Thread: [Video] Ron Paul On His Future, Fiscal Cliff, Rand, and Secession w/ Alan Combes Nov 29

[Video] Ron Paul On His Future, Fiscal Cliff, Rand, and Secession w/ Alan Colmes Nov 29

Ron Paul On His Future, Fiscal Cliff, Rand, and Secession
    Fox News Radio w/ Alan Colmes | Nov 29, 2012

http://youtu.be/gLtBWDLemUs
    Last edited by Confederate; 11-30-2012 at 08:27 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    summary? dont wanna listen to alan combes.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    summary? dont wanna listen to alan combes Ron Paul.
    FTFY.

Wtf. Don't RP interviews get comments around here anymore?

It is a good interview. It is too bad he is kind of cut off at the hard break at the end, though.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Well that was the most reasonable I think I've heard Alan Combes in a while. Seemed like a fair interview but yeah I wish it had been longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Nice interview. I remember hearing one Alan Combes show during the primary where a caller asked about Ron Paul's chances of winning the primary. Instead of talking, as many "right wing" talk show hosts did, about his inelectability, Combes said he couldn't win because the GOP powers wouldn't allow it. I've never heard him say anything negative about RP or try to corner him in an interview (not that I've heard many). I would certainly rather hear an interview with Combes than with his former sidekick, Hannity.

Did anyone else find it interesting how Ron kept referring to himself as a libertarian? He never would have done that during the campaign...it's like he's letting it all hang out now, which is very refreshing.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Confederate, by deep south do you mean Costa del Sol?

Alan Colmes. Not that it matters, I just thought I would let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Did anyone else find it interesting how Ron kept referring to himself as a libertarian? He never would have done that during the campaign...it's like he's letting it all hang out now, which is very refreshing.
    Yes I'm noticing it too. It's great.

Oh sheesh. I don't give a $#@! what he calls himself. Everyone is so damned hung up on stupid labels. It doesn't do a damn thing to get our country back.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Oh sheesh. I don't give a $#@! what he calls himself. Everyone is so damned hung up on stupid labels. It doesn't do a damn thing to get our country back.
    I don't think labels really matter either, it's just seems like Ron feels like he has a weight off his shoulders, now that he is retiring from government, and speaks a little more freely.

Labels certainly matter to GOP voters who will only vote for a "conservative" but not a "libertarian"

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Confederate, by deep south do you mean Costa del Sol?
    Could be. Or Mexico.

I agree that we shouldn't get hung up on labels, but it's important and encouraging for two reasons; one, it establishes that, in fact, at least one libertarian has held national office and quite possibly could have won the Presidency. That helps kill the stereotype that "libertarians never win" or that the ideology itself is fringe and nobody credible or important could actually hold to it. It's also important for the simple reason that most American sheeple respond to "branding", and establishing a "national brand" with the legacy of someone with the honesty, wisdom, and forthrightness of Ron Paul helps lend cache to the term so that it carries a weight of credibility that, sadly, the terms "liberalism" and "conservatism" no longer convey.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.