Thread: Government Shutdown: A Looming Threat...Or A Manufactured Crisis?

Government Shutdown: A Looming Threat...Or A Manufactured Crisis?

Government Shutdown: A Looming Threat...Or A Manufactured Crisis?

This Friday the government faces a shutdown if a budget deal is not reached. Is there a big crisis up ahead...or is this all just political theater?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or a dream?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I thought Hollywood was bad but Fed/Gov just keeps "re-imagining" "re-imaginings."

Those of us old enough can remember a time when the very question at hand would have been deemed a stupidity only because so many people had the smarts to know how obvious the answer: this is low-rent political drama designed with the intent of frightening some people.

The set of tacit assumptions on such matters are broad and deep, all of them carrying the subtext of doom. What appalls me in all this is not even so much the failure of intelligence that this sort of thing represents on the part of the common man, as his revolting timidity and barking cowardice. This could be forgiven in women, again speaking to the mean and not meant to suck in every individual, but that the men manifest such cowardliness is disgusting and pathetic beyond my ability to place words. This is perhaps a penultimate example of how Theye have managed to derail "traditional" (awful term, IMO) male characteristics in favor of supplanted female traits, turning men into what would have once been called "fairies". Progressives will naturally wish and perhaps even call for my head on a platter, as will some who deem themselves "evolved" and/or "modern". So be it. In my opinion, one of the defining characteristics of a "man" is courage. Proper women should also have courage, albeit I find that its expression takes somewhat differing forms. This is why the men I have known, those of my personal circle of which I am perhaps the least example, understand that the female is not to be expected to have the same timbre of courage as themselves, which not only seems well and good, but also satisfies the progressive's obsessive fascination with "diversity".

A proper man, in my estimation, faces that which scares him sheet-white in the form of immediate physical threats. That is the very definition of "courage". Yet today we see men cowering like frightened little children right along with the women when subjects such as "government shutdown" arise as real possibilities in the immediate time-frame. It is embarrassing to witness it, so much so that it tends to evoke anger in real men, whose empathy is taxed too far in such cases, so deeply pathetic being the condition beheld. It is much like watching the suffering of a hopelessly injured animal; a proper adult puts such creatures to their rapid and merciful end not only for the sake of the animal's suffering, but to end their own at the hands of their empathy. Both parties feel the relief. When such suffering is prolonged beyond the point of absurdity, anger tends to be one of the common emotional responses precisely because we suffer through our empathic components, often beyond the point of tolerance. So it is I find it with these mangled, maimed examples of the male of the species who have been so horribly reduced that they cannot be rightly called "men" at all. Few things can one find that are as painfully and depressingly sad as this.

Today, the nation drowns in them and we get to see just how true this is when the media radiates their tacit messages of pending apocalypse that are threatened with the words "government shutdown". The ignorance that is also represents would be difficult to overstate, as is the various lies that it represents.

Were people both courageous and clued, they would yearn for such outcomes, which would likely never come to pass. But were they to, the welcome wagon would be broken out and grand parades held in honor of the miracle that had taken place.

But no; we choose to meet such "threats" (promises, wishes the intelligent and courageous man) with timid shivers, wailing, and the gnashing of teeth.

Pathetic.

Disgusting.

In my opinion.
    Last edited by osan; 04-25-2017 at 03:06 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Or a dream?
    Like in a dream come true. right?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Like in a dream come true. right?
    Not yet.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

*best Rod Serling voice I can muster*

Imagine a world, where the government shut down and the only one's that noticed were the mass media............
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!