Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What grassroots effort gives Ron Paul the most hope?

What grassroots effort gives Ron Paul the most hope?

Daily Bell: What gives you the most hope right now?

Ron Paul: I think I get the biggest encouragement from talking to young people figuring this out. Their minds are more open, they’re aware of the problems. And, once again, they’re not the 51 percent but the ones who will come out and get involved in the many projects I have are very, very enthusiastic about learning and being involved. Some of them get involved in politics and some do other things like teaching. I think that’s where I get the greatest encouragement.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/06/a...th-to-freedom/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump

I just love that man.

Great find cajun!

After each and every one of us did that then there will always be a role we can play. It will be different. Some of us stay involved in education, others in politics, some people become writers and then others might apply it to their investment opportunities, looking at investments and things and saying this is what’s coming; you ought to be prepared. Everybody has a responsibility first to understand the system and then be available and be willing to share that, not only with your friends and neighbors but anybody who asks you for the information. And hopefully, these ideas will spread.

Ron Paul educated the most people when he ran for President.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Ron Paul educated the most people when he ran for President.
    He really did. But there's still many more who need to be educated. It's up to us now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    He really did. But there's still many more who need to be educated. It's up to us now.
    Yeah. Are you having any success educating people? If so, what works?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I could name a few here on rpf...

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

I am guessing it isn't the people that hand around RPF and bitch about Rand. Did I win?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I am guessing it isn't the people that hand around RPF and bitch about Rand. Did I win?
    You win
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:23 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I certainly don't bitch about Rand. I'm talking about certain ones who say that others make them look bad...

Last edited by purplechoe; 06-23-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
    - Mark Twain

"I'm Ron Paul, I'm a Congressman from Texas serving in my tenth term, I am the champion of the Constitution." 05/03/07 - revolution restarts

Finding common ground works. You don't have to talk to people for hours, you just have to get them thinking differently on any issue you can work into a brief conversation.

I do. What works is listening to what's important to them and addressing their problems with a liberty oriented solution. Be kind. Be respectful. Be patient. Ease them into it, make it about them and their problems ~ empathize.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I do. What works is listening to what's important to them and addressing their problems with a liberty oriented solution. Be kind. Be respectful. Be patient. Ease them into it, make it about them and their problems ~ empathize.
    Yeah.
    Last edited by William Tell; 07-06-2018 at 07:24 AM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The entire idea that you need an educated populace is really a fallacy. You just need a few people who are willing to work hard and know how to push the right buttons.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

As a peer, I find that attempting to convince with talk is often taken personally. For a person to want change, it takes getting upset about injustice. How do you describe an injustice to someone who doesn't yet know it exists in a conversational way?

The main ways people get all the way to individualism is by having a primary influence such as a parent, sibling, teacher, or minister already there, or a personal injustice occurring in their lives which drives them to research. Occasionally there is a somewhat random influential book, movie, or TV show that drives them to research. Occasionally there is an influential friend, spouse, or professor who spurs an interest, perhaps by opening the listener's eyes to their sense of 'civic duty' and power to change injustices. Occasionally there is an MSM political junky who goes on a tear of reading / listening to content outside of their paradigm.

I did prosthelatyzing all wrong (for me) for a long time, and I now believe that it is better to provide information that I know is relevant to something they already care deeply about, than to convince with talking. Since I was a ranter and a raver for so long everyone I know knows where I stand, however distorted their perception of it may be. So my approach now is an even slower/more conservative one than it would have been had I not laid it all out before. Now I just want to be a good example of a person and do what I can to change the world, inside and outside of politics. There are people I can ask for help, and people who will be interested in hearing about my efforts. But I bet most, if not all, of the people I know who are into liberty are those who were open to the ideas of liberty or knew about them before I ever opened my mouth. It's not like people look to me for answers to their questions!

Sharing videos I think can be valuable. It places the authority on the filmmaker. The viewer can choose whether to trust the information or not without it being personal. It doesn't matter what they think of me, before or after viewing the video. In the end though, people listen to their own authorities, for the most part. I think people around me are changing and finding liberty more acceptable at the same rate as the rest of the populace - because TV and radio and newspapers are too.
    Last edited by nayjevin; 06-23-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The entire idea that you need an educated populace is really a fallacy. You just need a few people who are willing to work hard and know how to push the right buttons.
    Why don't you go tell that to Ron Paul? Apparently he feels differently about this issue than you do.

So freakin' true.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Why don't you go tell that to Ron Paul? Apparently he feels differently about this issue than you do.
    You didn't see him getting elected President or getting any of his policies implemented did you?
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

You didn't see him getting elected President or getting any of his policies implemented did you?
    Hey, you know what, Matt? That's because THE PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE IGNORANT OF THE CONCEPTS OF LIBERTY. That's what this whole topic is about! They need to be educated.

But maybe you should go and tell Ron Paul what a failure you think he's been next time you see him. I'm sure he'll be so impressed with you. Isn't everyone?

How could he have possibly won when he was pointing out how corrupt this government is? What he did do was wake up a lot of people to the corruption in government--especially the Federal Reserve.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Sure, that works. But it would also be a fallacy to say that educating the populace can't work.

The question is, what's the best way forward? IMO, that's up to the individual, and how they think they can best affect change. For someone with a lot of resources at their disposal, working to be a button pusher could be the best way. For someone without resources or political influence, working to educate the populace may be what is right for them.

There is no right or wrong, I am just grateful for everyone who does work to promote liberty.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Ron Paul also has said what is in my profile. Come on, is this divide and conquer or what? Let everyone focus on whichever they want to. I can't see as it's necessary to degrade the other.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

It would be common for a person who thinks in terms of government power to be critical of a person who was not able to pass legislation or gain elected office. That view is narrowsighted. People learned, questioned, and were inspired.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Ron Paul also has said what is in my profile. Come on, is this divide and conquer or what? Let everyone focus on whichever they want to. I can't see as it's necessary to degrade the other.
    He also said what's in my profile. No divide and conquer...it's a legitimate quote from the man who inspired this site. He recognizes that all of us have different talents, resources, and abilities....all are needed and welcomed in our pursuit of liberty.

He also said what's in my profile. No divide and conquer...it's a legitimate quote from the man who inspired this site. He recognizes that all of us have different talents, resources, and abilities....all are needed and welcomed in our pursuit of liberty.
    The point is that he finds value in both approaches.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    The point is that he finds value in both approaches.
    I'm not arguing against that, LE.

Quote Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
    It would be common for a person who thinks in terms of government power to be critical of a person who was not able to pass legislation or gain elected office. That view is narrowsighted. People learned, questioned, and were inspired.
    Of course 2008 and 2012 bore fruit.... no one is questioning that, and our efforts were worthwhile. And we did change some things. But policy doesn't change except through the political process.

Not calling them a statist for starters LOL.

I usually talk about war first, then civil liberties, then I talk about how Paul predicted the recession in 09 and people start paying attention. I've convinced a bunch of high schoolers in TX that he's at least honest and better than most. They aren't libertarians but they like what he says.

Of course 2008 and 2012 bore fruit.... no one is questioning that, and our efforts were worthwhile. And we did change some things. But policy doesn't change except through the political process.
    That seems pretty obvious. Laws don't change and politicians don't get replaced by thinking, cooking, playing sports, but by doing politics. I don't see why there is a need to focus on that? Isn't it pretty well understood that people have to be educated to the truth before they can vote for the truth though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast