Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Snowden's Dad rips into congress and defends his son on Today Show

[Video] Snowden's Dad rips into congress and defends his son on Today Show

Didn't have time to watch, just overheard a little bit. Says he strongly shares many of his son's views, then called out the Senate Intelligence Committee and their ties to private intelligence contractors. Bruce Fein is his lawyer and was seated next to him... hell yeah.

Will try to remember to edit with video when NBC posts it.

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9FWcSu4E0
    Last edited by jct74; 07-26-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump...and awaiting video
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Bump...and awaiting video
    VIDEO

Last edited by Contumacious; 07-26-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Thanks for the video

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    BUMP!

Edward Snowden's dad and his dad's lawyer did an excellent job. Great interview! Mods, can we put it on the front page or does it need to be youtubed first?

That Fein guy was awesome, especially towards the end of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    BUMP!

Edward Snowden's dad and his dad's lawyer did an excellent job. Great interview! Mods, can we put it on the front page or does it need to be youtubed first?
    here's a tube, I'll put it up on the front page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np9FWcSu4E0

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The father Lon and his lawyer both kicked ass! Lon mentioned Ron Wyden who I am not familiar with, is he someone that deserves more of our attention?

This whole issue really separates the statists and those that support the Constitution. These are the times where the traitors to the Constitution expose themselves badly.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

"I'm an angry American citizen...The American people at this point don't know the full truth, but the truth is coming."

Re protecting the nation: "It's all about the money."
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Waldo Emerson
    Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind
    Let those of us that value integrity support the Snowdens of the world with everything that we can.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

That was a fabulous interview! The American people are told what to think by the narrative of MSM, the Administration and politicians.

Bruce Fein is an excellent choice of lawyers--after all he is a close friend of Dr. Paul.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

LOL he named names.... good on his dad... the Peter King's of this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The father Lon and his lawyer both kicked ass! Lon mentioned Ron Wyden who I am not familiar with, is he someone that deserves more of our attention?
    Absolutely!

Wyden is on the intelligence committee. He knew about Prism a long time ago but was not allowed to talk about it. It was Wyden that caused Clapper to perjur himself by asking if the NSA collects data on americans.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Absolutely!

Wyden is on the intelligence committee. He knew about Prism a long time ago but was not allowed to talk about it. It was Wyden that caused Clapper to perjur himself by asking if the NSA collects data on americans.
    Yup. Ron Wyden was also the only Democrat to join in Rand Paul's filibuster. In fact Wyden's involvement in the filibuster, I would argue, was instrumental, as he single-handedly prevented the media (and the partisan left-leaning blogs) from being able to spin the affair as a partisan Republican effort. He gave Rand's filibuster the bipartisan credibility it needed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yes! Ron Paul R3volution baby!

Concerned Americans Unite!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

+1
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post

Unlocking the latest Wyden code: Does NSA operate a bulk domestic location tracking program?
    Submitted by sosadmin on Thu, 07/25/2013 - 18:08
    http://www.privacysos.org/node/1130
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...acking-program

Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) has a habit of dropping hints to the public about classified information related to the surveillance state. In remarks to the Center for American Progress earlier this week, he hinted that the bombshell revelations about NSA spying -- ranging from mass metadata collection to invasive PRISM snooping -- are really just the tip of the iceberg.

Of particular interest were comments that could be read as implying that the government operates bulk, domestic location tracking programs, and also uses malware to turn our cell phones into bugs and spy cameras.

The Senator did not explicitly disclose any such programs, but there is ample reason to believe this speech was meant to sound warning bells about precisely those issues. That's because Ron Wyden has a habit of finding clever ways to inform the public about secret surveillance programs, without running afoul of the secrecy rules that prevent him from explicitly disclosing classified information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZNDY0gMmn8\

Wyden's strategic interrogations and public warnings

An outspoken privacy defender, Wyden sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, where he has repeatedly pushed intelligence officials to answer what we now know are strategic, leading questions. The following exchange between Wyden and Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) head James Clapper is probably the most famous example of Wyden’s wily ways...snip more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUVUJmGjs

...Why was Senator Wyden pressing so hard to get the director of national intelligence to tell him whether the government thinks it needs a warrant to track our physical locations? Could that be because he knows the answer, and it isn't a good one?

He gives us a hint in his Center for American Progress speech, video of which is embedded at the top of this page.

Despite the efforts of the intelligence community leadership to downplay the privacy impact of the Patriot Act collection, the bulk collection of phone records significantly impacts the privacy of million of lawabiding Americans. If you know who someone called, when they called, where they called from, and how long they talked, you lay bare the personal lives of lawabiding Americans to the scrutiny of government bureaucrats and outside contractors.

This is particularly true if you’re vacuuming up cell phone location data, essentially turning every American’s cell phone into a tracking device. We are told this is not happening today, but intelligence officials have told the press that they currently have the legal authority to collect Americans’ location information in bulk.

Especially troubling is the fact that there is nothing in the Patriot Act that limits this sweeping bulk collection to phone records. The government can use the Patriot Act’s business records authority to collect, collate and retain all sorts of sensitive information, including medical records, financial records, or credit card purchases. They could use this authority to develop a database of gun owners or readers of books and magazines deemed subversive. This means that the government’s authority to collect information on lawabiding American citizens is essentially limitless. If it is a record held by a business, membership organization, doctor, or school, or any other third party, it could be subject to bulk collection under the Patriot Act...snip more
    http://www.privacysos.org/node/1130
    Last edited by Peace Piper; 07-26-2013 at 09:00 PM.

The NSA has a file/dossier on every single person...

EVerything, all electronic communications, GPS tracking/locations, financial records/purchasing, prediction analysis of all habits, at least 3 degrees of separation, family tree, expertise/skills/education levels-records.

If you spend the time analyzing each intel defense/security contractor, resumes of security/defense contractors(BAH, SAIC, etc), etc you can easily put together the pieces of the puzzle. It's one way to get around the compartmentalization by government. There are 10,000s of data gatherers and analysts that use a slew of software programs to type each and every individual American/human on planet earth. Go ahead, look at available job positions, then search through resumes, LinkedIn, etc... you will see exactly whats going on. Turn-Key Tyranny 1984 spying, power, and control over the people.

The NSA is the largest user of data storage.

The most despicable hypocrite in Washington DC is Nancy Pelosi... always using the spending or cuts by Republicans as taking "Food Out Of Babies Mouths" yet she lobbied Congress to continue to spend $100s of Billions on the UNCONSTITUTIONAL spying on Americans/World.

If anyone is persistent enough on the internet, you should be able to find how Bill Clinton used the NSA Echelon network for industrial espionage around the world and use it in the Fascist America game. If you haven't noticed, all these Washington DC clowns pushing CISPA, TPP, NDAA because of spying/hacking/sabotaging... is exactly what the US government has been doing year after year, around the world. Liars & Hypocrites control the country.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

WHY DO THE MEDIA KEEP SAYING 90% THINK SNOWDEN IS A TRAITOR?

THIS IS AN STRAIGHT UP LIE!!!!ITS ACTUALLY THE OPPOSITE!!!

YES I KNOW I USED CAPS CAUSE I WANTED THIS TO BE READ!!!

"nothing is sacred, but the integrity of our own minds"
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post

I thought you used caps because that is what us crazy Ron Paulbots do all the time....
    "Perfect safety is not the purpose of government." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    "I was in the rain forest once, and it rained on me..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Ron Paul suggested a very good first step to the process of restoring sound money... It was beautiful. It left them all standing with their fiats out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'Excuse us, we'll be leaving now. Oh, and you don't mind if we just steal this Constitution before we go? You @#$%s aren't using it anyway...'

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    The NSA has a file/dossier on every single person...

EVerything, all electronic communications, GPS tracking/locations, financial records/purchasing, prediction analysis of all habits, at least 3 degrees of separation, family tree, expertise/skills/education levels-records.
    What is the average filesize for 1 person? What is the maximum filesize allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What is the average filesize for 1 person? What is the maximum filesize allowed?
    since you are paying for the NAS devices- the file size is limited by the amount of money they can steal.

If that were my son, I'd be just as proud, and would do the same thing.

That second poll was utter horse$#@!. Other polls show most people supporting Snowden. Polls can EASILY be manipulated, this is typical MSM propaganda. Anyway, Lon was solid and so was his lawyer.

"Fair trial" my ass! Come on Matt, get real.
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post

EXACTLY!
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

A guy at work was unsure how to feel about Snowden-
    I asked him, "what would you do if you had information that the government was violating the constitution?"
    all of sudden his thoughts were clear.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 07-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast