Thread: Ron Paul: Border wall going to hinder American people as much as anybody (Fox Business 4/20)

Ron Paul: Border wall going to hinder American people as much as anybody (Fox Business 4/20)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    History is replete with defense and defense undermining techniques. Walls were great. Until the cannon. One must understand why "invaders" seek access to the citadel. Unless that is understood and addressed then walls will be undermined, skirted, toppled.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Ron Paul is, of course, 100% right. No libertarian should support the border wall. In fact we are losing as much liberty in the "war on immigration" that we are losing in the "war on drugs" or the "war on terror." The border zone is a "first amendment free zone." People are losing property to eminent domain. It's disgraceful to see libertarians line up behind this movement. The H1B visa situation shows this has nothing to do with crime or welfare.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Hopefully Mexico will pay us back, or we can just use the PATRIOT Act to intercept their moneygrams.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

5-star thread. Ron Paul is state of the art.

"Walling people off is not a very libertarian idea. As a matter of fact, I've always argued the walls are going to hinder the American people as much as anybody... I think a wall is totally useless and [Jeff Sessions] didn't mention how he was going to pay for that wall. That's billions of dollars. Nobody knows what it will cost and it won't work. And it's so detrimental to the concept of liberty. Because what it is is they're treating a symptom rather than saying: Our problem is [that we need] a healthy economy, and allowing people to trade freely and go back and forth. Enforce the laws that we have. I would say the wall is treating the symptom and it's not gonna work." - Ron Paul, April 20, 2017.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The H1B visa situation shows this has nothing to do with crime or welfare.
    Exactly. I always hear people say about illegals, "I don't mind if they come to work, but not to go on welfare". Then they complain about H1Bs? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    5-star thread. Ron Paul is state of the art.

"Walling people off is not a very libertarian idea. As a matter of fact, I've always argued the walls are going to hinder the American people as much as anybody... I think a wall is totally useless and [Jeff Sessions] didn't mention how he was going to pay for that wall. That's billions of dollars. Nobody knows what it will cost and it won't work. And it's so detrimental to the concept of liberty. Because what it is is they're treating a symptom rather than saying: Our problem is [that we need] a healthy economy, and allowing people to trade freely and go back and forth. Enforce the laws that we have. I would say the wall is treating the symptom and it's not gonna work." - Ron Paul, April 20, 2017.
    ^This. It's time to take back the liberty movement from the fearmongering. We won't give up liberty for security to fight terrorism or drugs but we will give it up to keep Jorge from cutting someone's lawn or Ghandi from designing a new linguistic algorithm? Either freedom works or it doesn't.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where have all the adults gone?

It feels as if the world is being run by ill-bred second-graders.

What brand of arrested development does it take to come up with such spectacular FAIL? Since it is impossible for nominally intelligent adults to be this fundamentally and perfectly stupid, one can only conclude that something else is at work here.

Seriously - a wall? I've taught sixth-graders that showed better creative imagination. I am serious.
    Last edited by osan; 04-23-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.