Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sen. Johnson??

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow.... this could be awesome!

If he runs during Ron running for President, we can give money to him too. I think we can get him elected. If he wins the Senate seat he'll have legislative experience in DC and executive experience in NM. That could make him ripe for a Presidential run later on.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Okay, now this should be priority #1, push Ron to the side for a second. If Gary runs, he wins the seat easily. We have to do something to get him to run. Ideas? This could be the easiest Senate seat we've ever picked up. And for all of you pot lovers, he's openly Pro-Marijuana, so there you go, we'd have one Senator introducing bills on that.

Best news of today - this is a huge opportunity to elect another one of us. I still want him running for prez though to at least be in the debates. Could be a great 2+ years ahead for GJ.

I agree this would be a great pickup but hasn't Johnson claimed numerous times that he's not interested in running for U.S. Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by EndSlavery View Post
    Best news of today - this is a huge opportunity to elect another one of us. I still want him running for prez though to at least be in the debates. Could be a great 2+ years ahead for GJ.
    I'm not so sure it would be a good idea to have him in the Presidential Debates. The home folks tend to not like that. It would be better if he focused solely on New Mexico and coasted to victory for the Senate seat.

GLS: Links? And even so, we can still try and convince him, it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    GLS: Links? And even so, we can still try and convince him, it's worth a shot.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...my-day-at-CPAC

I went to Gary Johnson's booth and introduced myself to him (I've e-mailed him via the garyjohnson2012.com site but never met him). He said "Oh Chad!" and gave me a big hug. I spoke to his son for a bit and he pretty much ruled out any run for Senate saying that position wouldn't fit him very well (his experience is in the leadership and executive role).

That is one depressing link. I hope he changes his mind or at least reconsiders. This would be such a big step for us to have two Senators.

EDIT: Thank you for providing the link.
    Last edited by TCE; 02-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gls View Post
    I agree this would be a great pickup but hasn't Johnson claimed numerous times that he's not interested in running for U.S. Senate?
    That was before the seat was open.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    That was before the seat was open.
    That's pretty much what we have to hang our hats on. He knew the impact that seat would have before, but now he'll have to do less work to get it. The poll has also come out showing him the most electable Republican in the state.

NM US Senate Gary Johnson
    Prez Ron Paul

US Senator Gary Johnson... of New Mexico

No more tyranny of the Patriot Act.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I really hope he runs for Senate, I've already written him to urge him to run

Wasn't there a guy who was his chief of staff who was running for Lt. Gov or something? what happened to him? could be a TEA party alternative if Johnson doesn't run and he was very much a Johnson protege

I would love for Johnson to run for senate, but unfortunately, there is nothing we can do or say that will persuade him. He has been establishing his national infrastructure for months and has plans to announce his pres run in a few. It is a shame that he is wasting such a great opportunity.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Does anyone know who i'm talking about or am I blowing smoke?

There was a Johnson protege with political ambitions in NM, i'm sure of it..

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary has said that he has no intentions other than the presidency

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Does anyone know who i'm talking about or am I blowing smoke?

There was a Johnson protege with political ambitions in NM, i'm sure of it..
    +1 for Kokesh. We need to fund him heavily this time (if he runs for senate)
    Last edited by trey4sports; 02-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Gary has said that he has no intentions other than the presidency
    If is ambition is to be president, why doesn't he do the logical choice of being a senator for 4 years first to gain some national recognition and funding. he's been out of the spotlight in NM for a decade now and he's never really had any national attention! running for senate, especially if its a relatively easy win, is the best first step!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    If is ambition is to be president, why doesn't he do the logical choice of being a senator for 4 years first to gain some national recognition and funding. he's been out of the spotlight in NM for a decade now and he's never really had any national attention! running for senate, especially if its a relatively easy win, is the best first step!
    That would be the logical thing to do.

Not gonna happen. He isn't electable in that sort of office, and word on the street is that he doesn't know how to run a campaign (his last attempt gives a lot of credence to that rumor). And I like Adam, he's a good guy who is solid on the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Wow.... this could be awesome!

If he runs during Ron running for President, we can give money to him too. I think we can get him elected. If he wins the Senate seat he'll have legislative experience in DC and executive experience in NM. That could make him ripe for a Presidential run later on.
    You think the country's problems that need to be addressed can wait until Johnson is sworn in as President on 2017?

lol, he couldn't win a Republican primary for a US house seat. You think he going to win a senate seat?

http://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/38701985645608960

Still, Johnson really needs to run. His chance at the presidency is null, especially if Ron decides to run for president. He might not like the senate, but he could do a lot of good in it, and if he serves in there for 4 or 8 years he could be a really credible candidate for the presidency. Maybe we should do an email bomb to convince him to run, or even set up a sort of pledge thing promosing him money and support if he runs for senate. If he sees overwhelming support for a senate bid, maybe he'll pursue it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    http://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/38701985645608960

Still, Johnson really needs to run. His chance at the presidency is null, especially if Ron decides to run for president. He might not like the senate, but he could do a lot of good in it, and if he serves in there for 4 or 8 years he could be a really credible candidate for the presidency. Maybe we should do an email bomb to convince him to run, or even set up a sort of pledge thing promosing him money and support if he runs for senate. If he sees overwhelming support for a senate bid, maybe he'll pursue it.
    I'm all in for an email bomb, I even have multiple accounts I can use :P

Just let me know when/what email and I'll do it.

I hope Johnson runs for Senate, so that he does not run for President, so that he does not detract from Ron Paul's run for President.

Can anyone write a good template letter to send him and to get other to send. And an email to send to!!

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Can anyone write a good template letter to send him and to get other to send. And an email to send to!!
    Something like:

Dear Governor Johnson,

You have heard by now that Senator Bingaman will not be running for re-election to the Senate seat in New Mexico. This changes the dynamics of this race dramatically as it now becomes an incredibly winnable open seat contest. Public Policy Polling recently did a poll that showed you having sizable leads against all potential Democratic opponents New Mexico could throw your way. Running for this high profile seat and winning it would put you in great position in four years to run for President in 2016. You will have name recognition and experience in multiple high-qualification jobs. If you run for this seat, I guarantee you will have the support of Ron Paul's national fundraising infrastructure behind you and we can rival, if not beat the amount of money we raised for Rand Paul in 2010. Having you in the New Mexican Senate seat would be a monumental step forward for liberty that I hope you consider. Should you decide to run for the Presidency this year instead, I wish you luck but will not be supporting you monetarily.

Thank you for your time,

Josh

Gary's national "infrastructure" could still help him in donations for a senate campaign. It sure worked for Rand Paul, ya know?

You know how you get Gary to run for Senate. He needs to know he has financial backing. Someone needs to get him on the phone with donors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast