Thread: Ron Paul Unleashed: Former Candidate Excoriates Trump and Congress On One Issue After Another

Ron Paul Unleashed: Former Candidate Excoriates Trump and Congress On One Issue After Another

I miss seeing these types of articles.

h/t Lew Rockwell

Ron Paul Unleashed: Former Candidate Excoriates Trump and Congress On One Issue After Another

Dr. Ron Paul, who served 12 terms in the US Congress and became famous when he ran on a libertarian platform for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, has been on a rampage this Spring, excoriating both President Trump and the Republican-held Congress on one issue after another.

Carol Paul must be putting something in her husband’s coffee, because the libertarian firebrand (who turns 82 this year) spent the month of April challenging the political establishment with the kind of gusto and pointed criticisms that gained him a devoted global following when he ran for president in 2008 and set two records for the most online donations in a single day to a political candidate in US history.

Let The Shutdown Happen. Forever.

On the latest government shutdown drama over appropriations, which has become more banal with each passing year since 1995, Ron Paul accused Congress members of using a dysfunctional policy-making process as an excuse for why Washington keeps spending exponentially more of Americans’ money as time goes on:

“This type of brinkmanship has become standard operating procedure on Capitol Hill. The drama inevitably ends with a spending bill being crafted behind closed doors by small groups of members and staffers and then rushed to the floor and voted on before most members have a chance to read it. These ‘omnibus’ spending bills are a dereliction of one of Congress’s two most important duties – allocating spending…

Congress’s dysfunctional spending process is an inevitable result of the government’s growth. It is simply unrealistic to expect Congress to fund the modern leviathan via a lengthy and open process that allows individual members to have some say in how government spends their constituents’ money. The dysfunctional spending process benefits the many politicians eager to avoid accountability for government spending.”

Never one to shy from a near-total rebuke of the entire US federal government as critically dysfunctional, Ron Paul ended his editorial by more or less calling Washington’s bluff about the catastrophe of an imminent shutdown and saying it would be great for America if Congress were “to shut down most of the federal government,” leaving only the departments and agencies that are specifically enumerated in the Constitution.

https://ivn.us/2017/05/05/ron-paul-u...issue-another/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul for the first president of the new United, but separate, States!

Let The Shutdown Happen. Forever
    Please, this.
    "The Patriarch"

Lew Rockwell, the former editor of the Ron Paul newsletter is now posting articles critical of the administration when just months ago, he and his cackle of contributors were here supporting the hell out of Trump. Btw, I am not trying to imply there was any real choice in the last election. Its just that intelligent people should have come to the realization that something similar to this would have happened regardless of who you voted for. I like this speech by George Carlin except for the part about politics being rigged. After my many interactions with the common man, I have come to believe that the elections are not rigged per say. The people with the help of con men like Lew Rockwell, these people actually win at the ballot box.

Their hands are not clean in this mess. But feel good article aside, this would not change anything whatsoever. It is moments like this that I wish I had remained ignorant about the true nature of the world. This is the equivalent of the hamster wheel, spin it all you want but you still haven't moved an inch because the wheels are off the freaking floor and just like with the hamster, nobody seems to notice. This is why people go back after a spin session and spin harder and harder with the false hope that this time, it will work.

I have been trying to talk about the equipment holding the hamster will up but it seems like nobody wants to broach that topic. So next 4 years or 2, we all would go out and try to give it another go. Hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but I think it is time for another red pill.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Lew Rockwell, the former editor of the Ron Paul newsletter is now posting articles critical of the administration when just months ago, he and his cackle of contributors were here supporting the hell out of Trump. Btw, I am not trying to imply there was any real choice in the last election. Its just that intelligent people should have come to the realization that something similar to this would have happened regardless of who you voted for. I like this speech by George Carlin except for the part about politics being rigged. After my many interactions with the common man, I have come to believe that the elections are not rigged per say. The people with the help of con men like Lew Rockwell, these people actually win at the ballot box.

Their hands are not clean in this mess. But feel good article aside, this would not change anything whatsoever. It is moments like this that I wish I had remained ignorant about the true nature of the world. This is the equivalent of the hamster wheel, spin it all you want but you still haven't moved an inch because the wheels are off the freaking floor and just like with the hamster, nobody seems to notice. This is why people go back after a spin session and spin harder and harder with the false hope that this time, it will work.

I have been trying to talk about the equipment holding the hamster will up but it seems like nobody wants to broach that topic. So next 4 years or 2, we all would go out and try to give it another go. Hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but I think it is time for another red pill.
    Why do you think it is wrong to lie to people?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Why do you think it is wrong to lie to people?
    That is a good question. For one, i don't think lying is necessarily wrong. It depends on who you are lying to and for what reason. For example, lies on the campaign trail can be good or bad depending on the intent. Lies to retarded/semi retarded people is wrong but when it is necessary to create a freer society, it is OK

So it depends on the situation