Thread: Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it

Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it

Sen. Rand Paul: Graham/Cassidy does NOT repeal ObamaCare and I oppose it

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...ampaign=buffer

No one wants to repeal ObamaCare more than I do. *As a career physician, there are few in Congress who have as much firsthand experience on all sides of the health care debate as I do. *I’ve voted for repeal. *I’ve sponsored my own Repeal and Replace plans.
    But I’ve also led the fight to stop and block “ObamaCare Lite” plans offered in both houses of Congress this year. *These have been plans that have spent nearly as much money as ObamaCare, that left most of the taxes and regulations in place, and basically failed to honor our promise of repeal.
    Unfortunately, they’re back again, and I must add to the list of ObamaCare Lite plans to oppose the new Graham/Cassidy bill that was introduced last week in the Senate.

In all ways, this bill is also ObamaCare Lite. *In no way is it repeal the way we promised. *I will oppose this bill as I did the other fake repeal bills, and I urge those who want repeal to do so, as well.
    Make no mistake – Graham/Cassidy keeps ObamaCare funding and regulations in place. *Oh, it rearranges the furniture a bit, changes some names, and otherwise masks what is really going on – a redistribution of ObamaCare taxes and a new Republican entitlement program, funded nearly as extravagantly as ObamaCare.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    unfortunately the mouthbreathers cant understand his position and just want a win.

So far from what I have read the deadline for passing this is on Sep.30 and it will only take 51 votes instead of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    So far from what I have read the deadline for passing this is on Sep.30 and it will only take 51 votes instead of 60.
    That is correct. It gets a lot harder to pass anything after that (only 11 days from now!) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-Obama-Care

I caught a bit of Rand interviewed on the Hannity radio show on the way home from a job. He said that he has been talking to Trump and is 99% sure Trump will pass an executive order allowing Health Insurance Associations within the next two weeks. This means associations representing possibly millions of individuals will be able to barter for better rates even across state lines. If this comes to pass it will be a serious positive. With Trump though, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    unfortunately the mouthbreathers cant understand his position and just want a win.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I caught a bit of Rand interviewed on the Hannity radio show on the way home from a job. He said that he has been talking to Trump and is 99% sure Trump will pass an executive order allowing Health Insurance Associations within the next two weeks. This means associations representing possibly millions of individuals will be able to barter for better rates even across state lines. If this comes to pass it will be a serious positive. With Trump though, who knows?
    I heard Hillary is a big fan of executive orders, I'm sure she would have done the same.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

that would be a real win for Randal and every self-employed person in the US.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Republicans rip Rand for rejecting Obamacare repeal"

Rand tweeted this morning:
    Also currently working with the President to finalize better replacement with cross state purchase of inexpensive insurance. Coming soon!
    5:23 AM - 20 Sep 2017
    https://twitter.com/RandPaul
    also

Republicans rip Rand for rejecting Obamacare repeal
    And the Kentucky senator is just fine with that

By SEUNG MIN KIM and BURGESS EVERETT 09/20/2017 05:02 AM EDT Updated 09/20/2017 09:07 AM EDT

Asked whether he feels pressure from fellow Republicans amid all their criticism, Sen. Rand Paul shrugged and answered: “Uh, no.”

Rand Paul might soon go down as the Republican who saved Obamacare — and he couldn’t care less.

"I'm actually happy to be out there as the leading advocate for repealing Obamacare, not keeping it," the Kentucky Republican said in an interview. Of his GOP colleagues, Paul added: "These people, they so totally do not get it."

Despite being one of the Senate’s most conservative members, Paul has been the loudest GOP critic of legislation to repeal the health care law that Republicans are desperate to jam through before a Sept. 30 deadline. His recalcitrant opposition left GOP leaders with virtually no breathing room as their whipping got underway, since they can lose only two votes and still pass the bill.

Even the face of GOP moderation, Maine Sen. Susan Collins, initially expressed more openness to the so-called Graham-Cassidy bill than Paul had. Paul has written op-eds trashing the plan, launched tweetstorms dismissing it as "Obamacare lite," and in case he wasn’t clear, gone on TV to reiterate his Lone Ranger stance.

That’s made Paul persona non grata in the Senate Republican Conference these days.

“If you vote against us, you’re voting to keep Obamacare,” said Sen. Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, one of the bill’s namesakes, when asked about Paul’s intractable stance. “Period. End of story.”

"It just makes no sense," griped another GOP senator. "It just makes me want to pull my hair out that Rand Paul would team up with Susan Collins to defeat this bill."...

[skip to end]
    ...Asked whether he feels pressure from fellow Republicans amid all their criticism, Paul shrugged and answered: “Uh, no.”

“I feel very comfortable and this is what I promised people," he said. "When I go home, I feel reinforced by the voters.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...amacare-242897
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-20-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Rand is a problem for the Republicans health care bill. GOOD.

This is just an interdimensional chess move. There's no way Trump would align himself with someone like Lindsey Graham.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This is just an interdimensional chess move. There's no way Trump would align himself with someone like Lindsey Graham.
    True, Graham's way too conservative for Trump.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    True, Graham's way too conservative for Trump.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Under reconciliation rules (how they are trying to deal with Obamacare so that it only requires 50 votes) they cannot repeal it anyways- they can only modify sections which directly deal with spending and taxes. To change or get rid of the whole thing, they need to do a regular bill which would require 60 votes to get through.