Thread: Who Pays For All The Government 'Free' Stuff?

Who Pays For All The Government 'Free' Stuff?

Who Pays For All The Government 'Free' Stuff?

Benjamin Franklin said that: “When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.” How prescient and true. Once theft and redistribution by government is considered acceptable, the downward spiral of civilization begins. It can last for decades, or even centuries. But the end result is always bankruptcy as countless factions ruthlessly fight with one another to be on the receiving end of the heist. When theft by government is no longer considered acceptable, the upward march of civilization resumes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i just payed, what i am told is, my "fair share"

...of whut? the mi$ery?
    muhroAds?

whut if i dont wanna be BOUGHT OFF at all?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Is this a trick question?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wait! We haven't got that far yet but we just know it will work!

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post
    Wait! We haven't got that far yet but we just know it will work!

"You have to pass the bill to find out whats in it." - Nancy Pelosi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I do.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I do not. Income over 80k. besides payroll tax for Medicare and SS, we paid little or no tax last year.

And that’s exactly how the system is supposed to work. People who make more money create a system where they pay little or no tax. The people who don’t make as much don’t have access to those tax breaks and end up paying more.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    And that’s exactly how the system is supposed to work. People who make more money create a system where they pay little or no tax. The people who don’t make as much don’t have access to those tax breaks and end up paying more.
    I do not have any tax breaks. Just 2 kids in college.

I think the new taxes are so simple there are few or no deductions besides you, your dependents, and your retirement.

That’s not how it’s working for us.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    i just payed, what i am told is, my "fair share"

...of whut? the mi$ery?
    muhroAds?

whut if i dont wanna be BOUGHT OFF at all?
    Nah , Yuh Roads are already pd for with state gas tax , federal gas tax and state sales tax on those two taxes , so just the misery is the only product you are getting .
    Do something Danke

I can tell you who is no longer paying and that would be me I will be a zero dollar federal tax payer from here on out . I worked hard to get here . It is not easy navigating tax code but this is my third or fourth consecutive year I think . Danke is covering my fair share .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That’s not how it’s working for us.
    Then you must make a lot of money or are not filling out the forms correctly. Maybe you have no children to deduct. I would not be able to tell by your comment. I am sure that when my last two kids leave the nest there will be more tax to pay but that can be mitigated by maximizing profit sharing, 401k, IRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Then you must make a lot of money or are not filling out the forms correctly. Maybe you have no children to deduct. I would not be able to tell by your comment. I am sure that when my last two kids leave the nest there will be more tax to pay but that can be mitigated by maximizing profit sharing, 401k, IRA.
    Most people eventually end up to where the only deductions they have are mortgage interest , property tax and ins or rent .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Most people eventually end up to where the only deductions they have are mortgage interest , property tax and ins or rent .
    Yes but families making a living wage pay little or no tax. I stopped working because more than half of my earnings were going to tax. The kids tuition was expensive and family portion of tuition was ridiculous. I stop working and tuition drops to near zero, Pell grant available, and we have more net income than we would have if I worked as a nurse making 60k.

Son graduating next month with Electrical Engineering Degree from RPI. He will continue to go there. Next year he graduates with a masters in business analytics. All said and done, 5 years at great engineering school and he will owe total $35,000.
    Last edited by Schifference; 04-22-2019 at 01:53 PM.

I have spent last couple months doing major remodel on one of our homes. Walkout basement all new floors, paint, took out all the ceiling tiles and cleaned them. Refinished a couple of bedrooms on second floor with new floors and beautiful professional quality painting. Also did a bathroom over. Fixed an engine on a GMC Yukon. Not paying someone to do all that work is huge savings. Guess what no tax. I didn't have to make money so that I could pay tax and pay someone else to do it.

After end of May I go back down south and continue working on the retirement home. No tax on all that labor.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have spent last couple months doing major remodel on one of our homes. Walkout basement all new floors, paint, took out all the ceiling tiles and cleaned them. Refinished a couple of bedrooms on second floor with new floors and beautiful professional quality painting. Also did a bathroom over. Fixed an engine on a GMC Yukon. Not paying someone to do all that work is huge savings. Guess what no tax. I didn't have to make money so that I could pay tax and pay someone else to do it.

After end of May I go back down south and continue working on the retirement home. No tax on all that labor.
    Good for you... This is always an option we can exercise. The premise that you HAVE TO hire someone with paper absolutely DOES NOT APPLY. It is brainwashing. Anyone can do anything they want to if they put their mind and effort to it. All my life I have done this same thing and learned more than most through practice. My motto is now that I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. But I am getting pretty good at all of them...

It could be argued that I pay for the free stuff thru the devalue of the dollar. However the more sustainable a family is and the less reliant they are on having to buy or pay for things the less inflations effect has on them.

It could be argued that I pay for the free stuff thru the devalue of the dollar. However the more sustainable a family is and the less reliant they are on having to buy or pay for things the less inflations effect has on them.
    Doesn't help that the new #pound is only 12 ounces, a 3# can is only a pound and a half, And 2 liters is the new gallon.