Thread: Positive articles on Rand's SXSW appearance in The Hill, Yahoo, Bloomberg, USA Today

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I was leaving my house yesterday to go cover Rand Paul. I was wearing jeans, a black linen jacket and a blue, button-down shirt. But, as I walked out the door, I checked myself and thought, `Wait, I am going to cover Rand Paul on a Sunday afternoon, I should dress cooler than this; I should dress more like Rand Paul.”
    So I went back in the house, took off my button-down shirt, put on a white t-shirt, put my linen jacket back on and headed off to the first of two Rand Paul appearances I would cover – this a launch of Liberty Action Texas, a new project of the Young Americans for Liberty Foundation, dedicated to identifying and training a “new generation of liberty leaders in Texas,” held at a 15th floor outside terrace on Congress Avenue a couple of blocks from the Capitol.

Man, was I glad I did. There were probably about 150 people on the terrace to hear Paul, but no two people were dressed more alike than the two us. We looked cool.
    Rand Paul at launch of Liberty Action Texas Sunday in Austin.
    Rand Paul at launch of Liberty Action Texas Sunday in Austin.

Rand Paul at launch of Liberty Acton Texas
    Rand Paul at launch of Liberty Acton Texas

My reflection in the Marriott window, offering a vague suggestion of my Rand Paul attire
    My reflection in the Marriott window, offering a vague suggestion of my Rand Paul attire
    OK. Rand Paul looked cooler. There were the sunglasses. And the nonchalant demeanor. And he’s Rand Paul, who, I think, whatever else you think of him, has to be considered the coolest guy in the Republican field. Right?

http://politics.blog.statesman.com/2...itics-of-cool/

-Virgil

Not to those individuals who think a cool, hip politician is an old woman college professor who pretends to be an indian

Haven't seen this link to the Texas Tribune video of the live interview:

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/03/...ith-rand-paul/

It's awesome.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

every article, positive and negative, should be posted here.

Twitter video:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.