Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Schools Implant IUDs in Girls as Young as 6th Grade Without Their Parents Knowing

Schools Implant IUDs in Girls as Young as 6th Grade Without Their Parents Knowing

Schools Implant IUDs in Girls as Young as 6th Grade Without Their Parents Knowing

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/02/s...rents-knowing/

Earlier this month, LifeNews.com reported on a high school in Seattle, Washington that is now implanting intrauterine devices (IUD), as well as other forms of birth control and doing so without parental knowledge or permission.

The IUD is known as a long acting reversible contraception, and may even act as an abortifacient. So, a young teen in Seattle can’t get a coke at her high school, but she can have a device implanted into her uterus, which can unknowingly kill her unborn child immediately after conception. Or, if she uses another method, she can increase her chances of health risks for herself, especially if using a new method.

The high school, Chief Sealth International, a public school, began offering the devices in 2010, made possible by a Medicaid program known as Take Charge and a non-profit, Neighborcare. Students can receive the device or other method free of cost and without their parent’s insurance. And while it’s lauded that the contraception is confidential, how can it be beneficial for a parent-child relationship when the parents don’t even know the devices or medication their daughter is using?

As it turns out, Chief Sealth isn’t the only school in Seattle doing this. As CNS News reports, more schools are fitting young girls — as young as 6th grade — with the devices and doing so without their parents knowing.

Middle and high school students can’t get a Coca-Cola or a candy bar at 13 Seattle public schools, but they can get a taxpayer-funded intrauterine device (IUD) implanted without their parents’ consent.

Click here to sign up for daily pro-life news alerts from LifeNews.com

School-based health clinics in at least 13 Seattle-area public high schools and middle schools offer long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs), including IUDs and hormonal implants, to students in sixth-grade and above at no cost, according to Washington State officials.

LARCs are associated with serious side effects, such as uterine perforation and infection. IUDs, specifically, can also act as abortifacients by preventing the implantation of a fertilized egg.

The state and federally funded contraceptive services are made possible by Take Charge, a Washington State Medicaid program which provides free birth control to adults who are uninsured, lack contraceptive coverage, have an income at or below 260 percent of the Federal Poverty Level — or, in this case, to teens who don’t want their parents to know they’re on birth control.

In an email exchange with the Washington State Health Care Authority and CNSNews.com, a Take Charge spokesperson acknowledged that underage students are eligible for a “full array of covered family planning services” at school-based clinics if their parents meet the program’s requirements.

Take Charge added that “a student who does not want their parents to know they are seeking reproductive health services is allowed to apply for Take Charge using their own income, and if they are insured under their parents’ plan, the insurance would not be billed.”

When asked if a sixth grader could get an IUD implanted without parental consent, Take Charge told CNSNews.com: “We encourage all Take Charge providers to offer long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) in their clinics. A young person does not need parental consent to obtain a LARC or any other contraceptive method…If the young person is not choosing abstinence, she would be able to select a LARC and have it inserted without parental consent.”
    Parents, if you have children in these schools, you need to investigate and complain immediately. And all parents ought to take a look at the health policies of their young daughters’ schools to find out if a similar program is in place where you live.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is just an outrage. It's more than the confidentiality. It's that schools are offering drugs and devices without a complete medical history. It's not just the violation of the parent-child relationship. It's the violation of established medical practices. Regardless of how people feel about hormonal birth control, there are certain people who should never use it because it can complicate other medical conditions or interfere with the effectiveness of other medications and vice versa.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

They do seem to have an inordinate amount of faith in their cadre of lawyers.

They'll find out how good their lawyers are soon enough, at this rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

While I am prolife and believe in abstinence until marriage, I do understand contraception education and promotion. I have worked with tweens and teens and am very sad to say no matter what you do or say, there will be a handful who feel the need to rebel and go have unprotected sex outside of marriage. While there is no such thing as 100% safe sex (there is always a risk of pregnancy), proper use of multiple forms of contraception, greatly reduce this risk. It is easier to convince a rebellious teenager with raging hormones, to at least have the sense to use protection, than convince a pregnant teen to carry a child to term and give birth to him/her.

My concern is this education and promotion sometimes goes to the extreme of encouraging what professionals deem "safe sex", outside of marriage. They are almost creating a culture where it's "okay to explore your sexuality" and other vague politically correct mumble jumble that attempts to justify and downplay the culture and act of casual sex. It really upsets me which is why I could not stand to work/volunteer in his leftist nightmare of an organization.

Side note about the article: 6th grade (11-12 year old girls) is so young! That's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Liberty View Post
    While I am prolife and believe in abstinence until marriage, I do understand contraception education and promotion. I have worked with tweens and teens and am very sad to say no matter what you do or say, there will be a handful who feel the need to rebel and go have unprotected sex outside of marriage. While there is no such thing as 100% safe sex (there is always a risk of pregnancy), proper use of multiple forms of contraception, greatly reduce this risk. It is easier to convince a rebellious teenager with raging hormones, to at least have the sense to use protection, than convince a pregnant teen to carry a child to term and give birth to him/her.

My concern is this education and promotion sometimes goes to the extreme of encouraging what professionals deem "safe sex", outside of marriage. They are almost creating a culture where it's "okay to explore your sexuality" and other vague politically correct mumble jumble that attempts to justify and downplay the culture and act of casual sex. It really upsets me which is why I could not stand to work/volunteer in his leftist nightmare of an organization.

Side note about the article: 6th grade (11-12 year old girls) is so young! That's disgusting.
    It is easier to convince a rebellious teenager with raging hormones, to at least have the sense to use protection, than convince a pregnant teen to carry a child to term and give birth to him/her.
    This may be true, but it's only because it's been drilled into their heads babies are evil. The natural reaction to pregnancy isn't to kill the child.
    "The Patriarch"

The kids knew they were getting the birth control right? I think the parents should have been involved but it's not like the kids are telling them about all the great sex they're having. I guess I'd rather have the kid on something so they don't create another kid without the financial ability to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    The kids minor child living under her parents roof knew they were getting the birth control right? I think the parents should have been involved but it's not like the kids are telling them about all the great sex they're having. I guess I'd rather have the kid on something so they don't create another kid without the financial ability to pay for them.
    FIFY...

The idea that children have the right or authority to use government to perform medical procedures without the parents written and informed consent really bothers me.

The idea that government believes it's entitled to offer such procedures without the parents approval flat pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    The kids knew they were getting the birth control right? I think the parents should have been involved but it's not like the kids are telling them about all the great sex they're having. I guess I'd rather have the kid on something so they don't create another kid without the financial ability to pay for them.
    Did you not read the article? Some of the children were as young as sixth grade. That would mean age 11. What is great about kids that age having sex? Do you think a girl that age is mature enough to bond on that level and experience sexual pleasure with a man? Having raised a wonderfully sex-positive daughter to adulthood, I can tell you that encouraging children to have sex at age 11 is not going to help them. What I wonder is what motivates all this interest in birth control for children? Is it that they are grooming children to be sexual with all and sundry? Is there a predator teaching or working in their school?

Folks, when you read these articles, do the math. When you hear that an 11-year old is being given hormonal birth control without a full medical history, ask why that seems necessary and why your tax dollars are paying for it.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-04-2015 at 08:49 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The tyranny is building. The state is doing whatever they want, and giving you the middle finger. Who gave the DoE this authority? What next? Sex changes?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Last edited by Created4; 07-04-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Bill Gates and his foundation are just plain evil.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    What I wonder is what motivates all this interest in birth control for children?
    Probably the best chance for physical addiction to birth control pills of the group under eugenic protocol is to get them on the birth control bandwagon early with an IUD. Gateway drug if you will.

The high school, Chief Sealth International, a public school, began offering the devices in 2010
    Surely klanned parenthood is behind this. That's the most non-white highschool in the state.

Opened in 1957 in southern West Seattle, Chief Sealth students comprise one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse student bodies in Washington State.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_...al_High_School
    Last edited by presence; 07-04-2015 at 10:05 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Probably the best chance for physical addiction to birth control pills of the group under eugenic protocol is to get them on the birth control bandwagon early with an IUD. Gateway drug if you will.

Surely klanned parenthood is behind this. That's the most non-white highschool in the state.
    If eugenics were the goal wouldn't it make more sense to curtail government aid instead of adding more in the form of birthcontrol?

If anything these type of programs point to promoting promiscuity among the target audience.....

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    FIFY...

The idea that children have the right or authority to use government to perform medical procedures without the parents written and informed consent really bothers me.

The idea that government believes it's entitled to offer such procedures without the parents approval flat pisses me off.
    ... and keep in mind, the "government" is just a collection of other people. So the real situation is that you have a group of people who think it's OK to perform sexually based medical procedures on other peoples children without telling their parents, and then of course they are back-handily forcing the parents to pay for it (via taxation) regardless if they wanted to or not.

This is one of the most over-the-top, out-of-control cases I've seen yet. We are utterly lost in the wilderness- I don't know what else to say.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    ... and keep in mind, the "government" is just a collection of other people. So the real situation is that you have a group of people who think it's OK to perform sexually based medical procedures on other peoples children without telling their parents, and then of course they are back-handily forcing the parents to pay for it (via taxation) regardless if they wanted to or not.

This is one of the most over-the-top, out-of-control cases I've seen yet. We are utterly lost in the wilderness- I don't know what else to say.
    I agree with this 100%. If an 11 year old girl is having sex, an IUD is not what she needs. A father is what she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I agree with this 100%. If an 11 year old girl is having sex, an IUD is not what she needs. A father is what she needs.
    Government and all her functionaries are the child's father...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    What a quaint obsolete opinion. It's time to destroy the patriarchy, haven't you heard?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Having raised a wonderfully sex-positive daughter to adulthood...
    We need more parents like you!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Indeed, this is the same crowd that joins alongside the gender feminists who think all intercourse is rape and will not tolerate any dissenting discussion. So, basically what they are saying is that we want kids to be free to participate in rape, let's just make sure that there is no physical consequence for whom we must change diapers. Phooey what it does to the preteen, but let's make sure there are no babies as evidence, and that the kids are injected full of drugs and disease that may well kill them. This just goes to show the complete hypocricy of the left. There is no rationality in it.

When and if these kids get to college, they are in for a rude awakening. Their school taught them how to rape each other, and provided the means for them to do it without producing babies. In the meantime, their body chemistry is ruined and they are thoroughly indoctrinated that they should now hate each other. What a freaking mess.
    Last edited by euphemia; 07-04-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    We need more parents like you!
    Thank you. That would be the shortest route to the dissolution of government schooling, ever.
    #NashvilleStrong

FIFY...

Me too. But I wonder if that is because we have kids? At 16 I would have thought it was great that my friends who were "doing it" could get birth control without their snoopy mean parents finding out.

At 24, I would have been resigned to the fact that some kids just never stood a chance anyway, and this was probably the best option.

Now that I have kids, I absolutely believe I have a right to know. But I also always made sure my kids knew they were free to discuss anything in the MDs office and have him keep it secret if they felt it best. I trusted my MD to be able to convince my kids that they should include me if necessary.

But I did not have girls. That's a game changer too.

I think the bigger worry here is the health effects of the IUDs. They all tend to be estrogenic, which can affect development permanently. In a fair society, no money would be enough to pay damages after a fair trial.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Just wait and see what the medical fascists have in store for us, moving forward.

Without hyperbole, I can say I doubt humanity will survive the next century.

Or if we do, it will be in a shape and form so twisted and mutated, as to be unrecognizable to this current generation.

And human liberty and autonomy will be as dead as Julius Caesar.

But I honestly don't see what all the hubbub is about, now that I think about it.

If the state can force vaccinations on you, why not this?

The principle is exactly the same.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is all putting the cart before the horse. Children have a lot of learning and maturing to do before they are ready for the responsibilities of sex. It is just not appropriate for a child to be taught it is ever okay or recommended that they can do what they want as long as they prevent the consequence. That's just fundamentally dishonest. It's trading one consequence for another.
    #NashvilleStrong

mandatory male sterilization is the only answer here. Unless you're wealthy of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    But I honestly don't see what all the hubbub is about, now that I think about it.

If the state can force vaccinations on you, why not this?

The principle is exactly the same.
    They're not being forced. The procedure is being done at the request of the child and being paid for by the parents' insurance. If the child can come up with the $1000 or whatever, they are allowing it to be done without the parents' knowledge.

Without a full medical history. That's the point. And no parental consent. But if there are complications and the drugs or devices are not indicated for the child, and the child becomes ill or infertile, who bears the cost and responsibility for that?
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They're not being forced. The procedure is being done at the request of the child and being paid for by the parents' insurance. If the child can come up with the $1000 or whatever, they are allowing it to be done without the parents' knowledge.
    Ya huh.

The point/question is: who do these children "belong" to?

Government and all her functionaries are the child's father...

Yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast