Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easily Paul's best debate

Easily Paul's best debate

He FINALLY brought up some of the talking points we've been begging him to use in debates (electability, christian just war, etc).

The media wont cover it, the pundits will ignore him, but in the homes across america, I think Ron left his best impression yet.
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Plus, Romney hammered Santorum over issues like the Bridge to Nowhere, Steel Bailout, and the Airline Bailout...which Ron didn't have to do!

Feel great about the debate...but then again I've always felt great about Ron's debates and he has never been given the polling bounce I expected. Hopefully this time it's different.

The sad thing is, the average non-Paulbot has an IQ of 64.

AA
    Last edited by aaroche26; 08-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaroche26 View Post
    I assume we need to defend Santorum on earmarks. Romney hit him on that, which is unfortunate because once the tag team between Romney and Paul is over he'll use it on Paul.
    Ron's fine on the issue. It's not the earmarks per say but the stupid spending programs that use them as vehicles. Ron votes against the bills so he's good.

I assume we need to defend Santorum on earmarks. Romney hit him on that, which is unfortunate because once the tag team between Romney and Paul is over he'll use it on Paul.
    Thing is Santorum does not have a principled reason for earmarks and is therefore unable to offer a coherent explanation. Fact is he did it to ensure votes and still lost by a landslide.

Ron Paul easily defends the position explaining that he tries to recoup as much money as possible which has been forcibly taken from his constituents. Otherwise its spent by the waste happy DC machine.
    Last edited by unknown; 02-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Does anyone have a highlights toob?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

A good night for us. /And the beat goes on...

He was awesome. I loved it.

The haters have nothing constructive to say, just the same old character put downs that could be applied to ANYONE.

hardly. Santorum voted for the SPENDING. Often when it benefited his contributors. That looks a lot like selling your vote. Ron Paul has NEVER voted for the SPENDING. NONE of the others can say that.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by rpwi View Post
    Feel great about the debate...but then again I've always felt great about Ron's debates and he has never been given the polling bounce I expected. Hopefully this time it's different.
    This is more or less how I feel.

I hear so many people disgusted with many of the issues we are fighting to change. Yet those same people are supporting the other candidates. I know why this happens to be, but I just cant help but scratch my head as to what can honestly be done about it in the coming months.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

The questions didn't help.He was asked direct,simple questions by the audience/emailers and then King changed them completely to involve Santorum or unknown Governors.

Sitting down @ the table Dr.Paul's positions are the most practical & consistant.

I think the audience is starting to learn that the other three have & will change positions on most anything.

I was incredibly impressed with Paul. I don't know what he did to better prepare, but the difference between the other debates and this one are just night and day. I haven't donated anything to the Paul campaign yet, not for lack of want, but because up until three weeks ago I haven't had a job. That said, I'm getting my first sizable paycheck on Friday, and I'll be donating $20 to the Paul campaign. Fantastic job, Dr. Paul. You had already earned my money, but this just makes me want to give it up even more. I really do wish I could afford to donate more!
    "A man chooses; a slave obeys." Andrew Ryan, BIOSHOCK.

I hereby vow to donate $20 to Ron Paul for his fantastic performance at the 2/22 debate. Payday can't come soon enough!

Shame on us, doomed from the start,
    May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts
    Shame on us, for all we have done,
    And all we ever were. Just zeroes and ones.
    --Zero Sum - Nine Inch Nails

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His body language seems to have improved too

I think a lot of it had to do with sitting down.
    When he's at a podium he had a tendency to lean over on it. That made his suit coat ride up on his shoulders, making it look like he was a tiny old hermit hiding in a cave.
    He stopped doing that the last couple debates - someone must have noticed and corrected it.
    When he was sitting last night, he was chillin' out, relaxed, leaning back on his chair. The rest of them were all sitting straight up at attention (or, in Santorum's case, unable to relax because of the Rockwell 60 hardness D2 steel rod up his butt).
    Plus there was that AMAZING split screen when Newt was talking and they put Ron up on the left, and he had his chin on his folded knuckles, looking at the floor, obviously processing what was going on in thought so deep that there are unknown species of lanternfish hanging out down there....

Whoever is working on his debating is doing a spectacular job. It's really showing. They're correcting mistakes, but he's still coming across as altogether different from the others.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rpwi View Post
    Ron's fine on the issue. It's not the earmarks per say but the stupid spending programs that use them as vehicles. Ron votes against the bills so he's good.
    I think a lot of people that will vote on super Tuesday probably just started thinking about the candidates. Ron Paul did well last night, hopefully he will get some support from fresh electorate?

Ron Paul is getting his groove on.

MOJO RISING!
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

That was Rons best performance to date.. He just smashed Santorum...

I can tell you right now that this was his best debate to date. Ron Paul answered every question asked with a bang and explained it to the point were it even could scare the crap out of you like the possibility for a draft. one of Ron Paul's problems why people do not want to vote for him is his foreign Policy and we always wanted him to explain it to the people better. Well Ron Paul did it as good as you could it according to the questions asked. Ron answered it three different ways to try to explain his position. First the Constitutional way and how wars should be fought plus declared by congress. Then Ron explained just plain out what we should be doing and not doing. Finally Ron explained it in an economic sense to see if people would then understand his position and even said that some people still do not get it in the Constitutional ways so here is the economic reasons. From there Ron Paul went on to smash Santorum and make him look really bad. I say that Ron Paul is at a good place to gain a little in the polls and at least converted some people who watch who were undecided.
    Last edited by tuggy24g; 02-23-2012 at 08:30 AM.

An amazing performance by the good doctor

a very good night for us...time to racket up fundraising and campaign stops...I wish the campaign had an absentee ballot program like Romney...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron's got brass pauls

(a search of the net appears to indicate that I just invented that phrase )

Paul's body language was great, he was comfortable...ready to answer and didn't mince words...he definitely stood out on style this time. Mostly it is his substance that impresses me but now he has style. The last two debates, he was 100% more comfortable up there...something definitely switched for him. The rallies are getting bigger and bigger. I hope the campaign can harness the growing strength and support. But of course the only mention of Paul coming out of the debate is the 'fake' comment and how Paul and Romney ganged up on Santorum. NPR talked about how Ron and Newt are just in the race to promote their own agendas and now it is clearly Romney v Santorum. IF this race has taught the media anything is to stop trying to pick the narrative cause it will change...

No doubt, Ron Paul OWNED this debate.

He separated himself very clearly from the business-as-usual politicians like vinegar from oil -- he even sat slightly apart from the pack there at the end, at least that's how the camera angle made it look. I'm not sure what Santorum meant when he characterized himself as "courage", when it's our man Ron Paul that has the courage to tell it like it is, just as he has had for decades. So it was no exception that Ron slapped Santorum with a "Fake" label to his face, all the while grinning in the process.

Ron said ALL the things we've been wanting thim to say all this time -- address the electability issue, polls against Obama in key states, questions of national defense from every different angle imaginable, and he even interjected and stood up for himself to make sure he had the speaking time he deserved.

I'm beaming with excitement after this debate -- Ron delivered it in the most favorable light possible and pretty much left no stone unturned. At the most critical time, right before Super Tuesday, Ron delivered!

Now we need to show our appreciation by redoubling our efforts on the donation front, phone-calling front, and boots-on-the-ground front!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    The sad thing is, the average non-Paulbot has an IQ of 64.
    If Paulbots are 20% of the population, then we must have IQs of (100 - 0.8*64)/0.2 = 244 for the national average to be 100!

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHLIED View Post
    But of course the only mention of Paul coming out of the debate is the 'fake' comment and how Paul and Romney ganged up on Santorum.
    The coverage of Santorum being "fake", and the simple matter-of-fact way Ron tossed it out, will go along way in bringing his support back to Earth. I wouldn't downplay this as it could very well be the beginning of the end for Santorum. We'll see.

I must have missed something in this debate. I thought he did very well, but I would rank it 3rd out of his 20 debate performances this cycle. (Las Vegas was better back in Oct, IMHO)

I thought Paul's points were spot on and he didn't back down from anything, so for that A+. However, I think he skipped over words (talks to fast), got flustered/stammered, and seemed older than he has in some of his best debates. It seems to me that he delivers his points best when he is rested and hasn't been traveling a whole lot leading up to the debate. (in Vegas he was there the entire week leading up to that debate).

I think it was a good debate for him and certainly didn't hurt him, but I don't think it was his best performance, like many others here believe. I hope that isn't because others missed his best debates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast