Thread: Rep. Trey Radel to resign from Congress

Rep. Trey Radel to resign from Congress

WASHINGTON — GOP Rep. Trey Radel of Florida, who pleaded guilty to cocaine possession in November, will resign from Congress on Monday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...caine/4934741/
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rep. Trey Radel to resign from Congress

WASHINGTON — GOP Rep. Trey Radel of Florida, who pleaded guilty to cocaine possession in November, will resign from Congress on Monday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...caine/4934741/
    Inactive

List of Liberty-minded candidates for Congress in 2014
    Party: Libertarian (since registration) / Religion: none (Ignostic)

“If while on your way you meet no one your equal or better, steadily continue on your way alone. There is no fellowship with fools.”
    ― Dhammapada, v. 61

"Asking why there are no Libertarian countries is akin to asking why there are no Atheist Theocracies." - #AncapJackal

Sad news. I hope Mack jumps in ASAP.

Can't taint the wholesome "Republican" name now, oh, and keep protecting those heroin fields/harvests in Afghanistan, eh?

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Open seat, Republican leaning district---forget the joking about another pol caught with cocaine, get a liberty candidate lined up and funded NOW, to take this seat in the special election or primary!
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

What a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.

Damn, why can't Democrat Mitch McConnel resign? Or Lindsey Graham, or Democrat John McCain. And when will the GOP get rid of Democrat John Boehner? The GOP has more Democrats in the party, then the Democrats do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Damn, why can't Democrat Mitch McConnel resign? Or Lindsey Graham, or Democrat John McCain. And when will the GOP get rid of Democrat John Boehner? The GOP has more Democrats in the party, then the Democrats do.
    Democrats never resign in shame. They have none.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the weeks, months and years ahead I will continue to advocate for our shared principles,not as a candidate or Member of Congress, but rather as a private citizen. And I will do all I can to support candidates in Southwest Florida and elsewhere who champion the Penny Plan.

“I hope the people of Southwest Florida will join with me in ensuring we elect a new Representative who will represent us with the passion and grace our community and our country needs, and who will be an unwavering defender of the simple idea that freedom matters because freedom works.”
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/naked...#storylink=cpy

Connie Mack is not running.

Ah, well. Won't be a candidate for everything. This Majority Leader Benacquisto, just based on being a Leader alone, seems like they'd be the frontrunner to do it. At least on the right, anyway. If it's for family or business decisions, as one article attributes, can't say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Ah, well. Won't be a candidate for everything. This Majority Leader Benacquisto, just based on being a Leader alone, seems like they'd be the frontrunner to do it. At least on the right, anyway. If it's for family or business decisions, as one article attributes, can't say I blame him.
    Yeah, but this is a loss. We already had a candidate in this seat and now he's gone and will be replaced with Benacquisto, who's just another Ros-Lehtinen clone.