Thread: Rand Paul Blocks Pro-Whistleblower Resolution Pushed by Democrats

Rand Paul Blocks Pro-Whistleblower Resolution Pushed by Democrats

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has emerged as President Donald Trump’s most outspoken advocate against the newest phase of the Democrats’ witch hunt to remove him from office.

The Democrats are relying on the second-hand complaint of a “whistleblower” who hides behind anonymity to attack the President over his correspondence with the Ukraine. Democrats attempted to pass a pro-whistleblower resolution unanimously in the Senate today in order to build the case for this deep state operative.
    “The threats we have seen over the last few days are so egregious they demand bipartisan outrage from one end of this chamber to the other, whether you’re a Democrat, Republican, independent, liberal, moderate or conservative,” Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said while speaking on the Senate floor on Wednesday. “What’s happening here is another erosion of the values of this republic for political expediency.”

Schumer, who has supported the persecution of real whistleblowers like WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and NSA leaker Edward Snowden, had the audacity to claim that he wanted to “send a message today that the Senate reaffirms our long standing tradition about defending whistleblowers.”

Paul was not having any of Schumer’s nauseating hypocrisy. He objected to passing the resolution unanimously, and instead proposed the passage of his legitimate bill that would protect authentic whistleblowers.
    “I support whistleblowers and I do think they have a role to play in keeping government accountable … but what we have seen over the last few years is that we have a system that we should continue to refine,” Paul said.

Paul made note that his legislation would give the President the right to face his accuser. It would also apply to contractors and be retroactive, so that Snowden would be protected as well for exposing the NSA’s unconstitutional spying program in 2013.

“The bill I will introduce today will expand the whistleblower act [and] would be made retroactive so Edward Snowden can come home to live in his own country. All he did was expose that his government was not obeying the Constitution,” Paul said.
    Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who co-sponsored the pro-whistleblower resolution with Schumer, was “flabbergasted” by Paul’s request.
    “My colleague’s bill was just dropped on my lap literally just now. I certainly haven’t had a chance to read through the bill,” Hirono said.
    Even though Hirono admitted that she has never read the bill, she claimed without knowledge of the legislation’s contents that it would subject potential whistleblowers to “threats, intimidation, [and] retaliation.”
    Paul snapped back at Hirono with an objection to what he believes is her shameful opposition to the Bill of Rights.

“The Sixth Amendment is an important part of our Constitution, and the right to face your accusers is incredibly important. It’s disappointing that in these highly partisan times that an actual U.S. Senator would come to the floor and say that it is laughable that we would apply the Bill of Rights to the President. I’m very disappointed it’s come to this,” Paul said.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/denied...-fake-outrage/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Rips the Hypocrites over their attitudes towards Ed Snowden!

This $#@! is going to end in bloodshed, all it needs at this point is a spark. The lunatic left is going to keep pushing until they get one.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Rand calling out left and right on the Snowden point. Everybody present during Rand's speech who is guilty knows what they are guilty of.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

That was brilliant. Well done Rand.

Wow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-HI), who co-sponsored the pro-whistleblower resolution with Schumer, was “flabbergasted” by Paul’s request.
    Crazy Mazie is perpetually flabbergasted and gobsmacked.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump/Paul 2020
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Trump/Paul 2020
    +rep
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    On a related note, anyone knows what is Rand's stance on other so called 'whistleblowers' like Snowden, Assange?

Trump's suggestion on what to do with Snowden: kill him.

Trump admin prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange

Funded by globalist neoconservtive Israeli-American Adelsons couple still... or new pro-liberty top donors not pushing for US funded Syria/Iran/Iraq interventions will be pursued?
    On a related note, you will attack Rand Paul when your handlers tell you to because you could care less about this nation or it’s citizens because you are a paid troll. Amirite??
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    On a related note, you will attack Rand Paul when your handlers tell you to because you could care less about this nation or it’s citizens because you are a paid troll. Amirite??
    It's amazing that he is tolerated here.

The answer to his supposed questions is in this thread but he dares to come in and insinuate against Rand anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment