wondering why bother about some Paul people getting the delegate positions in NV, since they would have to vote Romney on the first ballot.
    why did the RNC legal counsel sent a threat letter that if too many Paul supporters are in the NV delegation, it might not be seated !!
    THIS seems to be the reason, because it has happened in 2008 !!

omg, omg, i see light at the end of the tunnel !
    Its the Liberty Train.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

lol, so true !
    remember at that time McCain was the establishment GOP choice and Romney was the "protest" vote.
    this time Romney is the establishment choice and Santorum turned out to be the protest vote, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dub View Post
    What is so sweet about this is that the RNC Legal Council said this in reference to a guy that insisted on VOTING FOR MITT ROMNEY!!!!!

You might say that Romney has been hoisted with his own petard. LMAO!!!

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

thats a good point, but i think only GOP appointed thugs will be allowed there, and we know who they will protect.
    i dont think the Paul people could hire and take their own security people inside.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    btw, are we gonna hire our own thugs to counter romney thugs who will be at tampa (black hat/white star)? we need some vets or bulky fellows to protect everyone from romney thugs.

if they cant push around ron paul people, they might push around santorum/gingrich people to vote for romney. we need santorum/gingrich delegates!

But we would still have to capture a majority of delegates (regardless of who they are supposed to represent) to the RNC. Right? Is this doable?

Why can't a state mandate that their delegates be bound? Even if the RNC technically hasn't?

The question is ok. But I wanna make one point clear: Its perfect now to follow the RULES, but in the END, no revolution ever asked for PERMISSION.

Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    There will hopefully be 1000+ veterans there in support of Dr. Paul. Adam Kokesh is organizing a movement to get as many there as possible.
    That might get cancelled after his Romney assassination threat

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    This is good news, but it doesn't mean that Romney won't win on the first ballot. Santorum's and Gingrich's delegates could vote for Romney on the first ballot and Romney would have it. This gives us a fighting chance IF we can convince enough Santorum and Gingrich delegates to vote for Paul.
    yea indeed. Some people have their hopes so high. It is not going to be easy. Romney and the RNC will probably pull dirty tricks. I'm 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    yea indeed. Some people have their hopes so high. It is not going to be easy. Romney and the RNC will probably pull dirty tricks. I'm 100% sure.
    This.

Can't wait to see what kind of legal backflips they're going to pull next... T_T

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast