Thread: Pentagon eyeing immigrants who arrived illegally to serve in military

Pentagon eyeing immigrants who arrived illegally to serve in military

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Pentagon is weighing allowing some immigrants brought illegally to the country as youths to serve in the military, a unilateral step by the Obama administration as immigration legislation remains stalled in the Republican-led House.

The announcement came Tuesday as House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, defended his election-year decision to rebuff a narrow immigration measure pushed by a GOP congressman to achieve a similar goal.

The Pentagon consideration would apply to immigrants who arrived illegally as kids but already have received work permits and relief from deportation under a program President Barack Obama announced two years ago, called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA. More than 500,000 immigrants have benefited from the program.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-20-17-48-52
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you study Roman history you know this doesnt work out well.
    Summum Jus, Summa Iniuria - More Law, Less Justice

When I was at my son's AF graduation last month, they had a naturalization ceremony for 5 people. Wonder if they entered legally or not now.... hmmmmm......
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    When I was at my son's AF graduation last month, they had a naturalization ceremony for 5 people. Wonder if they entered legally or not now.... hmmmmm......
    To be naturalized, you have to have a permanent residency card 1st and you don't get that from being an illegal. The military also tried to recruit me when I still had my permanent residency card and I would have been doing my naturalization ceremony with the military had I joined the military. Also once you get a green card, you just have to live or at least visit the country once a year for 5 yrs straight to qualify for naturalization. I am not sure if the military speeds up the process for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Yes they were legals, because the current rules are that you must be at least a permanent resident (green card holder) to enlist in the military. You must be a citizen to be commissioned as an officer.

Foreign mercenaries to protect and obey the Emperor.

Where have I heard that before?

Immigrants must feel so special. The American Empire wants them for cheap labor, D votes, taxes, and cannon fodder. Welcome to Amerika!
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    I am curious. Care to elaborate?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Pentagram will take it's next batch of cannon fodder wherever it can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot99 View Post
    Foreign mercenaries to protect and obey the Emperor.

Where have I heard that before?
    These aren't foreigners. These are youth who have spent most of their lives in the USA, and several of which believed they were full fledged citizens until told otherwise. These are Americans we're discussing.

Not that I have any particular desire for anyone, foreigner or native, to serve in the imperial guard.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    The germanic people who attained Roman citizenship were not the cause for the empire's collapse. Roman government grew too big and over expanded. Curiously enough the germanic people, who went on to form the Holy Roman Empire, are responsible for continuing many of Rome's traditions. The other institution that continued the Roman tradition was the Roman Catholic Church, which only became the imperial religion fairly late in things.

Or are you making another argument here?

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Immigrants must feel so special. The American Empire wants them for cheap labor, D votes, taxes, and cannon fodder. Welcome to Amerika!
    And now they will able to lower pay and benefits for the military too! They will make sure it's a job that Americans won't do.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It is bad politics because they are not short of recruits or short of having problems to address amongst veterans.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.