Thread: Sen. Rand Paul backs Eric Brakey's bid to unseat Angus King

Sen. Rand Paul backs Eric Brakey's bid to unseat Angus King

Sen. Rand Paul backs Eric Brakey's bid to unseat Angus King

By Steve Collins - May 1, 2017

Republican Eric Brakey’s long-shot bid for a U.S. Senate seat got a boost Monday with the public backing of one of the senators with whom he hopes to serve.

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., sent out a fundraising email for Brakey on Monday that said the 28-year-old Mainer “has a proven liberty first resume.”

Brakey, a state senator from Auburn, is hoping to unseat U.S. Sen. Angus King, a Maine independent who’s up for re-election in 2018. King is seeking a second term. So far, Brakey is his only opponent.

Brakey told a conservative podcast recently that he has a shot because “there’s very much a ‘leave me alone’ libertarian bent to the state of Maine” that he can tap into if he can frame the issues in a way that appeals to voters.

Brakey has ties to Rand Paul. He served as the senator’s presidential campaign director in Maine last year, after holding the same position four years earlier for Ron Paul, the senator’s father and a libertarian legend.
    Paul said he has had the pleasure of getting to know Brakey and watched him “produce real results for the liberty movement.”

Brakey said in his podcast with Tom Woods that he thinks Maine is in the middle of a realignment that provides an opening for someone like him who can appeal to both sides of the political aisle.

He said that since jumping into the race, he’s had “so much help coming in” in terms of contributions, resumes from possible campaign staffers and offers to volunteer that he’s found it “really encouraging.”

Brakey said it’s a big endeavor to run for the Senate, but he’s counting on help from libertarians across the country who realize that every senator has one vote, whether he’s from Maine or California. Winning in Maine is a lot more likely since any help goes much further, he said.
    More: http://www.sunjournal.com/news/maine...s-king/2121894
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/859477983136034817
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So how do I give money to this guy? Can't seem to find a campaign site. Perhaps he doesn't have one yet? Doesn't look like RandPAC is backing him, or at least they don't make it apparent on their site.

Doesn't look like his website isn't ranking well on google

Here is his website @randbot16

https://ericbrakey.com
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Ep. 895 Ron Paulian State Legislator: How He Won, What He’s Done, What He Saw at Two GOP Conventions, and More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5bQ...ature=youtu.be

Published on Apr 24, 2017
    Eric Brakey is a 28-year-old state senator from Maine. We discuss how Eric got elected against a longtime incumbent, what he's accomplished in the legislature, and his campaign for the U.S. Senate in 2018. Not to mention some stories from the past two GOP conventions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This is worth talking about every single day. Sure Maine might lose the best state legislator, but King is a terrible vote in DC and worth the risking on losing 1 elected official in Maine. Eric would be more pro-liberty in the U.S. Senate than even Rand Paul
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

We were always the underdog. I hope grassroots show up for Eric.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Maine is small, has a strong libertarian attitude, and Brakey has been very popular and has raised a lot of money for a state senator there.

With some outside help, this is very winnable.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Doesn't look like his website isn't ranking well on google

Here is his website @randbot16

https://ericbrakey.com
    Thanks! His site is probably brand new, so it will take some time for it to rank, and I am sure he's going to have to rely a lot on grassroots to get the word out, since Google will penalize him for giving a flying f*** about liberty :P. Interesting to see he's using the same digital strategist as Ben Swann. We know that Ben got his name out so well he was forced to take himself off the internet or lose his job.

Maine Senate backs bill to raise minimum age for buying tobacco to 21
    By Eric Russell - 6/22/17

The Maine Senate overwhelmingly supported a bill Thursday that would raise the minimum age for buying tobacco products from 18 to 21.

The measure still requires an initial vote in the House, as well as additional votes in both chambers before it could be sent to the governor, who might veto it because it could mean lost revenue.
    Although support was strong in the Senate, not everyone was on board.

Sen. Eric Brakey, R-Auburn, said he viewed the bill as another example of a “nanny state” regulation and criticized fellow Republicans for supporting it.

“As one of the younger members of this body, I will say that the perception that younger adults are children, incapable of making the same decisions for themselves – decisions that all other adult Maine people are allowed to make for themselves – without the help of nanny government is insulting,” Brakey said. “If you only have the freedom to make good decisions, do you have any freedom at all?”
    More: http://www.pressherald.com/2017/06/2...m-smoking-age/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This is really good news for dozen of stores within a few miles of the NH/ME state border. Many towns in MA already have a 19 or 21 year qualification to buy tobacco products. Of course, prices are currently higher in MA/ME than NH so 100,000s of people already drive into NH from those states to buy tobacco products. Still, many 1,000 more people would be great for NH small businesses.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

https://twitter.com/SenatorBrakey/st...85777088630785

https://twitter.com/SenatorBrakey/st...44339107885056

https://twitter.com/SenatorBrakey/st...21418586431489

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/980888696630149125

I just saw this:
    http://www.timesrecord.com/news/2017...y_nominat.html

The Libertarian Party recently got ballot access in Maine. If they dare split away votes from Brakey in an election like this, what's the purpose?

Cook has this as a solid blue seat though, so I don't know how winnable it is.
    https://www.cookpolitical.com/rating...e-race-ratings
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/SenatorBrakey/st...84268357079042