Thread: Ain't that Amerika?

Ain't that Amerika?

Ain't that Amerika?
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/aint-that-amerika/
    William Norman Grigg (09 February 2014)

A paramilitary team operated by North Carolina’s Wilson County Sheriff’s Office recently executed what was described as a “high risk search warrant” on a narcotics suspect. The members of the “Emergency Response Team,” clad in black armor, bucket helmets, and balaclavas, found what “nearly a pound of marijuana” – which could be the yield from a single healthy plant – and a single handgun.

A photograph taken by an embedded correspondent for the Wilson Times newspaper showed two of the masked SWAT operators in full military regalia. One of them bore, ‘mid snow and ice, a tactical shield inscribed with a strange device – “Defender.”

To those not of an Orwellian cast of mind, it’s not clear what or whom the stormtroopers were defending. Peace officers don’t dress that way, nor do they conduct military-style raids to arrest people suspected of non-violent offenses. Perhaps most importantly, peace officers don’t wear masks to hide their identity from the people they are supposedly protecting.

Many of the federal operatives who carried out the 1992 siege against the Randy Weaver family at Ruby Ridge, Idaho were cloaked in ski masks. The same was true of the berserkers from the combined FBI-Delta Force death squad that annihilated the Branch Davidians at Mt. Carmel the following April.

(continued)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Bullet the Blue Sky...

Be sure to read the whole article (unless, of course, you have blood-pressure issues).

And did anyone notice this interesting little tidbit:
    A photograph taken by an embedded correspondent for the Wilson Times newspaper [...]
    "Embedded correspondent" ... now somebody help me out here - where have I heard that phrase before ... ?

He should write about homosexuals or illegal immigrants. That would get some play here.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    He should write about homosexuals or illegal immigrants. That would get some play here.
    The man clearly just doesn't understand what's really important ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Be sure to read the whole article (unless, of course, you have blood-pressure issues).

"Embedded correspondent" ... now somebody help me out here - where have I heard that phrase before ... ?
    War on us.

“If you’re 21, male, living in one of these neighborhoods, and you’re not in our computer, then there’s definitely something wrong,” insisted VCSU officer Paul Boyer. This isn’t because such people are unjustly abused innocent people, but rather particularly devious “enemy combatants” who had somehow escaped the dragnet.

So now to be an "Enemy Combatant", you just need to be a 21 year old in the wrong neighborhood. Soon, both of the other two requirements will be removed and we will ALL be Enemy Combatants.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    O, bountiful
    the specious laws
    e-lec-tric waves of pain.
    For amber lamps and magistrates
    the aftermath of raids.
    AmeriKa, AmeriKa
    God shed a tear for thee
    The crowne is goode, blue brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea.

“I feel bad for the innocent women and children that were here,” stated SFPD narcotics lieutenant Kitt Crenshaw after a nighttime military raid terrorized an apartment complex and netted a minuscule amount of marijuana, “but in a way they do bear some responsibility for harboring drug dealers.”
    SMH...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I noticed that right off the bat. It's got that "shock and awe" Iraq war vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Is that Andy and Barney's new costume in Mayberry?

hood·lumˈho͞odləm,ˈho͝od-/a person who engages in crime and violence; a hooligan or gangster.synonyms:thug,*lout,*delinquent,*vandal,* ruffian,*hooligan,*lowlife;*

The hooded ones.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    O, bountiful
    the specious laws
    e-lec-tric waves of pain.
    For amber lamps and magistrates
    the aftermath of raids.
    AmeriKa, AmeriKa
    God shed a tear for thee
    The crowne is goode, blue brotherhood
    From sea to shining sea.

Peace.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.