Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [YouTube] Rand Paul CPAC speech 2013

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    Thanks for getting this up

Rand : "I was told I get 10 minutes . . . "

Last edited by rubioneocon; 03-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Florida Senator Marco Rubio on 03.14.2013 at CPAC convention . . .
    "The Republican Party doesn't need any new ideas in order to succeed."

OS / platform :
    RHEL - Red Hat Enterprise Linux with Fedora 17 KDE plasma workspace
    on Google Chrome web browser with Oracle JRE Java 7 Update 17

haha, that dude in the audience. I couldn't catch what he said the first time.

Rand: "A message for the president. A message that is loud and clear. A message that doesn't mince words".
    Dude from audience: "Don't drone me bro!"

h xxp://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/14/vote-who-will-win-the-2013-cpac-straw-poll/
    Vote and spread this please

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    "Don't drone me bro!"

LOL

Rand : Montesquie wrote there can be no liberty where you combine the legislative and executive branches . . .

OS / platform :

Metallica !!!! I love it !! Go Rand Paul !!

"Say your prayers little one - Don't forget my son - To include everyone"

"Something's wrong, shut the light - Heavy thoughts tonight - And they aren't of Snow White"

"Dreams of war, dreams of liars - Dreams of dragon's fire - And of things that will bite, yeah"

"Sleep with one eye open - Gripping your pillow tight"
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

great job, Rand!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

promoting
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
    h xxp://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/03/14/vote-who-will-win-the-2013-cpac-straw-poll/
    Vote and spread this please
    go viral folks

and the early lead is . . . Rand with over 67% to less than 8% for the Florida Senator

OS / platform :

Rand Paul 71.67%

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post

"Something's wrong, shut the light - Heavy thoughts tonight - And they aren't of Snow White"

"Dreams of war, dreams of liars - Dreams of dragon's fire - And of things that will bite, yeah"

Save the Rain-forests, End the Fed.

masterful
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post
    LOL It's a Randman Randpage !!!

Ahhh Good Morning !! I hear we are Tweeting today !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    #DontDroneMeBro

. . .
    LOL

OS / platform :

Gezzz I tweeted for hours #StandWithRand - where was everyone ?

#DontDroneMeBro

lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +thanks for promoting

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bauer View Post

Epic....
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Good speech although I don't like the 17% income tax idea even though I did back in the 90s. Rather move to a national sales tax of 10% over an income tax of 17%. This way the poor and dependent end up paying their fair share for the time being since they suck much of the money out of government. Also, a sales tax will reach the $2 trillion underground economy and no more filing required in April. IRS could be cut by 90%...sorry to the KBG agents but not really lol.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Good speech although I don't like the 17% income tax idea even though I did back in the 90s. Rather move to a national sales tax of 10% over an income tax of 17%. This way the poor and dependent end up paying their fair share for the time being since they suck much of the money out of government. Also, a sales tax will reach the $2 trillion underground economy and no more filing required in April. IRS could be cut by 90%...sorry to the KBG agents but not really lol.
    Yeah I would prefer for Rand to jump on the Fair Tax bandwagon instead of the flat tax. There is still time to formulate official policy.

Rannnnd the Randster... The great Randitooo! ShhhamalamaRandMan! Alright... Talking 'bout liberty...

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I also favor a 5-10% federal sales tax. But I'm for anything that lowers and simplifies taxes.

Hmmm... You know, I think this guy might just run for President...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    I also favor a 5-10% federal sales tax. But I'm for anything that lowers and simplifies taxes.
    I'm for whatever decreases revenue the most.

Also, a sales tax will reach the $2 trillion underground economy
    How?

Kind of tepid crowd response until about 9 minutes in. Were there a lot of McCain supporters in the audience?

I wish the tube included Rand's introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Yeah I would prefer for Rand to jump on the Fair Tax bandwagon instead of the flat tax. There is still time to formulate official policy.
    The Fair Tax is a trap. You will end up with both a Fair Tax and an Income Tax. The constitution is clear that it has to be an income tax unless it is repealed which is not happening.

I'm still with ron and ending the irs. People here are all for ending the fed but they forget that ending the irs would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsoldier View Post
    I'm still with ron and ending the irs. People here are all for ending the fed but they forget that ending the irs would do the same thing.
    it's impossible when its right there in the constitution. The IRS is just an agency that collects the tax that's in the constitution so unless that amendment can be repealed there's no point in ending the IRS.

The best thing to do if your president is to do what Rand wants: to institute a flat tax at lowest rate possible during your tenure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast