Thread: Rand Paul Summons Political Operatives for 2016 Strategy Session

Rand Paul Summons Political Operatives for 2016 Strategy Session

Rand Paul Summons Political Operatives for 2016 Strategy Session
    The closely guarded gathering ahead of Paul's likely presidential run will happen only eight days after the midterms.

BY SHANE GOLDMACHER
    October 22, 2014

Sen. Rand Paul is summoning his top strategists and political advisers to Washington one week after the November election for a strategy session over his widely expected 2016 presidential bid.

The gathering of Paul's top lieutenants in the nation's capital has been quietly organized by Doug Stafford, his chief political strategist, who began reaching out to key figures in Paul's political world earlier this month, multiple sources told National Journal.

Stafford has told invitees to reserve Nov. 12 on their calendar both during the day and into the night. Paul himself is expected to attend some of the meetings.

"This is the come to Jesus before the planned launch," said one Paul insider, who has been invited to the gathering.

The meeting of the Kentucky Republican's kitchen cabinet has been kept under wraps, with most of the invitees not even told who else will be there. Stafford has yet to circulate a formal official agenda, though few on "Team Rand," as Stafford sometimes calls the group, need to be told the talk will focus on a presidential run.

read more:
    http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...ssion-20141022

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    geeze... did this have to be leaked?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Sounds like Paul and Stafford might already have some trust issues with certain people involved and trusted with information, leaking information. Nothing surprising here really, as it is politics.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 10-22-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Should have given 20 different dates and times out.

Would have resolved some issues nice and quick up front.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Did you get an invite?
    Hopefully Wead and Adams are on the list, and benton isn't.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    Sounds like Paul and Stafford might already has some trust issues with certain people involved and trusted with information, leaking information. Nothing surprising here really, as it is politics.
    I see nothing in the article saying the information was leaked, just that they are doing it quietly and not announcing who will be attending or the agenda. I can't imagine they really expected such an event to take place in secret.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I see nothing in the article saying the information was leaked, just that they are doing it quietly and not announcing who will be attending or the agenda. I can't imagine they really expected such an event to take place in secret.
    The comment I replied to said "leaked", and the article didn't specify who gave the information by name, just "said one Paul insider".

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    The comment I replied to said "leaked", and the article didn't specify who gave the information by name, just "said one Paul insider".
    yeah, the article itself doesn't say leaked. just the usual self-important person wanting to make it seem like they had some sort of secret information. lol

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stafford is quoted. Isn't he releasing information in a controlled manner?

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Stafford is quoted. Isn't he releasing information in a controlled manner?
    The Stafford quote was from months ago
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, the article itself doesn't say leaked. just the usual self-important person wanting to make it seem like they had some sort of secret information. lol
    Bingo

About National Journal
    National Journal is regarded as the most credible and influential publication in Washington, providing more than 3 million influentials in public policy and business with the insights they need to make government work.
    Fiercely honest and scrupulously non-partisan, National Journal has a four-decade history of serving leaders in Washington—and around the country—with trustworthy, in-depth analysis on legislation, politics, and the structural trends shaping America.
    Learn More About Membership
    National Journal properties include the acclaimed flagship magazine, as well as NationalJournal.com, National Journal Daily, National Journal Hotline, The Almanac of American Politics, and a suite of strategic and research services for public policy professionals.
    Are you on some other planet?

Explain how this can be viewed as inappropriate or "leak".

If anything its a political strip tease:

I'm not officially announcing that I'm running for president yet... but my dad thinks I am and I'm assembling a team of my most trusted advisors for 24 hour for a super secret gathering in DC; why did you want some of this?

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...er-d5gld2w.png

don't mind the british undies
    Last edited by presence; 10-23-2014 at 10:44 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

This was obviously not intended to be public knowledge.

so, transparency is a bad thing?....hmmm...ok...

Even if this was leaked, is anyone really surprised that he might be in the beginning stages of putting a team together for a presidential run? Why is it a big deal?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    so, transparency is a bad thing?....hmmm...ok...
    Why would an army general want his strategy made public?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would an army general want his strategy made public?
    This isn't releasing his strategy, this is releasing the fact that he's developing a strategy - which the enemy generals already knew.

P.S. And, another thing, there are leaks and there are "leaks" (wink wink).
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-23-2014 at 01:47 PM.

To inspire fears in the hearts of his enemies.

And this isn't a strategy being exposed, this is a meeting of the minds being exposed. So this is really more like the enemy knowing that an army general is meeting with his top lieutenants and advisers.

Sounds like a prime time to off most of your political opposition though. Hope they don't all fly on the same plane...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Everyone here that got an invite - please raise your hand...

That many, hu...

-t

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

"Despite all the secrecy, not one but multiple sources told Goldmacher about the meeting, but apparently no other reporters. That ensures that the National Journal will play up their scoop, and since there isn't much resembling news happening at the moment when it comes to 2016, political junkies everywhere will be interested. And the idea of Rand Paul, serious presidential candidate, is everywhere."

http://prospect.org/article/rand-paul-continues-record-brilliant-media-manipulation

This is really gonna be the craziest time of my life actively campaigning and affecting the GOP to ensure he gets nominated like how I first read in 2012, I'll be doing it in 2015...I'm beyond mentally ready. Physically & Financially I'm not but that's not a main point of concern for me at this time lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

The way Rand Paul is orchestrating the political process is really a beautiful thing to watch. The GOP has the unenviable choice to either join him reluctantly or risk irrelevancy in national elections.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The way Rand Paul is orchestrating the political process is really a beautiful thing to watch. The GOP has the unenviable choice to either join him reluctantly or risk irrelevancy in national elections.
    I repped you for your first sentence before the second one sank in. Unenviable? reluctantly? They should be so lucky to have someone as him to lead the way, coming over the hill singing and all. They should be thanking their lucky stars.

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    I repped you for your first sentence before the second one sank in. Unenviable? reluctantly? They should be so lucky to have someone as him to lead the way, coming over the hill singing and all. They should be thanking their lucky stars.
    I meant from their point of view, of course.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Well then obviously Rand and TeamRand needs to pick better political operatives.

I think it was probably more of a planned leak than anything. People who should be closest to Rand as well as State leaders SHOULD know better than to leak information like this by accident.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll