Thread: Free Thought Project and 250 Independent Media Sites Deleted From Facebook

Free Thought Project and 250 Independent Media Sites Deleted From Facebook

Cop Block, End the Drug War, etc etc

First they came for Alex Jones...

Mark Dice Reporting
    https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdYkkBlLGW?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

How about just delete all politics from Facebook and leave social media to socializing?

I don't think Facebook was ever a good format for news and politics. Maybe remove political candidates as well both left and right.

Do people who join Facebook really want to see a bunch of shares of political feeds, or just keep up with friends, family, or coworkers?

This is some serious business.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Seems they're removing anything that's anti-Trump or anti-establishment narrative, regardless of which party or viewpoint it comes from. Sure seems like they're preparing for something that will require silencing intelligent and independent commentary (and more importantly, informed comments and information by their followers) in advance. Smells like the ol FF isn't far off.

Good write-up on the orgs that FB is partnering with. The usual suspects.
    https://sputniknews.com/us/201810121...n-By-Facebook/
    Last edited by devil21; 10-12-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

'Like a death blow': Banned alternative media speak to RT after mass Facebook purge
    https://www.rt.com/usa/441140-facebo...victims-speak/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-12-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This is some serious business.
    It's too late for them.
    They are trying to decapitate a hydra without fire.

It's is such an embarrassment for them.

Libertarian and Police Accountability Pages Deleted in Facebook Purge
    Hundreds of pages and accounts have been purged over accusations that they were "inauthentic." The page operators disagree.

Scott Shackford
    Oct. 12, 2018

"I contributed to Facebook's success and growth!" Jason Bassler said with some frustration this morning, a day after the social media giant unpublished the page for a media site he founded, The Free Thought Project. "I decided to create content day after day. Now they piss on us."

Facebook announced Thursday that it was deleting 559 pages and 251 accounts that it claims were breaking Facebook's rules against spam and "inauthentic" behavior. The Free Thought Project was one of the demolished pages, along with another of Bassler's efforts, Police the Police. Both pages that produced content—stories, memes, and videos—that focused on government behavior and were shared widely among fans, particularly libertarians.

Nathaniel Gleicher, Facebook's head of cybersecurity policy, and Oscar Rodriguez, a Facebook product manager, have explained the purge by writing that they don't think these sites were really trying to engage in political debate but were in fact spam factories trying to make money:

Bassler explains though that this was the result of networking between pages of similar interest, not a handful of people trying to artificially inflate their own popularity. He has made five pages himself, and he was assisting with these others.

"When we first started these pages in 2012, we started networking with different page owners realized we could do more to benefit each other by helping each other," he says. "What we did and what we've done for the past six years is help each other out by giving each other information."

Bassler isn't the only one confused. Over at the Washington Post, James Reader, who runs a progressive site and page called Reverb Reader, complains about Facebook "changing the rules as they went." Many of them, like Bassler, used networking to build a community to reach a larger audience—a normal sort of organizing that Facebook now deems "inauthentic."

The Free Thought Project had 3 million followers and Police the Police nearly 2 million. Some of the stories highlighted and shared on their website will be familiar to Reason readers, like the recent case of the Kansas man handcuffed on his own property by police who had confused him with a burglar. Bassler says he also got stories from people reaching out to them, upset when the general media reported only the police's side of the story. Bassler describes himself as a libertarian anarchist, but he says he's tried hard not to push an ideological agenda onto his pages, focusing instead on government accountability.

more:
    https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/12/l...ountability-pa

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somehow, I told you so, just doesn't cut it...

There are far too many people that think Facebook is the ENTIRE internet. Its not. We ARE the DARK WEB your mother warned you about.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    How about just delete all politics from Facebook and leave social media to socializing?

I don't think Facebook was ever a good format for news and politics. Maybe remove political candidates as well both left and right.

Do people who join Facebook really want to see a bunch of shares of political feeds, or just keep up with friends, family, or coworkers?
    Agree- and that's all I use it for.

Getting political on social media is never a good idea. Seems many have forgotten about becoming "grey men" & keeping a low profile where necessary.

I also find it interesting how much of this is now happening after Zuckerberg had to appear before Congress- pretty sure there's been some major influence from that arena.
    There is no spoon.

Hackers Pilfered Sensitive Data From Over 30 Million Facebook Accounts, Extensive Private Info On More Than 14 Million
    https://unfollo.com/read-blog/2_hack...extensive.html

Were You One Of The 30 Million Hacked Facebook Users? Here's How To Check
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...eres-how-check
    Last edited by goldenequity; 10-13-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Here's a flashback:

The George Soros-funded group Media Matters boasted in a confidential document issued in January 2017 outlining a collaborative plan with social-media giants to silence conservative voices and resist President Trump that it single-handedly persuaded the Facebook CEO to take “fake news” seriously and “commit to taking action to fix the problem.”
    Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/08/soros-gr...EGxAt2BTxQI.99

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Somehow, I told you so, just doesn't cut it...
    If we just ignore them, everything will be OK [sarc]. The political system being what it is.

Corporate Censorship IS Government Censorship.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Not done yet.

From the Soros funded "Media Matters" site:

Facebook's disinformation purge missed some major far-right networks
    October 12, 2018 12:35 PM EDT ››› NATALIE MARTINEZ

https://www.mediamatters.org/researc...etworks/221665

On October 11, Facebook announced the removal of 559 pages and 251 accounts that had “consistently broken [its] rules against spam and coordinated inauthentic behavior.” Facebook’s disinformation purge included two networks of far-right pages connected to the websites America’s Freedom Fighters and Right Wing News, right-wing sites that post fake news and clickbait. Facebook also removed individual pages belonging to fake news sites Allen West Republic, Overpasses For America, Molon Labe Industries, Clash Daily with Doug Giles, and Silence is Consent.

Some removed pages from Right Wing News’ network had also run paid political ads on Facebook featuring false news and misleading headlines.

Facebook’s takedown removed a plethora of bad actors who have used networks of pages and groups to coordinate and amplify the spread of anti-immigrant and racist content. However, other similar far-right disinformation pages on the platform are still up. Three other major networks that have regularly spread viral far-right propaganda and false news are connected to the fake news sites TruthFeed, Mad World News, and The Political Insider. All three of these networks recycle the same meme narratives as America’s Freedom Fighters and Right Wing News’ Facebook pages do, but they have been unaffected by Facebook’s recent action.

And while Facebook’s purge did impact some far-reaching Facebook networks, popular individual right-wing pages that regularly share false news and disinformation seemed largely unaffected. These pages include Judge Jeanine Pirro Has Fans, The Federalist Papers, Cold Dead Hands, and Occupy Democrats Logic.

And although this takedown has impacted a number of pages that push false political news and hate speech, it likely won’t affect currently active high-performing right-wing meme pages and networks.

A recent Media Matters study found that images posted by right-leaning pages were the highest performing type of political content on Facebook between January 1 and July 1, 2018. And in a follow-up study, Media Matters found that a subset of 26 right-leaning pages that we identified as meme pages (because they regularly post memes) were outperforming right-leaning, left-leaning, and nonaligned political Facebook pages.

Since these studies were published, right-wing meme pages have continued to thrive on Facebook -- and they have continued outperforming all other types of political pages. In our earlier studies, between January 1 and July 1, 2018, right-leaning and left-leaning pages had virtually the same average weekly interaction rates (number of interactions per post divided by page likes), while right-leaning meme pages had twice those interaction rates.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Cop Block, End the Drug War, etc etc

Mark Dice Reporting
    https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ypKdYkkBlLGW?
    I certainly hope this surprises nobody.

My use of FB has been primarily to keep in touch with people. Otherwise, it is a pretty useless platform, IMO. That said, they recently put me in FB jail for 30 days because they didn't like my use of "überfag". Naturally, those sissies assumed I was making a pejorative reference to homosekshools, when in fact I was using the "f a g" portion in its original and proper way, which denotes that which is "weak". But these people are so horny to be offended, so feverishly seeking to be "insulted", that they have no use for anything even remotely resembling a good communication habit that would direct them to first ask the question, "what sense of 'f a g' are you employing in your statement" prior to taking action. Never waste a good opportunity to go red in the face with outrage.

For those here that would like to be able to communicate with others without being monitored by those such as the Facebook NAZIs, I can recommend spreely.com. Thus far they appear to be good for their claims that you will not be censored. Come find me - search for "Demon Buddha".

Have fun, and to hell with FB. Run by a raft of pussies.
    Last edited by osan; 10-13-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Please don't use Facebook if you can help it.

Let the tumble continue...
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

It's not AJ and the BIG names you gotta pay attention to being silenced. It's the smaller folks with millions of followers that aren't constrained by controlled opposition agendas. Betcha that the amount of genuine followers of the smaller voices dwarf the AJ's of the cybersphere.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

What happens when YOU are deleted from Facebook and made into a Digital NON Person? Will there be anyone left to stick up for YOU? ...or me?
    1776 > 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Please don't use Facebook if you can help it.

Let the tumble continue...
    Never have, never will.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Just say no to fedbook
    Do something Danke

I've been active on the internet and other networks since the 80s as both user and system administrator. I never used facebook and reject your characterization of people such as myself as "Digital NON Persons".

I do sympathize with 'those' people who use it, but for so many more reasons than I care to tell...