Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose, Reggie Bush, Other Athletes Wear "I can't breathe" Eric Garner Clothing

Derrick Rose, Reggie Bush, Other Athletes Wear "I can't breathe" Eric Garner Clothing

Didn't really see this posted in any other threads, and thought it worthwhile to have it's own thread.

In warmups before the game, Bush wore a shirt with "I Can't Breathe" written in black marker against a blue background signifying the last words of Eric Garner...
    Bush wore the shirt a day after Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose wore an "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt in pregame warm-ups prior to his team's game Saturday night against the Golden State Warriors.
    Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he supports Bush using his voice to speak up.
    He wasn't the only NFL player to display the message Sunday. Cleveland Browns cornerback Johnson Bademosi warmed up in a shirt with the message and St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Davin Joseph wore the message on his cleats.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...the-shirt-game

Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 12-08-2014 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Talking to some American Expats over drinks last night. We were talking about what are the top Species that kill humans. One of those goofy beer drinking topics that come up.

While joking around, somehow I brought up the zinger, "I think you're more likely to be killed by the police than one of those..."

A couple people went, "Ouch" or "controversial topic" But it got them to talking about it. The Michael Brown no one really wanted to touch, there's no video, so it was difficult to share on opinion, but EVERYONE agreed the Eric Garner one was ridiculous. That was flat out murder. I was happy to see that they had no bias but just said what they saw. I sometimes worry I'm biased based on seeing 5 new police brutality cases EVERY DAY. But they all mentioned Eric Garner (they didn't know his name) case was just wrong. It is good to see the everyday person is seeing some of this crap come to light. (I'm also glad to know my drinking buddies aren't bootlickers. LOL.)

Mani, I was thinking that too. I like watching the ballgames, but the audiences are often indifferent, copsuckers, bootlickers, etc. Something like clothing at least starts a conversation where none existed.

Anti-Federalist was talking about material with names of some of the lesser known people. Be nice if someone took those crude shirts worn by Bush, Rose, etc. and made them more polished. "I can't breathe" is short enough to catch attention and print on a shirt. Maybe it could read:

"I can't breathe"
    Eric Garner
    July 17, 2014

That dual picture of the baby that got his face disfigured would draw plenty of emotion, too.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Anybody remember Lee Atwater from the 1988 presidential campaign? He was the Bush strategist who used the image of Willie Horton into scaring people into voting for Bush. The guy was a master at pushing the right buttons. He understood that emotion is what sells.

Anyway, does anybody here make t-shirts? I don't really think it would be that hard. Just putting an image on a shirt. Anybody game to try? I'm in for two shirts as long as they're 100% cotton. Heh.

Could even be done as a fund raiser of sorts.

How about this picture on a t-shirt?

Shirt might read:

Baby Bou Bou
    Disfigured by Habersham Co. Georgia Sheriff
    May 28, 2014

Looks like they have a website and had a fundraiser all the way up in Janesville, Wisconsin.

http://justiceforbabyboubou.com/
    justiceforboubou@gmail.com

Is anybody here very familiar with the effort? Maybe someone here is already working with the family or knows them.

I don't know; just brainstorming.

How about a person who was murdered by SWAT because they went to the wrong house?

I would assume that many of those families agree to settlements, but maybe not all of them.

How about a person who was murdered by SWAT because they went to the wrong house?

I would assume that many of those families agree to settlements, but maybe not all of them.

Rose wearing this t-shirt just goes to show how gullible some people are.

The fact is, if Garner hadn't resisted arrest, he would still be alive today...but no athletes are blaming him.

No, it's the white cops fault as usual...it's his fault this guy woofed down +10,000 calories a day for the past 40 years.

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off and got lodged in his aorta he then keeled from cardiac arrest.

All NYPD's fault, naturally.
    Last edited by DFF; 12-08-2014 at 04:03 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFF View Post

The fact is, if Garner hadn't resisted arrest, he would still be alive today...but no athletes are blaming him.

No, it's the white cops fault as usual...it's his fault this guy woofed down +10,000 calories a day for the past 40 years.

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off, got lodged in his aorta and he keeled from cardiac arrest.

What the hell?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Anybody remember Lee Atwater from the 1988 presidential campaign? He was the Bush strategist who used the image of Willie Horton into scaring people into voting for Bush. The guy was a master at pushing the right buttons. He understood that emotion is what sells.

Anyway, does anybody here make t-shirts? I don't really think it would be that hard. Just putting an image on a shirt. Anybody game to try? I'm in for two shirts as long as they're 100% cotton. Heh.

Could even be done as a fund raiser of sorts.
    I think that's a pretty good idea, and incorporate police militarization into them somehow also.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What the hell?
    That dude was like 400+ lbs. He was morbidly obese. This is what ultimately killed him.

The encounter with NYPD just happened to accelerate his passing.

Then when his bloodpressure elevated a little bit, and a chunk of sausage broke off and got lodged in his aorta he then keeled from cardiac arrest.

If the cops hadn't been trying to falsely arrest him on a trumped-up charge, then he wouldn't have resisted it. The courts have confirmed the right to resist an unlawful arrest, if you are gullible enough to believe that verbally protesting a false arrest constitutes "resisting".
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    If the cops hadn't been trying to falsely arrest him on a trumped-up charge, then he wouldn't have resisted it. The courts have confirmed the right to resist an unlawful arrest, if you are gullible enough to believe that verbally protesting a false arrest constitutes "resisting".
    At least you admit he resisted.

That dude was like 400+ lbs. He was morbidly obese. This is what ultimately killed him.

The encounter with NYPD just happened to accelerate his passing.
    Encounters with police are "accelerating" the passing of quit a few people, or haven't you noticed. You are a member here, I assume you can read, why the blinders?
    "The Patriarch"

Maybe something like this as a start;

Then get a little more graphic after that.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least you admit he resisted.
    If you count a verbal protest against being falsely arrested as "resisting", then yes, he "resisted". And was murdered for it. Again, the courts have confirmed the right to physically defend yourself against false arrest, to the point of even killing the cop if necessary. All this guy did was to say "no, it stops here", or something to that effect.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Encounters with police are "accelerating" the passing of quit a few people, or haven't you noticed. You are a member here, I assume you can read, why the blinders?
    I'm all for cops cleaning up the streets from the more dangerous elements of society....but in other ways though, I'm not down with them at all.

My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good. But cops arresting and imprisoning people for drug possession and other minor crimes though that's bad.

The only thing this guy notices is if the victim is black, and if so, then proceeds to argue at length that they somehow deserve to be killed on the spot rather than face a fair trial in a court of law.

I'm all for cops cleaning up the streets from the more dangerous elements of society....but in other ways though, I'm not down with them at all.

My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good. But cops arresting and imprisoning people for drug possession and other minor crimes though that's bad.
    And what happens when the cops ARE the thugs?

At least we know the choke-hold cop has a clean record.

Minus the 4 lawsuits prior to the choking incident... He will probably get cop of the year for 2014, except he should have written a citation for the untaxed cigarettes prior to choking garner. The cop should have dropped the citation on Garner's corpse afterwards so the state wouldn't have lost out on that money, the state could have gone after the family to recover the lost revenue. Or maybe there were no cigarettes found so that's why chokehold couldn't issue the citation and it was just harassment on the part of the cops.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2035138
    Last edited by Mani; 12-08-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    The only thing this guy notices is if the victim is black, and if so, then proceeds to argue at length that they somehow deserve to be killed on the spot rather than face a fair trial in a court of law.

And since when is someone a "victim" who's attacking a police officer?

I hate to state the obvious, but, what do you think they were arresting Eric Garner for?
    "The Patriarch"

And since when is someone a "victim" who's attacking a police officer?
    Attacking? You're a pretty crappy troll, maybe you should take up a new hobby.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate to state the obvious, but, what do you think they were arresting Eric Garner for?

Untaxed Cigarettes is serious business. That's just thugish behavior. Streets are safer and state revenue will no longer be lost. THANK YOU POLICE.

Attacking? You're a pretty crappy troll, maybe you should take up a new hobby.
    I was referring to Mike Brown. And the pic of judge dredd was a joke, that apparently went right over your head.

I was referring to Mike Brown. And the pic of judge dredd was a joke, that apparently went right over your head.
    Oh, ha ha......

This thread isn't about Michael Brown.
    "The Patriarch"

My line of thinking is cops disposing of thugs is good.

Right, because a guy selling cigarettes is a thug.

So anyway, while DFF craps his pants from transforming cigarette sellers into murderers--anybody interested in the t-shirt idea?

Stormfront called. They miss you over there.

Neg rep.

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast