Thread: Mother goes into hiding from CPS

Mother goes into hiding from CPS

According to the story, the couple's baby fell off the father's knee and suffered a bruise. They took the baby to the ER the next day for vomiting. One of the doctors eventually accuses the parents of abuse. CPS takes the baby for 7 months. The mother is eventually cleared but the father is convicted and prohibited from seeing his daughter. Now CPS and DHS are harassing the mother and demanding to search her home to see if the father is there. The mother moves and now they're demanding her new address.

Who owns your children?

Mom cleared of abuse claims goes into hiding with baby after CPS continues to demand home visits

BRIGHTON, Mich. (WXYZ) - A local baby at the center of a wild child abuse case is now among Michigan’s most wanted kids.

Little Naomi Burns has been taken into hiding by her mother, who fears authorities will take the child from her.

An attorney for Brenda Burns is calling this legal terrorism. Brenda has been cleared of all abuse allegations, but when her attorney told Child Protective Services workers last week to stop contacting Brenda, CPS went to court, demanding an address for the child.

For two months in 2014, the Burns family was the picture of perfection.

Josh Burns was flying planes for a commercial airline. Brenda was a registered nurse, and little Naomi was their bundle of joy.

“Naomi was a very wanted child. We waited a very long time to have children,” said Brenda in an interview with 7 Investigator Heather Catallo in January.

“I attended daddy boot camp classes at St. Joe’s [Hospital] before she even came into the world, because I wanted to be the best dad I could be,” said Josh during the same interview.

But two months after Naomi’s difficult C-section birth – trouble started. Josh says the baby slipped off his knee one day. In the tumble, mom and dad say she suffered only a faint bruise on her cheek.

“She was smiling and giggling, we went about our normal day,” said Josh.

But the next day, Naomi started projectile vomiting. Josh and Brenda rushed to the ER.

“I told the attending physician there about it, and he scoffed at it, and said – ‘Dad, this is nothing you did, your daughter is suffering from an infection or virus,’” said Josh.

But a doctor at the University of Michigan later found more: bleeding in the area between Naomi’s brain and skull. That’s called a subdural hematoma. They also discovered retinal hemorrhaging.

There were no other signs of trauma on the child, but that doctor then accused Josh and Brenda of abuse. Both adamantly deny they ever harmed their baby.

Brenda describes the accusations as, “devastating, humiliating, and terrifying.” CPS put Naomi into foster care.

“We were shocked. We had been in the hospital for 10 days, trusting these people with our daughter’s life. We brought her back to these same people. It was like somebody threw a hand grenade into our room and walked away,” said Josh.

Brenda was ultimately cleared and Naomi was eventually returned to her. But Josh was charged with child abuse.

“It’s like living a nightmare. And you wake up every day and you’re still there. And you just think, what do I have to do to prove to these people that I’m not the man I say I am,” said Josh.

And despite experts who said the bleeding inside Naomi’s head happened at birth and was caused by trauma during her delivery, a jury convicted Josh in January. Josh says he hasn’t seen his daughter in nearly a year.

“It’s been the hardest thing I’ve ever been through in my life,” said Josh.

The night of Josh’s conviction, a Child Protective Services worker from the Michigan Department of Human Services showed up with Brighton Police at Brenda’s house. They wanted to see if Josh was violating a court order that prevents him from seeing Naomi. The encounter was captured on a nanny cam inside the home.

“I’m with CPS, I’m with DHS. I was asked to just come out and just verify that he was not here,” CPS worker Melinda Chamberlain can be heard saying on the video.

“You can check the house if you choose,” says Charles Burns, Naomi’s grandfather.

Brenda’s attorney, Elizabeth Warner, says they had no warrant to search the home.

“Five Brighton City police officers and a DHS employee committed a home invasion of the child’s home. The child was there with her grandparents. But regardless of who she was there with – it wasn’t her father, and they had absolutely no reason to do that,” said Warner.

Warner says this police raid is one of the reasons she sent CPS a letter last week telling them that Brenda was moving. Warner said they could write to Brenda at a post office box, or they could call Warner.

But now CPS has filed a new court petition against Brenda, demanding that she provide them with Naomi’s new address.

“Does she have to do that,” asked Catallo.

“No,” said Warner. “It’s definitely not a crime for her to take her daughter and live wherever she wants to with her daughter. Her daughter was given back to her, she’s the fit parent, and under our constitution and the way that our Michigan Supreme Court has interpreted it, they cannot put her child under supervision of DHS.”

Now Brenda is in hiding.

“I think that would be the safest thing for any good mother to do. These people in Livingston County have not acted either honorably or legally. It frankly is the most stupid, silly petition I’ve ever seen filed. It doesn’t accuse her of any child neglect. It doesn’t accuse her of any child abuse. It accuses her of moving. And having an attorney. Period,” said Warner. “It is pure hypocrisy, and legal terrorism. I don’t know any other way you can put it.”

A referee issued an order, demanding an address for the child by 5:00 p.m. on Friday March 6.

The Livingston County prosecutor told us that as of March 11, the child’s location has not been provided.

“It is not our desire to keep a child from her mother. We want to make sure that the child is protected from the man who abused her. To the extent there is a dispute over what the court can order the mother to do, that is a matter that will be litigated and ultimately decided by the courts,” said Bill Vailliencourt in an email to the 7 Investigators. “There is no vendetta here. Our primary concern has always been the protection of the child from harm and holding her abuser accountable for his criminal conduct.”

Both sides will be back in court next week.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just said a prayer for the Burns Family.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What is it that makes these people this way? It's disgusting beyond my ability to express.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    What is it that makes these people this way? It's disgusting beyond my ability to express.
    Pure evil.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Naomi’s difficult C-section birth

experts who said the bleeding inside Naomi’s head happened at birth and was caused by trauma during her delivery
    So that was your first mistake, parents: trusting the medical-industrial complex with the birth.

I recommend EVERYONE read this book, particularly men, because it's not (ladies, I'll ask preemptively that you just ignore this next statement) a frilly-froo-froo isn't-nature-great feminine birthing book.
    The Bradley Method

Men, in particular, read this book, because it lays it all out on the table: the birthing industry is FULL OF $#@!.
    The book is rare in that it's really digestible and yet packs in all the facts you need.

When my first was born, I wasn't totally sold on staying away from the hospital, and we got a 14-hour ring-side seat to a complete validation of everything in that book, including a nurse who told me to my face "You're putting your child in danger" and walking out, and off the birth.

So, some of you may be asking, "Why is any of this relevant?"
    Because C-Sections are almost never medically necessary.

What they are, is boilerplate. They happen so often and have such a safety record that the medical cartel has decided to make them a normal part of birth - as opposed to having to learn how to deal with abnormal situations with alternate, non-surgical methods.
    If a woman's labor goes longer than a couple hours, they're going to start talking C-section.
    If a woman seems like she's running out of energy, they're going to start talking C-section.
    If a baby's heart rate dips 5 beats per minute lower than what they want to see, they're going to start talking C-section.
    If a doctor is on call and really wants to be home to watch his 9pm show, they're going to start talking C-section.

And that's not even getting into these monstrous women who want to control the date, and have a whole industry full of "professionals" who are more than happy to help her.

It's entirely possible that they had a real medical emergency... sure it is.
    But it's highly likely that this particular C-section was not necessary - nor were the complications involved.
    (That article says "some medical organizations have already started taking measures to reduce the number of surgical births" - to which I say this is unmitigated bull$#@!. The Bradley method was introduced in 1970, it's hardly the only alternate birthing method to decry routine C-section, and yet the C-section rate in the US has ballooned 500% since exactly 1970. The medical industry's opportunity to be proactive is about 40 years gone.)

So sorry for soapboxing - but it should be pointed out that this entire situation might have been avoided entirely by not toeing the hospital birth line. Their medical providers were packed full of $#@! long before they accused them of abuse.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 03-11-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    +rep to the mother for standing up for herself. I would move out of the county at the least. Out of the state would be even safer.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I wonder how many vaccines did the child received?

Dangerous Vaccines Found to Cause Symptoms of Shaken Baby Syndrome
    http://vactruth.com/2013/06/22/shaken-baby-syndrome/

Shaken Baby Syndrome or Vaccine-Induced Encephalitis?
    http://www.aapsonline.org/jpands/hacienda/buttram.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    +rep to the mother for standing up for herself. I would move out of the county at the least. Out of the state would be even safer.
    Yep. Crossing state lines mucks them up big time. And Canada is only about an hour away from Brighton. Just saying...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Send pm for underground railroad, I'll hide you.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    It gets better. Because the mother was found not guilty, the baby is not even under the jurisdiction of CPS. So what did they do? They just added her name to a Secret List.
    Warner is outraged that even though Brenda Burns was cleared, CPS still put her on their secret list of child abusers, called the Central Registry. Warner says under the law, Brenda should not have been placed on the registry, which will prevent her from resuming work as a registered nurse.

“So they’re trying to destroy her, emotionally, financially, legally, any way that can,” said Warner.

The letter from CPS tells Brenda that she’s on the registry as person responsible for: “Severe Physical Injury, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Physical Abuse. And while the date of the notice says April 2, 2014, the CPS case worker didn’t sign it and send it until January of this year. Warner says the law requires CPS to notify you within 30 days of their investigation that you’re on the registry, not 9 months later like this.

“They put her on the registry when there’s a 2014 law that says they can’t do that,” said Warner. “They need to back out of this family. They have overstepped their legal limits!”
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/local-news/...?autoplay=true

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I wonder how many vaccines did the child received?

FFS, give it rest.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a Parents' Militia that traveled around protecting parents and kids from the government?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Wouldn't it be interesting if there was a Parents' Militia that traveled around protecting parents and kids from the government?
    There would be an awful lot of dead cops happening if that were the case.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

It's worth a thought or two.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's worth a thought or two.
    Indeed. Or three.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need a anti-CPS underground railroad.

-t

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It gets better. Because the mother was found not guilty, the baby is not even under the jurisdiction of CPS. So what did they do? They just added her name to a Secret List.

She probably shouldn't have even notified the state that she moved at all. It's not her job to report to the state when she decides to live in a new home. I would have just let them come knocking on the door of the empty house. Of course that would have resulted in a shooting story 6 months from now where the police would have shot the new residents by accident while looking for her.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

That is beyond $#@!ed up.

These CPS people sound like hungry vampires ready to pounce and seem to be blocking every exit. Canada is sounding pretty good for this woman. And if that's not far enough, go to Asia or Europe. Just go woman! And then you can live peacefully in another country with your husband. He's a pilot anyway so he's traveling a ton and can move around. Sounds like these crazy CPS folks are tightening their net. GET OUT!