Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should ISIS be an exception to nonintervention?

Should ISIS be an exception to nonintervention?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Woods
    Depressing that even people on Ron Paul's page are saying, "Ron, you're great and everything, but 'we' need to intervene now."

Interview with Dan McAdams of RPI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a free country, there would be nothing stopping someone if they wanted to intervene. They just couldn't force the rest of the country to do it for them.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Unless we're under direct attack, the only acceptable form of "intervention" is to open up the arms bazaar and let peoples defend themselves.

If we hadnt intervened to begin with 60 years ago, then 50 years ago, then 45 years ago, then 30 years ago, then 20 years ago, then 10 years ago, there would be NO need for us to intervene now. By constantly intervening, funding their enemies when they wear different labels, undermining their currency, destroying their infrastructure, there would be no need for intervention.

The thing is, Stability is NOT the goal. In fact, it is the exact opposite. The US needs a threat in order to monger fear at home, and ISIS / ISIL is able to foot the bill once Iraq is unstable enough for long enough. By maintaining a lack of stability in the entire Middle East, the US makes many countries, not just Iraq, completely dependant, and thus, controllable. The control is used to manufacture terrorism at every turn. The same way as Cops here killing innocents creates the need for even more Cops. It validates the Govts excuse for endless wars by providing a constant supply of infinte undefeatable enemies because it always manufactures new enemies through its intervention. That dependancy Iraq has on us is taken advantage of to maintain their instability. It is no different than the numerous problems that a Welfare state causes at home.

This is the Welfare / Warfare Tactic in action.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

The ME Christians have been being persecuted since Bush launched his Islamic-Theocracy building wars, and suddenly conservatives care? What's so special about these particular Christians? They're in Iraq. It just sickens me how they're being used as an excuse to re-start that dumbass war which they refuse to call a huge mistake.

However, Iraqi officials said that much of the US aid had been “useless” because it was dropped from 15,000ft without parachutes and exploded on impact.
    SMH.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Exclamation FASCIST PROPAGANDA: How FOX NEWS/NEWSCORP TV Stooge Judge Jeanine Pirro Conditions TV watchers

Mossad and CIA created, trained, and had their proxy tyrants, Turkey, Qatar, House of Saud, U.A.E. and Kuwait arm the terrorist groups. Accessory to murder, is still results in murder.

Nothing will ever change, when some elite person/group, some government(s) want to gain, profit, and control. It always happens at the expense of the taxpayers and innocent life.

BTW, listen to this Devious Devil of Deception... listen to every word, every emphasis, every dramatic line, and listen to what sociopathic multimillionaire 'Judge' Jeanine Pirro of US corporate media (FOX/NEWSCORP) inflicts on the unsuspecting viewers. Well scripted, well planned, and most importantly well timed, to prep the clueless viewers for the operations to commence. (Jun 21, 2014)

Joseph Goebbels would be absolutely delighted on how US media controls and desensatizes the public opinion to war, killing, and the inheritance of debt, insecurity, tyranny.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I have a slightly different perspective. I think it would have been best to just leave ISIS alone and maybe arm the Kurds at most. But now since Obama poked at them with his bombs and got ISIS all pissed off at the US, I think we may have to wipe ISIS out before blowback happens.

This place has really gone to hell.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    In a free country, there would be nothing stopping someone if they wanted to intervene. They just couldn't force the rest of the country to do it for them.
    I completely agree, raise money, hire mercenaries, buy arms. Nothing is stopping anyone from intervening. I don't understand why people expect the government to steal my money to hire soldiers and buy arms to do the same thing. Who wants to pony up the first dollar?
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    If we hadnt intervened to begin with 60 years ago, then 50 years ago, then 45 years ago, then 30 years ago, then 20 years ago, then 10 years ago, there would be NO need for us to intervene now. By constantly intervening, funding their enemies when they wear different labels, undermining their currency, destroying their infrastructure, there would be no need for intervention.

The thing is, Stability is NOT the goal. In fact, it is the exact opposite. The US needs a threat in order to monger fear at home, and ISIS / ISIL is able to foot the bill once Iraq is unstable enough for long enough. By maintaining a lack of stability in the entire Middle East, the US makes many countries, not just Iraq, completely dependant, and thus, controllable. The control is used to manufacture terrorism at every turn. The same way as Cops here killing innocents creates the need for even more Cops. It validates the Govts excuse for endless wars by providing a constant supply of infinite undefeatable enemies because it always manufactures new enemies through its intervention. That dependency Iraq has on us is taken advantage of to maintain their instability. It is no different than the numerous problems that a Welfare state causes at home.

^^^^YEP... who stands to profit/gain? Keep the money flowing to those who already run the racket.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post

Interview with Dan McAdams of RPI.
    It was all pretty good until near the end when McAdams seemed to be against arms going to the Kurds. Don't the Kurds have the right to arm and defend themselves? Should the US continue to oppose the Kurds selling their own oil to raise money? Isn't opposing arms for the Kurds and preventing them from selling oil also "interventionism"?

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 08-12-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Unless we're under direct attack, the only acceptable form of "intervention" is to open up the arms bazaar and let peoples defend themselves.
    That right there.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It was all pretty good until near the end when McAdams seemed to be against arms going to the Kurds. Don't the Kurds have the right to arm and defend themselves? Should the US continue to oppose the Kurds selling their own oil to raise money? Isn't opposing arms for the Kurds and preventing them from selling oil also "interventionism"?
    Aside from American arms perpetuating strife, being used as geo-political tools to hold nations subservient while foolishly picking winners and losers, and perpetuating a system in which a class of rather unproductive (at best) destruction builders retain continual employment, I would agree, arm the Kurds.

Don't arm the Kurds with weapons built from money stolen from me. Fire the lot of them.

If a private citizen wished to arm the Kurds, by all means. That's not the way this system works.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I sure am glad the federal government created another enemy for me to go fight! Not!!!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

If there's innocent people around the world getting terrorized we have a duty to stop it, because this is America
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Intervention won't solve this problem, it would at best delay it until we leave once again. These countries need to be allowed to split apart and wars because of that are inevitable, there is literally nothing we can do. Taking one side against the other just creates another enemy for us, we can't occupy them forever, we can't force people to be civilized. Our interventionism is what created IS, we'd be just be adding fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Aside from American arms perpetuating strife, being used as geo-political tools to hold nations subservient while foolishly picking winners and losers, and perpetuating a system in which a class of rather unproductive (at best) destruction builders retain continual employment, I would agree, arm the Kurds.

Don't arm the Kurds with weapons built from money stolen from me.
    Yep, sell it to them, don't use taxpayer money for it. The Kurds can start a "chip-in" if they want monetary aid. Hmmmmm. A politician could use that idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yep, sell it to them, don't use taxpayer money for it. The Kurds can start a "chip-in" if they want monetary aid. Hmmmmm. A politician could use that idea...
    Or they could finance it via the oil they shipped to TX, but the USG decided was property of the Iraq central govt.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Or they could finance it via the oil they shipped to TX, but the USG decided was property of the Iraq central govt.
    They also have a tanker waiting near New Jersey that can't be unloaded.

This would set a precedence.. when Arab Christians in Syria or Palestine are under threat or are bingmassacred by muslim/jewish or secular atheists... would US tax payers funded USTF bombing be in order?

Anyone has knowhow to answer this question.

Related

Prepare for 100 Month Alliance with Radical Islam & "ISIS CIA Asset Story"

Christians’ Love Of The Warfare State Is Killing Other Christians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRUeJYFZ94

Syrian in Israeli hospital: ‘Most fighters know they will get good care here’

By REUTERS
    09/15/2013 02:43

IDF mum on how the steady flow of wounded from the Syria civil war enter Israel, looking for treatment.
    September 2013. Photo: Reuters

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Syr...re-here-326110

Israel Rescues Al-Qaeda Terrorists From Syria

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ance-end-well&

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    I completely agree, raise money, hire mercenaries, buy arms. Nothing is stopping anyone from intervening. I don't understand why people expect the government to steal my money to hire soldiers and buy arms to do the same thing. Who wants to pony up the first dollar?
    Suppose you had to check a box on your income tax form that says you support the Iraq war and want to fund it, please tax me another $500.

How many conservatives would check that box? Answer, zero! They're all hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

The thing is, Stability is NOT the goal. In fact, it is the exact opposite. The US needs a threat in order to monger fear at home, and ISIS / ISIL is able to foot the bill once Iraq is unstable enough for long enough. By maintaining a lack of stability in the entire Middle East, the US makes many countries, not just Iraq, completely dependant, and thus, controllable. The control is used to manufacture terrorism at every turn. The same way as Cops here killing innocents creates the need for even more Cops. It validates the Govts excuse for endless wars by providing a constant supply of infinte undefeatable enemies because it always manufactures new enemies through its intervention. That dependancy Iraq has on us is taken advantage of to maintain their instability. It is no different than the numerous problems that a Welfare state causes at home.

The US State apparatchiki are unique and interesting IMO, because they can sell obvious bull$#@! to Boobus that would insult the intelligence of typical Citizens in the old USSR. I really kinda wish they could come up with better lies because it would be more interesting to listen to and pick apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Mossad and CIA created, trained, and had their proxy tyrants, Turkey, Qatar, House of Saud, U.A.E. and Kuwait arm the terrorist groups. Accessory to murder, is still results in murder.

Nothing will ever change, when some elite person/group, some government(s) want to gain, profit, and control. It always happens at the expense of the taxpayers and innocent life.

BTW, listen to this Devious Devil of Deception... listen to every word, every emphasis, every dramatic line, and listen to what sociopathic multimillionaire 'Judge' Jeanine Pirro of US corporate media (FOX/NEWSCORP) inflicts on the unsuspecting viewers. Well scripted, well planned, and most importantly well timed, to prep the clueless viewers for the operations to commence. (Jun 21, 2014)

Joseph Goebbels would be absolutely delighted on how US media controls and desensatizes the public opinion to war, killing, and the inheritance of debt, insecurity, tyranny.

Someone needs to cut that woman's tongue out. Her mouth resembles her $#@! because all I hear is $#@! coming out of it.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no.

This will not happen either but it should in a perfect world :

McCain should be put under investigation along with John Kerry and the committee that gave funding and weaponry to "free syrian rebel army" leaders who are the same group of militants that cut the hearts out of little children after cutting the parents to pieces.

ISIS gained a lot of power because of the U.S. supplying "syrian rebels" .

Dropping bombs will not stop the frankenstein monster which u.s. foreign policy intentionally continues to create.
    Last edited by CaptainAmerica; 08-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Ask Israel to accept and shelter Christian refugees.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...iraq-kool-aid/

Why are so many of those who call themselves “non-interventionist” suddenly jumping on the “bomb Iraq” bandwagon with the latest dose of US government propaganda about the critical need to “save the Kurds”? Do people really believe the US government is telling the truth this time and, more importantly, that bombs will solve the problem?

How strange that humanitarian catastrophes of a much larger scale are taking place currently in Syria, Ukraine, Gaza, and elsewhere and the US government is totally silent or even hostile to those who seek to help! Not to mention the half-million Christians already cleansed from Iraq under US occupation. Might it have something to do with oil? Israel? Neocons striking back? Yes, yes, and yes!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Normally I would say yes because there is nothing I hate more than hired fools who would destroyed their country and at the same time give outsiders more reason to hate Islam. But I think the best thing for the US to do is to one tell the truth about what they did, some rank and file still believe they oppose the west and Israel even as they burn Palestinian flags and chant for the destruction of secular Arabic countries because they believe they are more dangerous to Islam than the US and Israel.

Bring out documents showing their commanders going through secret American training camps in Jordan, release phone call between their leader and their true masters and before you would know it they would have a mutiny on their hands. All the while stopping all funding and assistance from Western and Gulf state intelligence groups. But I have a feeling that would never happen.

$#@! the kurds, they is nothing special about selling out your country men just so you will be favored by the occupiers.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Ask Israel to accept and shelter Christian refugees.
    Well you could ask,,
    Don't hold your breath.

These radical and twisted mercenaries that we trained and armed were allowed to slaughter Christian Communities in Syria and Iraq,, with no action from the US. But now that Satan worshipers are threatened,, we start bombing.

It is a sick world we live in.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If someone says that ISIS is evil and should be stopped I would agree.

So go on over to Iraq and Syria if you want to fight them. Just don't involve me and 320 million others behind this particular imaginary line.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast