Thread: Ron Paul: Neocons in Trump Administration are Pushing US Conflict with Russia

Ron Paul: Neocons in Trump Administration are Pushing US Conflict with Russia

Ron Paul: Neocons in Trump Administration are Pushing US Conflict with Russia
    Written by Adam Dick - April 18, 2017

Libertarian communicator and former presidential candidate Ron Paul examined President Donald Trump’s foreign policy regarding Russia in an in-depth discussion last week with host Sophie Shevardnadze on the RT show SophieCo. Paul says in the interview that he had been pleased with Trump’s campaign statements supporting improving United States relations with Russia and expresses concern about the Trump administration’s sudden shift away from this objective.

Seeking to explain the reason for the shift in policy toward Russia, Paul points to Trump’s lack of a “firm set of principles” regarding foreign policy and the presence of neoconservatives who “have a great deal of influence” in the Trump administration and who oppose being “more open and friendly with Russia.”

While neoconservatives may have had much influence on Trump recently, might that change? Paul suggests there is potential for more big swings in Trump’s foreign policy. In addressing the potential for further escalation of US military attacks in Syria, for example, Paul says, “I don’t think Trump has a precise position, and it changes depending on which advisor he might have talked to recently.”

In addition to US relations with Russia, Paul, who is chairman of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, discusses in the interview additional aspects of US foreign policy.

Paul says that, as it has through history, the seeking of war profiteering, such as for the military-industrial complex, plays a significant role in promoting war or promoting “a sense of war and conflict to make an excuse to build more and more weapons.”
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...t-with-russia/
    Copyright © 2017 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    Please donate to the Ron Paul Institute
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a pretty good article, Ron Paul has some valid concerns about the people in Trump's cabinet as do I.

I like how he was careful not to say that Trump was a neocon, because he could totally discredit himself with that statement. Unfortunately quite a few around here don't have that fear.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's a pretty good article, Ron Paul has some valid concerns about the people in Trump's cabinet as do I.

I like how he was careful not to say that Trump was a neocon, because he could totally discredit himself with that statement. Unfortunately quite a few around here don't have that fear.

Bush wasn't a "NeoCon" either. I doubt very seriously the last 3 presidents have understood philosophy of foreign policy at all. Being a Neocon Stooge puppet is what it's all about. I have no problem calling Trump, Bush and Obama a Neocon Stooge Puppet
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Bush wasn't a "NeoCon" either. I doubt very seriously the last 3 presidents have understood philosophy of foreign policy at all. Being a Neocon Stooge puppet is what it's all about. I have no problem calling Trump, Bush and Obama a Neocon Stooge Puppet
    lol.. totally disagree. Bush was a neocon, even if he wasn't smart enough to understand their master plan or some of their motivations.. the fact that he ran on small government, no nation building, morals and values, then goes in and expands government, expands our foreign policy, becomes involved in nation building and regime change.. and he did it under the umbrage of neocons... I mean, that is the very definition of neocon. Although I also agree he was a neocon puppet, he did exactly what a neocon would have done as they would have done it.

If Trump was a neocon, then instead of attacking Syria's empty airbase for 15 minutes and leaving, he would have started a neocon boondoggle - neocons have started wars over MUCH less!!! Remember the babies in incubators story? The shock and awe? Trump had this HUGE opportunity to start a regime change boondoggle in Syria and he DIDN'T do it. If anything, that is proof that he is NOT a neocon.

I'm not a huge fan of this website, but they do lay out some good points

No, Trump Is Not a Neocon

We haven’t heard paeans to democracy from Trump, or clarion calls for human rights. He hasn’t seriously embraced regime change anywhere (even if his foreign-policy officials say Assad has to go). He shows no sign of a willingness to make a major commitment of U.S. ground troops abroad.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...a-not-a-neocon
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Ron's been trying to warn Trump against following neocon policy since 2016. Unfortunately, Trump is not a listener of Ron Paul's words of wisdom. Sad.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

It's funny how you don't mind discrediting yourself with your bat crazy claim that Assad saying that s he would welcome U.S. troops into his country to help fight ISIS militants “without any hesitation” if the Trump administration espouses a “clear political stance, not only with regards to (the fight against) terrorism, but also about Syria’s sovereignty and unity.” means Assad is actually welcoming Trump's intervention in Syria. Whether you believe Trump is secretly against regime change or not, it's clear that Trump's ADMINISTRATION has not put forward a clear political stance in regards to Syria's sovereignty and unity!

Really, nobody at this point such care if you think they are credible when it comes to Trump. You've lost all credibility. Your astrological sign must be Aquarius because you are bearing a lot of Trump water. (Orange Kool-Aid really).

And for the record, I don't think Trump is a neocon. I think he is a straight up George Soros groomed and funded, Bill/Hillary Clinton / Obama style progressive populist.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.