Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Carson says he would “intensify” the war on drugs

Ben Carson says he would “intensify” the war on drugs

Ben Carson says he would “intensify” the war on drugs
    JACK HUNTER, - OCTOBER 22, 2015
    http://rare.us/story/ben-carson-says...-war-on-drugs/

The proposition that the war on drugs has been a complete failure continues to become more of a national consensus, as evidenced by polling in recent years, the proliferation of relaxed marijuana laws in multiple states and even both major parties promoting criminal justice reform.

In 1996, conservative icon William F. Buckley led the anti-drug war charge when National Review published its cover story The War On Drugs Is Lost.

That was nearly twenty years ago.

On Wednesday, Glenn Beck had a rapid fire question-and-answer session with Republican presidential frontrunner (at least in Iowa) Ben Carson.

At one point Beck asked, “Do you continue the war on drugs?”

Carson’s reply? “Absolutely, I intensify it.”

We can’t be exactly sure of what Dr. Carson means by “intensifying” the drug war.

Before that comment, Beck asked “Legalized marijuana?”

Carson said, “I disagree with that.”

At the same moment an emerging majority of Americans are embracing legalization and leaders in both parties are calling for an end to drug related harsh sentencing, it’s hard to imagine a more counterproductive position to take, for Carson’s party and his own candidacy.

Besides a majority supporting legalization today, the 90 million Americans that qualify as Millennials will be the largest voting bloc in the country in the not too distant future.

Even 63 percent of Republican Millennials agree with marijuana legalization.

Good luck with that, Dr. Carson.
    RVO˩UTION

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yea I heard this live on GB the other day. That long with his wanting to send more troops to Afghanistan kinda kill any chance of me voting for him, ever.

Rand might want to go after him about this but in a sort of nicer way like chiding a child.. But I still don't know if it's a winning issue for us in this party :/
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Carson and Cruz have been fighting for an EXTREMELY distant 2nd choice status for me, and Carson just about killed it with this rubbish.

Yuck... And there was a time a couple months ago I actually considered supporting this idiot.

Anyone know where trump is on the WoD?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Yuck... And there was a time a couple months ago I actually considered supporting this idiot.

He wants the police to have more power.

Last edited by CPUd; 10-22-2015 at 04:45 PM.

What do you expect from a man that's Chairman of the Board of a vaccine company and has deep ties to big pharma?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Wow! That was some powerful anti-Carson political fodder there for any great video creator that wishes to use Carson's own words to skewer him.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow...Carson would make a GREAT VP choice for Rand, wouldn't he? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He wants the police to have more power.

Yeah I know he has an authoritarian bend....but what about drugs specifically? I'd think he would possibly be in favor of legalization, considering he made millions on gambling and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Rand might want to go after him about this but in a sort of nicer way like chiding a child.. But I still don't know if it's a winning issue for us in this party :/
    You attack the war on drugs by saying YOU OWN YOUR OWN BODY...not the government. This is a classic example of Republicans supporting bigger government and telling people how to live.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post

He was against it before he was for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Hehe...did I say that? This is a mark against him in my book for sure.

Jan2017

But what will Ben Carson be able to intensify about it . . . ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He was against it before he was for it.
    Ahh interesting. Sounds about right, I guess.

Carson will implode by himself. Rand should just focus on foreign wars and leave Trump and Carson alone

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    But what will Ben Carson be able to intensify about it . . . ?

Yeah, what is he smoking?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I don't know I think only cindy25 thinks this.....
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

wow I actually kinda of liked this guy, and would have considered voting for him. This is a dealbreaker.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    wow I actually kinda of liked this guy, and would have considered voting for him. This is a dealbreaker.
    Totally out of consideration. The WoD has to end!

This is actually a tame, very tamed, version of the comment I was going to make that consisted of lots of f***ing and m*****f*****ing and the like, but I read other comments after listening to the video and settled down a bit.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    You attack the war on drugs by saying YOU OWN YOUR OWN BODY...not the government. This is a classic example of Republicans supporting bigger government and telling people how to live.

Brilliant!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Get the Feds Out of Drugs, Too

Dr. Carson said that education standards should not be standardized by the federal government and "the closer to home that Education is for the People, the better," and I agree with that answer. But that position is inconsistent with his view that he would "intensify the War on Drugs" because drugs is an issue that the federal government should not be involved in, either. It's better left to the people who are closer to their homes and communities where drugs may become an issue in need of resolution.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

"intensify the war on drugs" is a deliberately ambiguous wording. I think you guys are reading too much into it, I wouldn't necessarily assume that this means he favors incarcerating more people and worse penalties for nonviolent drug crimes. "Intensifying the war on drugs" could just mean intensifying efforts to reduce drug usage, of which locking people up is only one of many possible divergent methods.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Dr. Carson said that education standards should not be standardized by the federal government and "the closer to home that Education is for the People, the better," and I agree with that answer. But that position is inconsistent with his view that he would "intensify the War on Drugs" because drugs is an issue that the federal government should not be involved in, either. It's better left to the people who are closer to their homes and communities where drugs may become an issue in need of resolution.
    true that. the "Federal government" needs to go back to being just that.
    prior to 1791. this was very easy to identify..
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    "intensify the war on drugs" is a deliberately ambiguous wording. I think you guys are reading too much into it, I wouldn't necessarily assume that this means he favors incarcerating more people and worse penalties for nonviolent drug crimes. "Intensifying the war on drugs" could just mean intensifying efforts to reduce drug usage, of which locking people up is only one of many possible divergent methods.
    we ARE talking about a "brain-surgeon" right?

is he also a chemist and an electrician?
    the human mind is a complex electro-chemical soup.

and yes! there is a bottle in front of me!!

We can’t be exactly sure of what Dr. Carson means by “intensifying” the drug war.
    Preadtor drones, I assume. Predator drones are very effective, in our other wars.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    we ARE talking about a "brain-surgeon" right?

is he also a chemist and an electrician?
    the human mind is a complex electro-chemical soup.

and yes! there is a bottle in front of me!!
    If you're currently susceptible to suggestion, I might suggest if you haven't already, max out your donation to Rand Paul's campaign RIGHT NOW because I like soup. Do it
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    If you're currently susceptible to suggestion, I might suggest if you haven't already, max out your donation to Rand Paul's campaign RIGHT NOW because I like soup. Do it
    "for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

(I am feeling like, 3" tall) winter is coming dude.
    I "withdrew my consent" years ago.
    but ya. I got $50 for the effort.

"you must spread some reputation around, before giving it to Crashland again"

can I get some help peoples?
    Last edited by HVACTech; 10-22-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    winter is coming dude.

Life, Liberty, Logic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast