Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WW2 Hero Refuses Medical Care, So Police Kill Him in His Nursing Home

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

WW2 Hero Refuses Medical Care, So Police Kill Him in His Nursing Home

Those that have been hired to serve and protect... apparently need better training.

WW2 Hero Refuses Medical Care, So Police Kill Him in His Nursing Home

When John Wrana was a young man, fit and strong and fighting in World War II with the U.S. Army Air Corps, did he ever think he'd end this way?

Just a few weeks shy of his 96th birthday, in need of a walker to move about, cops coming through the door of his retirement home with a Taser and a shotgun.

The old man, described by a family member as "wobbly" on his feet, had refused medical attention. The paramedics were called. They brought in the Park Forest police.

First they tased him, but that didn't work. So they fired a shotgun, hitting him in the stomach with a bean-bag round. Wrana was struck with such force that he bled to death internally, according to the Cook County medical examiner.

"The Japanese military couldn't get him at the age he was touchable, in a uniform in the war. It took 70 years later for the Park Forest police to do the job," Wrana's family attorney, Nicholas Grapsas, a former prosecutor, said in an interview with me Thursday...
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...t-police-taser
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will the family ever get an explanation?
    "I want answers," she said. "I want someone held accountable."
    Answers: Circular force continuum. Policy was followed. Now shut up and move along, mundane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

So they can call the cops on you just for refusing medical treatment now? I thought that was every patient's right.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Well, for 2012, the odds increased from 8 - 1... to 10 - 1... that you are more likely to be killed by US police than a terrorist. It appears 2013 will be another record breaker.

I see the 4th branch of the government, corporate media, is all over this murder of a veteran by police.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    So they can call the cops on you just for refusing medical treatment now? I thought that was every patient's right.
    There you go again,,, thinking you have rights.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    No, you live and you die when the state is damn well ready for it.

Now MOVE ALONG.

this keeps up i'm going to have to write-in Adam Kokesh.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    There you go again,,, thinking you have rights.
    This^^ That ship has indeed sailed from Amerika.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What gives with goons shooting beanbags at nursing home residents?

How can anyone look in the mirror after such behavior?

$#@!ing sociopaths!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What gives with goons shooting beanbags at nursing home residents?

How can anyone look in the mirror after such behavior?

$#@!ing sociopaths!
    Policy was followed. Don't like it? Well, $#@! you. -Officer Friendly

Tick tock, squeelers, tick $#@!ing tock. Keep in mind there are more of us than there are of you and it is our people who comprise the USMC.

$#@!ing PIGS. Any pigs still here? Well, cmon with the apologies for your scum bag brothers.
    Best of luck in life.

I object to the OP title, but I completely agree that this was awful.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Bonus march ad naseum.
    Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Tick tock, squeelers, tick $#@!ing tock. Keep in mind there are more of us than there are of you and it is our people who comprise the USMC.

$#@!ing PIGS. Any pigs still here? Well, cmon with the apologies for your scum bag brothers.
    Yes, we do have some police and military and ex-police and ex-military on the forums.

There have been forumgoers who weren't police or military that have done some really godawful things. I would hope that they'd be seen as individuals, and that I wouldn't be judged for being on the forums with spousal abusers, child molesters, incestuous monsters, killers, etc..
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Unaccountable Authority respects NO Rights.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

and my same answer as to most cop related threads......PUSSY COPS!!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More to the story...

Questions in police killing of 95-year-old vet

Chicago Tribune
    August 02, 2013

Police say they tased John Wrana and fired beanbag rounds at him at a retirement home last Friday after he threatened staff and officers with a metal cane and 2-foot metal shoehorn, then grabbed a 12-inch knife. Wrana died hours later of internal bleeding caused by the shots.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Take our help or Die!
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    More to the story...

Chicago Tribune
    August 02, 2013

Police say they tased John Wrana and fired beanbag rounds at him at a retirement home last Friday after he threatened staff and officers with a metal cane and 2-foot metal shoehorn, then grabbed a 12-inch knife. Wrana died hours later of internal bleeding caused by the shots.
    From your link:

But a family attorney said relatives never saw a knife in his room and that staff told them Wrana didn't have such a knife. Nicholas Grapsas also said he was told police used a riot shield to come through the door before shooting the beanbag rounds as Wrana sat in a chair.
    "I want answers," said Sharon Mangerson, 74, Wrana's stepdaughter. "I want someone held accountable."
    Read more in John Kass' column.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    More to the story...

Chicago Tribune
    August 02, 2013

Will the officers get counseling for thier trauma and mental anguish over this ordeal? They should charge the family for those services.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapmo View Post
    Will the officers get counseling for thier trauma and mental anguish over this ordeal? They should charge the family for those services.
    Well, I would hope not because eye-witness testimony tells us the cops lied. (see post 19 above)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapmo View Post
    I think ordinary people would need lots of it after shooting a 96 year old. I'm not sure about these guys.

Threat neutralized, order restored, peace increased, officer safety ensured...

Guys, I'm sure everyone is really sad about this situation and that it had to come to this. Let's leave this to the professionals.

It counts if they're really sad about it, right?

Has anybody ever seen a two foot metal shoehorn?
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Has anybody ever seen a two foot metal shoehorn?
    Or come up with an explanation as to how a man who normally uses a walker is threatening employees with a huge cooking knife and a shoehorn in anything approaching an effective manner? Seriously, where would they think he got the knife at all? Most "homes" do not have huge cooking knives. The food arrives largely in canned or frozen form.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Or come up with an explanation as to how a man who normally uses a walker is threatening employees with a huge cooking knife and a shoehorn in anything approaching an effective manner? Seriously, where would they think he got the knife at all? Most "homes" do not have huge cooking knives. The food arrives largely in canned or frozen form.
    No kidding, since when are 12 inch knives available to the "guests"?. Not that I would ever doubt anything said by law enforcement. Ever.
    "The Patriarch"

If they were the old guard peace officers, they would've thanked the vet for his service, told him that it's his right to refuse medical, and called it out 65—done with service call.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

During times when they shoot people in wheelchairs, having a walking stick becomes a revolutionary act.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Why is this man being called a hero just because he fought in WW2?

and yes, justice needs to be served for his death.

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Why is this man being called a hero just because he fought in WW2?

and yes, justice needs to be served for his death.
    Because he stopped Hitler from taking over America...obviously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast