Thread: The Columbian: Ron Paul draws overflow crowd in Vancouver

The Columbian: Ron Paul draws overflow crowd in Vancouver

About 1,500 attend Republican presidential candidate’s rally; hundreds turned away

http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/f...500-attend-re/

be sure to look at the pictures along the left side of the article:

Last edited by sailingaway; 02-17-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I was thinking the campaign was negligent by not getting bigger venues, but apparently not (see very beginning of video below),

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    I was thinking the campaign was negligent by not getting bigger venues, but apparently not (see very beginning of video below),

My girlfriend and I are the two faces in the bottom left corner around 1:34. Wheeee!

I had goosebumps the entire time I watched this. LOVE the bagpiper!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

its great we're turning out these huge crowds, but maybe the majority of supporters should stay outside and let undecideds go inside.

Dang it. Not even 7:30a here yet and this made me all misty eyed this morn. That was awesome!

lol at the guy wearing the nice suit along with his 3 young boys. They looked awesome!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Promoting to front page!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Way to represent Washington!

Have y'all organized for delegates yet?

Texas is going to be a tough battle here. We STILL don't have an official primary election date.

The meme that Ron Paul supporters are all young people has to be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    lol at the guy wearing the nice suit along with his 3 young boys. They looked awesome!
    lol... They caught my eye also. Awesome, indeed.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Inspiring! Great song choice.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    My girlfriend and I are the two faces in the bottom left corner around 1:34. Wheeee!
    Did you manage to get in?

It's AMAZING to see so many people coming out in support, indeed the revolution continues!

Quote Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
    Way to represent Washington!

Have y'all organized for delegates yet?

Texas is going to be a tough battle here. We STILL don't have an official primary election date.
    Is it being pushed back because Ron is expected to do well there?

Anyways, keep speading liberty, it's a proportional-delegate-state, right? So keep spreading the word, the more people the better
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    Did you manage to get in?

It's AMAZING to see so many people coming out in support, indeed the revolution continues!
    We had reserved seats because we were part of the sign wave. Awesome seats, too! Five rows from the front, in the center. I got CLOSE to Dr. Paul but I have yet to shake his hand It was like a mob scene when he went to sign and take photos with people.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    We had reserved seats because we were part of the sign wave. Awesome seats, too! Five rows from the front, in the center. I got CLOSE to Dr. Paul but I have yet to shake his hand It was like a mob scene when he went to sign and take photos with people.
    Santorum was reputedly considering secret service 'because of the mob scene' when he himself visited Seattle, but I suspect the tone was different.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Santorum was reputedly considering secret service 'because of the mob scene' when he himself visited Seattle, but I suspect the tone was different.
    LOL. QUITE different, I would imagine!
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

My gosh. I take back what I said about video making.That was powerful. Consciousness on display properly. Keep this up and change happens by default.

I used to live in Vancouver. I doubt there are any larger venues there. For that one has to cross the River into Portland. The largest venue in Vancouver is the Mall heading up toward Battleground and that would not be suitable for this sort of event.

Vancouver is a very conservative community, BTW, unlike Seattle which is uber-liberal. It is a very small town, though I enjoyed it there a lot and I did Portland.

Damn, now you got me missing the PNW.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.