Thread: [VIDEO] RandPAC Pro-Life Ad

[VIDEO] RandPAC Pro-Life Ad

I didn't see this posted yet.

Sen. Rand Paul Stands Up For Life

Should play well with the social conservatives.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what the play is here, is he building more favored support with social cons to his announcement? He doesn't just release promotional ads for no reason.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Rand Pac posted basically the same video last June. I don't know if there's any difference at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Good video, I hope Rand gets a lot of pro life voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I didn't see this posted yet.

Sen. Rand Paul Stands Up For Life

Should play well with the social conservatives.
    If they see it. It is set on private.

I'm not pro-life but that is a good video. Rand will still get attacked from the right on this though because he is also on the record for supporting an incremental approach as opposed to forcing 100% prolife laws when the country isnt quite on the same page yet.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I'm not pro-life but that is a good video. Rand will still get attacked from the right on this though because he is also on the record for supporting an incremental approach as opposed to forcing 100% prolife laws when the country isnt quite on the same page yet.
    That is an incorrect twisting of his position. He is on record for supporting an incremental approach as opposed to doing nothing and waxing ideologically about perfection since it would be impossible to actually get 100% pro-life legislation through congress the senate and signed by the president.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That is an incorrect twisting of his position. He is on record for supporting an incremental approach as opposed to doing nothing and waxing ideologically about perfection since it would be impossible to actually get 100% pro-life legislation through congress the senate and signed by the president.
    I don't remember which event it was where he said this, but I do remember Rand saying something to the effect that even if it were possible to ram it through Congress and the president was on board, it would still be a bad idea. He cited Obamacare as an example of why it is a mistake to push through something the country doesn't want. He said he would go around the country and make the case to Americans and make sure the culture is on board with it before doing anything drastic.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    I don't remember which event it was where he said this, but I do remember Rand saying something to the effect that even if it were possible to ram it through Congress and the president was on board, it would still be a bad idea. He cited Obamacare as an example of why it is a mistake to push through something the country doesn't want. He said he would go around the country and make the case to Americans and make sure the culture is on board with it before doing anything drastic.
    And I think he's just saying that to make himself more electable in a general election. I don't think he would literally go around the country trying to convince Americans of his position before he signed a pro life bill into law.

//

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    And I think he's just saying that to make himself more electable in a general election. I don't think he would literally go around the country trying to convince Americans of his position before he signed a pro life bill into law.
    I agree. Although I think it is very unlikely that a very hardline pro-life bill would even get to his desk even with a Republican House and Senate. He might sign the bill, but it won't get to his desk unless the electorate is moved further hardline pro-life, which probably won't happen with no one really leading the charge.

Life, Liberty, Logic

It's crucial that he be known among Republican primary voters as unambiguously pro-life.

It's equally important that he doesn't run on the issue.