Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-Cops lock down entire school for no reason, search and grope 900 students

Exclamation GA-Cops lock down entire school for no reason, search and grope 900 students

Just preparing these kids for the bleak future they face.

TSA does the same thing, every single day, by the millions.

Cops Detain Entire School, Illegally Search/Grope 900 Kids — Find NOTHING, Parents Furious

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...rents-furious/

By Matt Agorist - April 24, 2017

Worth County, GA — Children feel violated, parents are furious, and a lawsuit is getting filed after the Worth County Sheriff’s office conducted an illegal search of 900 students — in the name of the war on drugs. The rights-violating intrusive and aggressive patdowns and drug dog searches yielded absolutely nothing.

On April 14, when the students of Worth County High School returned from spring break, they arrived at school to find a police state had taken over. The sheriff and his deputies — with no probable cause — detained and illegally searched every single child in the school, all 900 of them.

When kids went home that day to tell their parents what happened, naturally, they were furious as it is a gross violation of the children’s 4th Amendment rights.

“It’s essentially a fourth amendment violation,” said attorney Mark Begnaud. “It’s 900 illegal searches, suspicion-less pat downs, suspicion-less searches.”

Naturally, Sheriff Jeff Hobby is standing by this rights violation on a massive scale, noting that as long as a school administrator was present, the search of the children was legal.

Apparently, in the sheriff’s mind, school administrators can usurp the constitutional rights of children in favor of unlawful police searches.

But school officials and the student rule book disagree.

In the student handbook, it says school officials may search a student only if there is reasonable suspicion the student has an illegal item.

As WALB reports, Worth County Schools attorney Tommy Coleman said in order for the Sheriff’s office to search any students, they’d had to have reason to believe there was some kind of criminal activity or the student had possession of contraband or drugs.

“If you don’t have that then this search would violate an individual’s rights,” said Coleman. “[It] violates the constitutional right and enforcing them the right against unreasonable search and seizures.”

Interim Worth County Superintendent Lawrence Walters said he understands parents concerns about the drug search at Worth County High school on Friday, according to WALB.

“I’ve never been involved with anything like that ever in the past 21 years and I don’t condone it,” said Walters.

Walters said he was notified that there was be a search but pointed out that he did not give permission nor did he approve the mass groping of children.

“We did not give permission but they didn’t ask for permission, he just said, the sheriff, that he was going to do it after spring break,” said Walters.

(So why the $#@! didn't you immediately get on the phone with the town council, mayor and the town's legal dept. to stop him? - AF)

“Under no circumstances did we approve touching any students,” explained Walters.

Adding insult to injury, many students complained that they got far more than just a pat down.

At least one deputy’s searches were found to be “too intrusive.”

According to Hobby, it was later discovered that one of the deputies had exceeded instructions given by Hobby and conducted a pat down of some students that was considered to be too intrusive.

When multiple students complained about being groped by the intrusive deputy, Sheriff Hobby ensured parents and school officials that “corrective action was taken to make sure the behavior will not be repeated.”

Exactly who that cop was and what ‘corrective action’ was taken, remains a mystery.

“I’m okay with them doing the search, if it was done appropriately like the school has done in the past,” said father of two Jonathan Luke. “But when they put their hands on my son, that’s crossing the line.”

(And that's why this happened Jon...because people like you were OK with just the head being stuck in. You allow that and you're gonna get a full shafted pounding...assenhole. - AF)

Aside from not finding a single bit of contraband, the sheriff’s search was also entirely uncalled for as the Sylvester Police Department did a search on March 17 — just a few weeks before — and found no drugs.

But Hobby told reporters he didn’t think that search was thorough enough, so he decided to do his own. And, this time, he’d grope every student.

Now, many of the parents are planning a lawsuit against the Sheriff’s office which will likely be the only means of holding this man and his department accountable.

As for the 900 counts of deprivation of rights under the color of law that the sheriff should be facing, not a single charge has been levied against the department.

This is what school has become in a police state.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...X1Gy2au4u29.99
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-25-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Now, many of the parents are planning a lawsuit against the Sheriff’s office which will likely be the only means of holding this man and his department accountable.
    No. There are other means. But, nobody will do it.

Having a child enrolled in pubic skrool is child abuse.

Period.

I welcome to hear from those who claim that their pubic skrools are good.

I hear it here all of the time, and by the way, they routinely do warrantless searches here in my idyllic midwestern small town skrool.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Other, more direct and more effective means.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I did. When my son's first grade teacher told me there was nothing I could do about it, I went to the office and withdrew both of them that day. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Cut federal monies to kops and schools and this BS will come to a screeching halt....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn. How do you possibly search an entire high school and not find ANY drugs or other contraband?!!

What the hell?

Did the word get out ahead of time? In my day, they could have started the search at 9:00 and have enough contraband for an awesome party by 9:05! Kids these days...

(maybe they are being trained too well by the State?)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Damn. How do you possibly search an entire high school and not find ANY drugs or other contraband?!!

What the hell?

Did the word get out ahead of time? In my day, they could have started the search at 9:00 and have enough contraband for an awesome party by 9:05! Kids these days...

They are in compliance.

(LOL - I know, right? The same thing for me...would have found enough weapons for a good prison fight and enough drugs to choke an elephant. Youth is wasted on the young...)

What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They are in compliance.
    Yup. Twice. First by the police and then a few weeks later by the sheriff.

Damn, somebody(s) must really not care for me.

I got a "five star" to start on this thread and then enough "one stars" to knock it down to where it is now.

Guess my welcome is worn out around these parts, as just about anything I post now is downvoted, with no explanation or debate.

It'll be ten years at the end of August.

Probably time to move on...

I got a "five star" to start on this thread and then enough "one stars" to knock it down to where it is now.

Guess my welcome is worn out around these parts, as just about anything I post now is downvoted, with no explanation or debate.

Oh stop it!

I just 5-stared you....
    From a rep comment.

Thanks brother.

I know it's stupid and I really shouldn't care...but I guess I do...is it somebody and their sock puppets $#@!ing with me...somebody I know personally expressing displeasure...disgruntled cops on the board?

Childish, if you're not gonna explain yourselves.

Meh, whatever.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-25-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Stoopid grammar

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Oh stop it!
    Eh, like I just said...stupid to worry about it I guess, but with more people lurking and reading rather than being active on here these days, I imagine it causes more than few casual readers to disregard a thread with 1 star.

Especially down here in the dungeon.

So why bother, amirite?

/Whine completed

Shaddup and drink a whiskey. Here's a 5 star fer ya!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup. Twice. First by the police and then a few weeks later by the sheriff.
    Yup. Them kids are hiding contraband up their butts.
    Time for a cavity search.
    Duh.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Yup. Them kids are hiding contraband up their butts.
    Time for a cavity search.
    Duh.
    Don't forget characterization!

“I’m okay with them doing the search, if it was done appropriately like the school has done in the past,” said father of two Jonathan Luke. “But when they put their hands on my son, that’s crossing the line.”

First they came for the other guy's kids. ...but they were not my kids...

Don't forget characterization!
    Is that when cops dress as Micky Mouse before shoving a finger in your kid's anus? Because it's less traumatizing?

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

From a rep comment.

Thanks brother.

I know it's stupid and I really shouldn't care...but I guess do...is it somebody and their sock puppets pulling $#@!ing with me...somebody I know personally expressing displeasure...disgruntled cops on the board?

Childish, if you're not gonna explain yourselves.

Meh, whatever.
    I don't even know where to look to see the stars stuff.. guess it's not my thing.. ratings.

What the hell?

Exactly what I was thinking - or they were just out for a morning grope and not doing an actual search.. 900 kids and no weed? What was it a K-3rd grade school?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Sounds like at least one deppidy got a lil too touchy feely ? I'm guessing that he took the opportunity to do some legal molesting. Not to worry though, "corrective action" has been taken :

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/loc...7b700817b.html

Corrective action taken against Worth County sheriff’s deputy following school pat-down search
    The drug search was conducted Friday at Worth County High School

Apr 18, 2017

SYLVESTER — The Worth County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday that corrective action has been taken against a deputy who conducted a search found to be “too intrusive” during a drug search Friday at Worth County High School.

snip

During the pat down, deputies were instructed to perform a basic and non-intrusive search, the sheriff said. The searches were conducted with Calhoun present. It was later discovered that one of the deputies had exceeded instructions given by Hobby and conducted a pat down of some students that was considered to be too intrusive, Hobby said.

Hobby said Tuesday that, upon discovery of the deputy’s actions, corrective action was taken to make sure the behavior will not be repeated.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 04-25-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Sounds like at least one deppidy got a lil too touchy feely ? Not to worry, "corrective action" has been taken :

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/loc...7b700817b.html
    I'm sure the District Attorney will pursue this like a starved hound to a rabbit. "Too intrusive." There's that curious language again.

Well at least the parents were furious.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Well at least the parents were furious.
    Furious today consists of bitching and whining on their phones.... SMGDH

Furious today consists of bitching and whining on their phones Facebook.... SMGDH
    FTFY. But, hey, that got 42 "likes."

Oh stop it!
    No $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Eh, like I just said...stupid to worry about it I guess, but with more people lurking and reading rather than being active on here these days, I imagine it causes more than few casual readers to disregard a thread with 1 star.

Especially down here in the dungeon.

So why bother, amirite?

/Whine completed
    Wah
    "The Patriarch"

I gave ya a 5 star AF....

I got a shot of descent whisky if that will help ease the pain....
    "The Patriarch"

Even the writer grogs at what I have been preaching for years.

As for the 900 counts of deprivation of rights under the color of law that the sheriff should be facing, not a single charge has been levied against the department.
    Bog them down in U.S. 18 U.S. Code § 242 filings. 900 parents could cause awareness. But, they won't. They can't afford to lose a state/Fed paid day care center.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast