Thread: The Unmasking Controversy Is About More Than A Democrat Conspiracy

The Unmasking Controversy Is About More Than A Democrat Conspiracy

RAND PAUL: The Unmasking Controversy Is About More Than A Democrat Conspiracy Against Trump — It’s About Unconstitutional Spying
    By Sen. Rand Paul - May 20, 2020

Last week, there was much discussion over “unmasking,” where Obama administration officials flagrantly violated the constitutional rights of American citizens, including those of their political opponents.
    You see, last week, we also debated legislation in the Senate dealing with warrantless surveillance and the FISA courts. I’m afraid I didn’t hear much about that from many of my GOP colleagues; in fact, most of them voted to continue to give this unconstitutional power to presidents and administrations.

This is a mistake. The lesson we should all be taking away from this is not “My political opponents should not be able to spy on me without a warrant.” The lesson should be that “NO ONE should be allowed to spy without a warrant.” The difference is not small.
    For opponents of concentrated power, like myself, the issue isn’t just about the Democrat conspiracy to take down Trump. The issue is about unconstitutional eavesdropping.

I don’t simply want Biden and others prosecuted. I want the system fixed so unmasking doesn’t happen short of a real warrant from an Article III constitutional court.
    More: https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/20/r...tional-spying/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be honest, in the middle of all that is happening now this seems quaint at best. I don't think the average person is going to care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    To be honest, in the middle of all that is happening now this seems quaint at best. I don't think the average person is going to care at all.
    Correct. Everybody is preoccupied with the coronavirus.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge