Thread: 73 airport workers with possible terror ties passed TSA background checks

73 airport workers with possible terror ties passed TSA background checks

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...609-story.html

Background checks by the Transportation Security Administration cleared 73 people for access to secure airport areas even though their names were on a federal database of possible terrorists, a senior official told a Senate committee Tuesday.

The latest security lapse came to light as John Roth, the inspector general at the Department of Homeland Security, delivered a scathing report on problems and blunders at the long-troubled agency.

They include inadequate baggage screening, hiring of convicted criminals, questionable spending, and narcotics smuggling and human trafficking by TSA employees.

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could we be much much safer by abolishing the TSA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Could we be much much safer by abolishing the TSA?
    Certainly!

Waive federal taxes on airlines tickets and let the airlines provide the level of security passengers are willing to pay for.

There would be major shifts in demographics and pricing but it wouldn't take long for things to even out and there'd be no feds involved....

Which goes back to; "Everything the federal government gets involved in it $#@!s up."

Maybe the MO is "hire a terrorist to catch a terrorist"?

Affirmative action.

I am so sick of background checks.

Next time I am asked I think I'll raise my shirt and show them the hand picked ink on my back.

Check that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

1) What qualifies as a "possible terrorist"? Being from certain countries? Knowing somebody from certain countries? Having committed some atrocity before?

2) "even though their names were on a federal database of possible terrorists"- is that the exact same person- or just somebody with the same name? There are people with same names as people on the "terror watch list" who are not the same person.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    73 airport workers with possible terror ties passed TSA background checks
    Anyone else see the irony in that if Edward Snowden was releasing this information about TSA security holes and flaws, there would be cries of traitor and criminal. But when the Obama Admin and media talk about it, it's supposedly just good reporting meant to correct problems.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.